Thread: Grains?

ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Grains?

What are your feelings on grains? Are they good or bad? Read a little bit on a website earlier about how they were the end of the world causing cancer, diabitis, obesity and just about everything else bad. Just wanting to get some more opinions. Do any of yall avoid grains, either directly or by eating only grassfed beef for example?
    Was going to include the link but I don't have enough posts. Its called "Corn, It's What's Bad for You" if you want to look it up.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    grains are fine, i think the most important thing is is to try a bunch of different carbohydrate sources and find the ones that work best for you in terms of digestion and energy. For example, almost all of my carbs come from just 3 sources: white rice, oats, and white potatoes. I digest those the best and get very good energy from them. I do not digest sweet potatoes well so I do not eat them.

ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddc44ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    grains are fine, i think the most important thing is is to try a bunch of different carbohydrate sources and find the ones that work best for you in terms of digestion and energy. For example, almost all of my carbs come from just 3 sources: white rice, oats, and white potatoes. I digest those the best and get very good energy from them. I do not digest sweet potatoes well so I do not eat them.
    Yea I haven't cut them out of my diet yet. I just keep hearing more and more about them being bad so I am just getting more curious.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ddc44ever View Post
    Was going to include the link but I don't have enough posts. Its called "Corn, It's What's Bad for You" if you want to look it up.

That term pulls up the website for Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats, which
    is the marketing arm of Ted Slanker's ranch where we raise grass-fed beef in the Red River Valley of northeast Texas.
    This quote below seems to be the gist of what they are trying to sell you on:

Grain-fed beef is higher in saturated fats, and further, its polyunsaturated fat content is low in the healthy Omega-3s, while higher in the less healthy Omega-6s. Just as free-range poultry has become increasingly popular among health-conscious consumers, and some eggs higher in omega-3 fatty acids are being produced by changing the chicken feed or by letting chickens run free to eat grass and bugs that eat grass, there is at least one beef producer that is changing the fat content of its beef.
    Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats has moved away from grain-fed cattle, keeping them on the “range,” where they feed on grass. You might not realize what a significant change that could make in the fat content of beef, but Omega-3s in beef that feed on grass is 7% of the total fat content, compared to 1% in grain-only fed beef. Grain-fed beef can have an omega-6 to omega-3 ratio higher than 20:1, well exceeding the 4:1 ratio where health problems begin to show up because of the essential fatty acid imbalance. Slanker's beef has an omega-6 to omega-3 ratio of 1:1, the ratio science suggests is ideal for our diet.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    That term pulls up the website for Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats, which

This quote below seems to be the gist of what they are trying to sell you on:
    Yea I realized it was benificial for them to try and convince me otherwise but I've heard similar things before. Like I said I'm not taking it for fact, just trying to get any helpful opinions I can.

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Where are you hearing that grains are bad? Please tell us.

Originally Posted by ven33 View Post
    Where are you hearing that grains are bad? Please tell us.
    Well the website I already put. Plus thats pretty much the basis of the Paleo diet right?

Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol...so many commercials now are pushing "Whole Grains" and "Pro Biotic" based food for sliming down.
    Last edited by Motaba; 02-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    "REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM."

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Because the government in the US gives most money to grain farmers, this is are cash crop and source of cheapest foods, so they will advocate us that we should eat grains as a great portion of our daily meals, yet truly this is not a part of balanced diet, and when you have an unbalanced diet you create problems

Originally Posted by Motaba View Post
    Lol...so many commercials now are pushing "Whole Grains" and "Pro Biotic" based food for sliming down.
    Commercials also say xenadrine will make you look like Ronnie from the Jersey Shore

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ddc44ever View Post
    Well the website I already put. Plus thats pretty much the basis of the Paleo diet right?
    The Paleo diet is an unsubstantiated fad. There have been plenty of Paleo discussions/debates on this forum, and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM has ended in the Paleo side getting exposed for its unscientific ideology. Feel free to do a search. Those who rally in favor of the Paleo diet are running on not much more than hopes, dreams, & hype. Grains are perfectly fine if you can digestively tolerate them (which most of the world's population can).

SteakIsAwesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteakIsAwesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteakIsAwesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteakIsAwesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteakIsAwesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteakIsAwesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Grains are fine as long as they don't make up the whole of your diet. Grains don't have very many nutrients which is why in many cases they are fortified. Sailors used to eat diets of only sugars/grains and so they got scurvy. Also, grains/sugars tend to be the comfort people go for when they're bored/alone because they're cheap and very easily stored in a ready to eat state, and overeating leads to obesity. Of course, none of that means that there is anything inherently wrong with grains, but that explains why grains could be identified as the "cause" of health problems in various situations. Paleo seems to take such observations and take the conclusions to the opposite extreme. Grains are not a miracle health food the USDA seems to portray them as, nor are they the bane of human health that Paleo seems to portray them as.