viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A couple weeks at maintenance

I have been dieting for about 16 months now and have unfortunately been doing it improperly for the last 6 months or so. An average day would be between 600-800 calories and I kept this up for a few months until the beginning of January. Long story short but basically the last 6 weeks I have had binging episodes that have not really caused me to gain weight but have had an influence on my weight loss progress. Now I eat about 1k-1.1k calories a day which I know is unhealthy and I also know the binging is clearly unhealthy as well. I was wondering though if my metabolism is ruined from my unhealthy eating habits and if I would be able to benefit physically (mentally as well) from a week or two at maintenance to hopefully try to normalize things. It would be difficult for me and I would have to lock my scale in a chest or something because I always freak out about water gain. Last weekend for me was a 4 day binging episode and I gained about 10lbs (still up 4lbs) which really took its toll on me mentally so I know I would have to ignore scale weight if I was to increase my calories to maintenance for a few weeks.

Thanks

Stats: 6'2"
    Weight: 163-167lbs

Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by viper318 View Post

Stats: 6'2"
    Weight: 163-167lbs
    Why are you cutting?

Eat. Eat some more. Eat again! Repeat!

Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should definitely eat at maintenance for atleast a month I'd say since your deficit was incredibly large. Don't look at the scale or mirror during this time, will only fuk with you mentally. After doing this, your hormones should be alright.

When you continue to cut, try the highest amount of calories you can lose weight on (~lb a week), like try 2500 for 2 weeks and see what happens, lose too fast, up cals, lose too slow, then reduce.

EDIT: at your current weight you'd be better off bulking, didn't notice at first.

viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) viper318 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Liftrunlift View Post
    Why are you cutting?

Eat. Eat some more. Eat again! Repeat!
    Well without writing a novel I will just summarize by saying that I have lost weight that has caused a good deal of loose skin that leaves me cutting until I am finally happy with my body.

Originally Posted by Ondemand View Post
    You should definitely eat at maintenance for atleast a month I'd say since your deficit was incredibly large. Don't look at the scale or mirror during this time, will only fuk with you mentally. After doing this, your hormones should be alright.

When you continue to cut, try the highest amount of calories you can lose weight on (~lb a week), like try 2500 for 2 weeks and see what happens, lose too fast, up cals, lose too slow, then reduce.

EDIT: at your current weight you'd be better off bulking, didn't notice at first.
    I am by no means calling you a liar but do you have any research or evidence that would prove that a month at maintenance would restore my hormone levels and normalize my metabolism? I have heard many times that what you say is true but given the amount of false health information on the internet, I just want to be sure.

Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am by no means calling you a liar but do you have any research or evidence that would prove that a month at maintenance would restore my hormone levels and normalize my metabolism? I have heard many times that what you say is true but given the amount of false health information on the internet, I just want to be sure.
    Lyle talks about in the link below although his recommendation is 2 weeks, a month would be good for you since your deficit has been so large. And I agree with the bulking suggestion, no use cutting if you don't have a solid amount of muscle mass.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...iet-break.html

Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftrunlift is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well without writing a novel I will just summarize by saying that I have lost weight that has caused a good deal of loose skin that leaves me cutting until I am finally happy with my body.
    Start bulking. Thats great that you have lost a lot of weight. Congrats!
    Do a slow bulk, and stop weighing yourself daily. Use the mirror to judge your progress.
    If you start putting on muscle, it will help with the loose skin. If you keep cutting, it's only going to make the loose skin look worse.

Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ondemand is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's good you remain skeptical honestly, as indeed most info is bullsh!t. The link by Reloadguy should cover it.

Thanks for all the feedback. Starting today I am officially going to try to consume 2k-2.5k calories and keep this up for a week or so. It is going to be hard but I am going to try my best not to constantly look in the mirror at my bloating and to not weigh myself daily.