Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arrow ITT: Misc TEA drinkers.... get in herrrr and learn us about tea

I'm slowly learning more and more and it seems a few cups of tea each day may be a good idea. I already drink coffee in the morning. But EGCG from green tea and the flavanoids in other teas seem like they could be a very good choice for something to drink during the day.

I'm learning a lot about this fascinating and potentially very healthy beverage/plant.

Anybody here a fan?

What is your favorite brands/flavors?

I've been drinking this a lot lately...

Think I'm going to switch to getting bulk tea leaves instead of pre-packaged ones in bags....seems like a true tea drinker wouldn't drink some shiit in a bag...but I could be wrong.

Anyone ever try rooibos or green rooibos or oolong? I've had black, green and white tea before... just getting into it now.

inb4 tea-bagging jokes..

Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10) Branomano is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My favorite Green Tea is from Teavana, the Gyokuro Imperial its expensive but it is incredible man.

trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rooibos tea is the ****. It's unreal how good that stuff is for you. Green tea is good but doesn't even come close to rooibos IMO. A mix of green tea/rooibos is the best if you're drinking for health reasons.

rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Branomano View Post
    My favorite Green Tea is from Teavana, the Gyokuro Imperial its expensive but it is incredible man.
    Will definitely check it out, thanks man! Whenever I'm in the mall I always stop by Teavana to get a sample, good stuff.

Read last night that the 3rd-5th infusion is usually the best... had no idea about any of this. People in China discard the first infusion and drink the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.. there is SO much to this plant!

Originally Posted by trollum View Post
    Rooibos tea is the ****. It's unreal how good that stuff is for you. Green tea is good but doesn't even come close to rooibos IMO. A mix of green tea/rooibos is the best if you're drinking for health reasons.
    Hell yea dude! Rooibos is FULL of antioxidants. What's your favorite brand??

Sometimes, when I drink tea, I feel like I'm running around naked in a pristine field of tea like in this picture below.

Real talk.

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    Green tea is amazing. i usually end up drinking a half gallon a day. lol

G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) G08208 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    inb4 Brits.

Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Costco's Kirkland green tea is a rebadge of a good Japanese green tea. Easy to drink and relatively cheap. I drink about 4-5 a day. Each bag in a 16oz glass. Gives me all daily fluid amount. When I am lazy to go to Costco, I get the Sams Club Bigelow tea, not as good, but it's still green tea.

Alternative green tea and black tea and you're good.

Ph.D in Broscience TestosteronePL's Avatar
    TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000) TestosteronePL is just really nice. (+1000)
    i drink water

just water

...oh and protein shakes
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

░░▄▄░▄███▄
    ▄▀▀▀▀░▄▄▄░▀▀▀▀▄ Misc
    █▒▒▒▒█░░░█▒▒▒▒█ Photography
    █▒▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒█ Crew
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

► 500+ give a link to one of your posts.

► May 28, 2008 = My first BB contest (Mr. Tech) → 3rd place in weight class.

► April 30, 2009 = My second BB contest (Mr. Tech) → 4th in Finals.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    anyone got any links to some top notch grade A ****?

Lotsa green tea fans on the misc.

Glad to see it!

Anyone ever make tea and then add in milk as you would with coffee?

I saw at starbucks they sell iced tea latte's and I thought that's probably pretty tasty... but apparently milk may detract from the potential health benefits of tea... thoughts?

11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 11tony11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anyone here drink camomile tea?
    i occasionally drink this b4 sleeping. wake up feeling refreshed as phuck, even with 5 hrs sleep.

at work i drink green and black tea, no milk no sugar.. at least one cup of each a day
    and only have coffee wen im desperately tired.

Originally Posted by AndreiT View Post
    anyone got any links to some top notch grade A ****?
    yeah, I'm currently on the market for some HIGH end legit tea... no fukkin lipton or anything. I want to know what's some good stuff to get... been looking at the republic of tea website and they have some loose tea leaves for sale...thinking about getting some white, green, black and rooibos. excited about this for some reason.

Originally Posted by 11tony11 View Post
    anyone here drink camomile tea?
    i occasionally drink this b4 sleeping. wake up feeling refreshed as phuck, even with 5 hrs sleep.

at work i drink green and black tea, no milk no sugar.. at least one cup of each a day
    and only have coffee wen im desperately tired.
    YES!! I love chamomile tea... if I can't sleep it really helps, unless i'm way too caffeinated. The flavor is awesome!!

Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deltrap has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rrbb View Post

Glad to see it!

I saw at starbucks they sell iced tea latte's and I thought that's probably pretty tasty... but apparently milk may detract from the potential health benefits of tea... thoughts?
    If it helps you to drink it in the first place, then it's still a win. Sometimes for flavor, I would add milk (almond) and honey.

hnnnngggg...let me go boil some water right now and prep the green tea.

Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000)
    I drink 4 servings of this brand every day. It's cheap as **** and tastes really good.

☆☆☆iNegUthenLol is a ******* ¢яєω☆☆☆

trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000) trollum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will definitely check it out, thanks man! Whenever I'm in the mall I always stop by Teavana to get a sample, good stuff.

Read last night that the 3rd-5th infusion is usually the best... had no idea about any of this. People in China discard the first infusion and drink the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.. there is SO much to this plant!

Hell yea dude! Rooibos is FULL of antioxidants. What's your favorite brand??
    The tick-tock organic rooibos brand is one the best IMO. Can't speak highly enough of rooibos, it's cured everything from insomnia to acne for me (srs) If you have acne try soaking a face cloth in hot rooibos tea and wash your face with it a couple of times a day. It's not even funny how well it works. The zinc and alpha hydroxy acid are easily absorbed by the skin.

Anyone ever drink Kombucha or Yerba Mate?

I drank Kombucha once...from wholefoods. Got a unique buzz from it... but was told it may not be 100% safe so I never drank it again.

I drank Yerba Mate once in Spanish class in high school. Also got a nice tingly warmth from it and a definite mood boost. Just recently bought some and am going to try it!

Originally Posted by trollum View Post
    The tick-tock organic rooibos brand is one the best IMO. Can't speak highly enough of rooibos, it's cured everything from insomnia to acne for me (srs) If you have acne try soaking a face cloth in hot rooibos tea and wash your face with it a couple of times a day. It's not even funny how well it works. The zinc and alpha hydroxy acid are easily absorbed by the skin.
    Repped for being aware of AHA... I have been using a moisturizer with AHA in it and it REALLY helped clear up my skin (face and back). Just read that rooibos has zinc & AHA in it and can also help clear up skin. How much do you drink a day? How long do you steep it for? Did you notice any skin improvements by simply drinking it or only by applying it topically?

UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UseDaFork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    'Cha' Is Chinese for tea. So yeah theres that.

SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) SuperHybrid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eurasian brah here, I drink so much tea. Got some pretty high quality leaves when I was in Beijing & HK two years ago visiting.
    Apparently it helps reduce water retention as it's got some diuretic properties? If you drink a lot you'll be pissing like a horse, so maybe it's not just broscience.

My fav right now is 普洱茶 (Pu Er, also called Po Lai)...

"Scientific studies report that consumption of pu'er tea leaves significantly suppressed the expression of fatty acid synthase (FAS) in the livers of rats; gains in body weight, levels of triacylglycerol, and total cholesterol were also suppressed.[33][34]. The compositions of chemical components found to have been responsible for these effects (catechins, caffeine, and theanine) varied dramatically between pu-erh, black, oolong, and green teas[33]."

It tastes amazing too so I'd be drinking it regardless. Also a BIG fan of Jasmine tea!

I'd say don't worry too much about getting high grades (some are seriously overpriced), just try and get something reasonable (a lot of the really cheap stuff isn't that great). Try matcha too XD

Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000) Danelectro is just really nice. (+1000)
    This one is another favorite of mine. I buy it at my local vitamin shoppe. The taste is awesome and the kava in it makes it really relaxing and it gives a great body feeling.

☆☆☆iNegUthenLol is a ******* ¢яєω☆☆☆

JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Glad to see it!

Try milk with it! I froth milk and then add it to peach Ceylon tea from coffee bean & tea leaf. Tastes so good! Also try it with chai tea. I wouldn't imagine that adding milk could take away health benefits
    Repping Metroins for life
    **TEAM REDRAIDER86**
    MMFC Crew
    ASOT Crew

Originally Posted by Deltrap View Post
    If it helps you to drink it in the first place, then it's still a win. Sometimes for flavor, I would add milk (almond) and honey.

hnnnngggg...let me go boil some water right now and prep the green tea.
    True! FUkkkk man, almond milk + tea sounds AWESOME. repped your angus for that idea. fukkk man, mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Originally Posted by JeannetteEmigh View Post
    Try milk with it! I froth milk and then add it to peach Ceylon tea from coffee bean & tea leaf. Tastes so good! Also try it with chai tea. I wouldn't imagine that adding milk could take away health benefits
    What do you use to froth the milk? How well does it work? I've been looking for something to make cappuccinos with...

Fuuuuuuu frothy milk + tea sounds good as hell!
    Last edited by rrbb; 02-19-2012 at 08:27 AM.

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Best with really buttery crumpets
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

Originally Posted by CatFunt View Post

Best with really buttery crumpets
    Damn, never seen that brand in the states.

How are you doing man?

blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Danelectro View Post
    This one is another favorite of mine. I buy it at my local vitamin shoppe. The taste is awesome and the kava in it makes it really relaxing and it gives a great body feeling.

I drink this before bed every night. Tastes like dessert.

OP, look into some tea from these guys:

They use high quality tea leaves and put it in a bag, so you get the convenience of a bag and the quality of loose leaf tea.
    Terribleness is part of greatness.

JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

What do you use to froth the milk? How well does it work? I've been looking for something to make cappuccinos with...

Fuuuuuuu frothy milk + tea sounds good as hell!

It works extremely well. Buy it at bed bath and beyond and use a 20% off coupon
    Repping Metroins for life
    **TEAM REDRAIDER86**
    MMFC Crew
    ASOT Crew

AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndreiT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah, I'm currently on the market for some HIGH end legit tea... no fukkin lipton or anything. I want to know what's some good stuff to get... been looking at the republic of tea website and they have some loose tea leaves for sale...thinking about getting some white, green, black and rooibos. excited about this for some reason.
    to add to that you have to brew your own because even as high end it might be aint nothing like brewing your own which is a different animal itself
    things I've learned from my fellow middle eastern people

Originally Posted by Danelectro View Post

Didn't they take some kava kava off the market because of liver damage claims? Be careful man!

forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forevercapone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by blip63 View Post
    I drink this before bed every night. Tastes like dessert.

OP, look into some tea from these guys:

They use high quality tea leaves and put it in a bag, so you get the convenience of a bag and the quality of loose leaf tea.
    ]

yea brah harney and sons was located in my home town, they make damn good tea

Originally Posted by JeannetteEmigh View Post

It works extremely well. Buy it at bed bath and beyond and use a 20% off coupon
    I have a whole bunch of BB&B coupons... thanks JE...repped.

Originally Posted by AndreiT View Post
    to add to that you have to brew your own because even as high end it might be aint nothing like brewing your own which is a different animal itself things I've learned from my fellow middle eastern people
    Yeah...i'm assuming brewing your own is leagues above throwing a tea bag in a cup of microwaved water...

Glad to see so much love for tea on here... wasn't sure if people were gonna think OP is on dat der ****gytime for loving tea TBH.