davemash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First bulk!! Do i have enough muscle mass to cut and look ok?

Hi guys,

I have been skinny all my life due to never eating enough. This is my first time I have tried to bulk. As I have no real experiance in bodybuilding so need to ask all you guys for advice. Do I have enough muscle mass to cut and look ripped. I cant tell because i have gained some Bodyfat along the way. I just dont want to undo all the work i have put in and be skinny again when i cut

Thanks in advance

Dave
    Attached Images

jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jolanar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You've gained 44 lbs. Mad props sir. I would cut for now and get lean for the summer if I were you.

Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
    You've gained 44 lbs. Mad props sir. I would cut for now and get lean for the summer if I were you.
    Thanks for your quick response, I think i have gained allot so fast because my body was starving! bit of a dirty bulk as i just needed the weight. will i lose muscle when i cut?

Accessorizing wit my reps gymjunki3's Avatar
    gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gymjunki3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by davemash View Post
    Thanks for your quick response, I think i have gained allot so fast because my body was starving! bit of a dirty bulk as i just needed the weight. will i lose muscle when i cut?
    yes everyone does but the important thing is how much.
    you gained average 3kgs a month a bit too much but still good result Op.
    just go on a cut, eat 10% below your TEE monitor if you dont lose weight after 4 weeks lower cals by 200.
    1915,1933,2003, 2014 Genocide after Genocide.
    #We are N #SaveNineveh
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Zowaa our last hope on the ground*
    -Isaiah 19:23-25 Assyria will rise

Cheers guys, one other question I have is, what would happen if don't cut now and say bulk for another 12 months? Would I just look realy fat

Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheers guys, one other question I have is, what would happen if don't cut now and say bulk for another 12 months? Would I just look realy fat
    Depends on your diet. If your eating clean & your monitoring your calories, theres no reason for you to get fat while bulking. However, a little fat is always expected.

Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you clean up your diet and keep bulking, you won't gain a lot of fat. A little is unavoidable at a big caloric surplus, but you could go either way right now. It depends on if you want to be 'beach ready' or what.
    ***SCC***

The gods will do nothing for us that we cannot do for ourselves.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Mitchhhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were you I would cut, then bulk for a long time, very clean bulk though, you don't want to gain much body fat while bulking but sometimes it's hard not to when eating a surplus of calories etc.
    good luck man
    My Cutting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142890401

Start:220lb
    Goal:180lb
    Current:205lb

ANVIL87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im no expert, but I say keep bulking, long way to go. If you dont like fat then do it cleanly. I say this because I powerlift with females who are your height and weight and still look good in a bikin! Not knocking you in any way, just dont know why everyone always seems to jump the gun on getting cut and lean. Better to walk down the beach at 20% bf knowing your the only one within miles who can pull 650lb or squat 600 to paralell etc than to be just another "bro" with abs showing... just my .02 I like your year long bulk idea.

TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TobyVanBaast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hi guys,

I have been skinny all my life due to never eating enough. This is my first time I have tried to bulk. As I have no real experiance in bodybuilding so need to ask all you guys for advice. Do I have enough muscle mass to cut and look ripped. I cant tell because i have gained some Bodyfat along the way. I just dont want to undo all the work i have put in and be skinny again when i cut

Thanks in advance

Dave
    Depends.. I would say you could gain another 15-45 lbs before cutting. But then again, summer is just around the corner.
    I mean you could always gain SOME bulk while and after cutting. Depends on if you want a beach body sooner rather than later.

humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haha, same thing I did. You look wider and fuller. Start that cut. I've started too. You won't lose muscle if you do it properly. Keep your protein intake high and lift heavy. If you lose strength (more than 1-2 lbs per week) that means you're losing muscle.