Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dave Palumbo Diet

I am thinking of trying this out, I have been cutting for 4 weeks now showing some good results of around 8-9lbs lost so far. I have lifted weights for a few years so I am very comfortable with the process. So I have a few questions, the 1-1.5g per lb of mass seems excessive for someone who says weighs 250lbs. Would 200g of protein be sufficient? What supplements are best used to prevent catabolism and to prevent being run down with the work outs? Also, my cardio consists of 15% incline, at around 5.5-6.0 kph, is the intensity to high for this keto type diet? Finally, cottage cheese can this be incorporated into the keto diet?

Thank you all in advance.
    Mike.

GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainGoal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't get it, are you changing your goal from cutting to something else? as if your going well on your current, why wouldn't you keep things the same?

Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukpredator2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GainGoal View Post
    I don't get it, are you changing your goal from cutting to something else? as if your going well on your current, why wouldn't you keep things the same?
    I'm still cutting, just want to try something new, that is all.

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ukpredator2011 View Post
    I am thinking of trying this out, I have been cutting for 4 weeks now showing some good results of around 8-9lbs lost so far. I have lifted weights for a few years so I am very comfortable with the process. So I have a few questions, the 1-1.5g per lb of mass seems excessive for someone who says weighs 250lbs. Would 200g of protein be sufficient? What supplements are best used to prevent catabolism and to prevent being run down with the work outs? Also, my cardio consists of 15% incline, at around 5.5-6.0 kph, is the intensity to high for this keto type diet? Finally, cottage cheese can this be incorporated into the keto diet?

Thank you all in advance.
    Mike.
    Would 200 grams be sufficient? Depends on your LBM. If your LBM is over 200, you may want to increase your intake to match whatever your LBM is. 1 gram is the absolute minimum. If you have room calorie wise, I would tell you to take in as much as you can while still keeping your macros in check. Supplements? Ummm...heavy weight training and sufficient protein intake? Seriously, people worry so much about muscle loss during a cut, and to be honest its a legit concern, however, its going to happen, somewhat, your job is to minimize it. The weight training and protein should help that. L-glutamine has been said to have muscle sparing effects, I take some post workout. Cardio? Don't sweat the cardio stuff about HR's and zones, and blah blah blah. Just set a time limit, get in there, get up a good sweat, and get off the machine. Increase the time if you need to for fat loss purposes, I would say start off with 20-30 minutes of cardio. Cottage cheese? It can be, but IMO I would avoid it.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching darr_fit@yahoo.com
    Like me on ********:https://www.********.com/darrfitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"

Originally Posted by and1_balla52 View Post
    Would 200 grams be sufficient? Depends on your LBM. If your LBM is over 200, you may want to increase your intake to match whatever your LBM is. 1 gram is the absolute minimum. If you have room calorie wise, I would tell you to take in as much as you can while still keeping your macros in check. Supplements? Ummm...heavy weight training and sufficient protein intake? Seriously, people worry so much about muscle loss during a cut, and to be honest its a legit concern, however, its going to happen, somewhat, your job is to minimize it. The weight training and protein should help that. L-glutamine has been said to have muscle sparing effects, I take some post workout. Cardio? Don't sweat the cardio stuff about HR's and zones, and blah blah blah. Just set a time limit, get in there, get up a good sweat, and get off the machine. Increase the time if you need to for fat loss purposes, I would say start off with 20-30 minutes of cardio. Cottage cheese? It can be, but IMO I would avoid it.
    Thank you for your reply.
    So, isolate protein is a must for a PWO shake and general protein intake?
    Also, to get out of ketosis does it have repercussions like instant weight gain? Just I have hard many people have this problem.
    Thanks again

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for your reply.
    So, isolate protein is a must for a PWO shake and general protein intake?
    Also, to get out of ketosis does it have repercussions like instant weight gain? Just I have hard many people have this problem.
    Thanks again
    Not exactly, just get your protein quota in for the day. Personally, post workout, I just eat a steak and 2 eggs. Instant weight gain? No, it's when carbs a re-incorporated into things, you may see some scale weight, not exactly fat-weight. It's because carbs force the body to hold water. I think its like a few ounces per gram. Not sure on the exact number, but its just water, if done correctly. Youll see people on here who gain like 10 pounds over the weekend for their carb load. Its just water.

Not exactly, just get your protein quota in for the day. Personally, post workout, I just eat a steak and 2 eggs. Instant weight gain? No, it's when carbs a re-incorporated into things, you may see some scale weight, not exactly fat-weight. It's because carbs force the body to hold water. I think its like a few ounces per gram. Not sure on the exact number, but its just water, if done correctly. Youll see people on here who gain like 10 pounds over the weekend for their carb load. Its just water.
    Okay I see thank you, do you recommend using isolate protein? I have seen a few people to say it is a must.
    Cheers

Okay I see thank you, do you recommend using isolate protein? I have seen a few people to say it is a must.
    Cheers
    Wouldnt call it a "must" but some people prefer to use whey+dextrose post workout, but, its all really just protein to me. If you want to get into all of the mumbo jumbo you can,but I prefer to keep it simple.

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read the Palumbo diet thread. Has all the info in it you need. It's a solid diet, just a different way to do Keto.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120904431
    "Just Get It Off"
    Fightin' Texas Aggie
    MFC
    RIP YGST

Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by |progress| View Post
    Read the Palumbo diet thread. Has all the info in it you need. It's a solid diet, just a different way to do Keto.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120904431
    This is the first keto diet I did and was very happy with the results. The link should answer most of your questions. Good luck!

Many thanks, had a read through seems a good diet to start of at, will modify to my preference. Cheers

sheepishwolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This just happened to me! Thanks for posting this.