Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User Ukpredator2011's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 22
    Posts: 121
    Rep Power: 4
    Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ukpredator2011 is offline

    Dave Palumbo Diet

    I am thinking of trying this out, I have been cutting for 4 weeks now showing some good results of around 8-9lbs lost so far. I have lifted weights for a few years so I am very comfortable with the process. So I have a few questions, the 1-1.5g per lb of mass seems excessive for someone who says weighs 250lbs. Would 200g of protein be sufficient? What supplements are best used to prevent catabolism and to prevent being run down with the work outs? Also, my cardio consists of 15% incline, at around 5.5-6.0 kph, is the intensity to high for this keto type diet? Finally, cottage cheese can this be incorporated into the keto diet?

    Thank you all in advance.
    Mike.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User GainGoal's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Age: 28
    Stats: 182 lbs
    Posts: 101
    Rep Power: 6
    GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GainGoal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit GainGoal's BodySpace
    GainGoal is offline
    I don't get it, are you changing your goal from cutting to something else? as if your going well on your current, why wouldn't you keep things the same?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Ukpredator2011's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 22
    Posts: 121
    Rep Power: 4
    Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ukpredator2011 is offline
    Originally Posted by GainGoal View Post
    I don't get it, are you changing your goal from cutting to something else? as if your going well on your current, why wouldn't you keep things the same?
    I'm still cutting, just want to try something new, that is all.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Former Fat-Ass and1_balla52's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Age: 27
    Stats: 6'4", 231 lbs
    Posts: 1,981
    BodyPoints: 1056
    Rep Power: 112
    and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit and1_balla52's BodySpace
    and1_balla52 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ukpredator2011 View Post
    I am thinking of trying this out, I have been cutting for 4 weeks now showing some good results of around 8-9lbs lost so far. I have lifted weights for a few years so I am very comfortable with the process. So I have a few questions, the 1-1.5g per lb of mass seems excessive for someone who says weighs 250lbs. Would 200g of protein be sufficient? What supplements are best used to prevent catabolism and to prevent being run down with the work outs? Also, my cardio consists of 15% incline, at around 5.5-6.0 kph, is the intensity to high for this keto type diet? Finally, cottage cheese can this be incorporated into the keto diet?

    Thank you all in advance.
    Mike.
    Would 200 grams be sufficient? Depends on your LBM. If your LBM is over 200, you may want to increase your intake to match whatever your LBM is. 1 gram is the absolute minimum. If you have room calorie wise, I would tell you to take in as much as you can while still keeping your macros in check. Supplements? Ummm...heavy weight training and sufficient protein intake? Seriously, people worry so much about muscle loss during a cut, and to be honest its a legit concern, however, its going to happen, somewhat, your job is to minimize it. The weight training and protein should help that. L-glutamine has been said to have muscle sparing effects, I take some post workout. Cardio? Don't sweat the cardio stuff about HR's and zones, and blah blah blah. Just set a time limit, get in there, get up a good sweat, and get off the machine. Increase the time if you need to for fat loss purposes, I would say start off with 20-30 minutes of cardio. Cottage cheese? It can be, but IMO I would avoid it.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching chilli_basketball33@yahoo.com
    Like me on Facebook:Darr Fitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Ukpredator2011's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 22
    Posts: 121
    Rep Power: 4
    Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ukpredator2011 is offline
    Originally Posted by and1_balla52 View Post
    Would 200 grams be sufficient? Depends on your LBM. If your LBM is over 200, you may want to increase your intake to match whatever your LBM is. 1 gram is the absolute minimum. If you have room calorie wise, I would tell you to take in as much as you can while still keeping your macros in check. Supplements? Ummm...heavy weight training and sufficient protein intake? Seriously, people worry so much about muscle loss during a cut, and to be honest its a legit concern, however, its going to happen, somewhat, your job is to minimize it. The weight training and protein should help that. L-glutamine has been said to have muscle sparing effects, I take some post workout. Cardio? Don't sweat the cardio stuff about HR's and zones, and blah blah blah. Just set a time limit, get in there, get up a good sweat, and get off the machine. Increase the time if you need to for fat loss purposes, I would say start off with 20-30 minutes of cardio. Cottage cheese? It can be, but IMO I would avoid it.
    Thank you for your reply.
    So, isolate protein is a must for a PWO shake and general protein intake?
    Also, to get out of ketosis does it have repercussions like instant weight gain? Just I have hard many people have this problem.
    Thanks again
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Former Fat-Ass and1_balla52's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Age: 27
    Stats: 6'4", 231 lbs
    Posts: 1,981
    BodyPoints: 1056
    Rep Power: 112
    and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit and1_balla52's BodySpace
    and1_balla52 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ukpredator2011 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.
    So, isolate protein is a must for a PWO shake and general protein intake?
    Also, to get out of ketosis does it have repercussions like instant weight gain? Just I have hard many people have this problem.
    Thanks again
    Not exactly, just get your protein quota in for the day. Personally, post workout, I just eat a steak and 2 eggs. Instant weight gain? No, it's when carbs a re-incorporated into things, you may see some scale weight, not exactly fat-weight. It's because carbs force the body to hold water. I think its like a few ounces per gram. Not sure on the exact number, but its just water, if done correctly. Youll see people on here who gain like 10 pounds over the weekend for their carb load. Its just water.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching chilli_basketball33@yahoo.com
    Like me on Facebook:Darr Fitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User Ukpredator2011's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 22
    Posts: 121
    Rep Power: 4
    Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ukpredator2011 is offline
    Originally Posted by and1_balla52 View Post
    Not exactly, just get your protein quota in for the day. Personally, post workout, I just eat a steak and 2 eggs. Instant weight gain? No, it's when carbs a re-incorporated into things, you may see some scale weight, not exactly fat-weight. It's because carbs force the body to hold water. I think its like a few ounces per gram. Not sure on the exact number, but its just water, if done correctly. Youll see people on here who gain like 10 pounds over the weekend for their carb load. Its just water.
    Okay I see thank you, do you recommend using isolate protein? I have seen a few people to say it is a must.
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Former Fat-Ass and1_balla52's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Age: 27
    Stats: 6'4", 231 lbs
    Posts: 1,981
    BodyPoints: 1056
    Rep Power: 112
    and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) and1_balla52 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit and1_balla52's BodySpace
    and1_balla52 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ukpredator2011 View Post
    Okay I see thank you, do you recommend using isolate protein? I have seen a few people to say it is a must.
    Cheers
    Wouldnt call it a "must" but some people prefer to use whey+dextrose post workout, but, its all really just protein to me. If you want to get into all of the mumbo jumbo you can,but I prefer to keep it simple.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching chilli_basketball33@yahoo.com
    Like me on Facebook:Darr Fitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User |progress|'s Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Texas, United States
    Stats: 6'1", 324 lbs
    Posts: 3,254
    Rep Power: 2878
    |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) |progress| has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit |progress|'s BodySpace
    |progress| is offline
    Read the Palumbo diet thread. Has all the info in it you need. It's a solid diet, just a different way to do Keto.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120904431
    "Just Get It Off"
    Fightin' Texas Aggie
    MFC
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User Bubbarossa's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Stats: 6'1", 195 lbs
    Posts: 564
    BodyPoints: 1810
    Rep Power: 39
    Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bubbarossa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Bubbarossa's BodySpace
    Bubbarossa is offline
    Originally Posted by |progress| View Post
    Read the Palumbo diet thread. Has all the info in it you need. It's a solid diet, just a different way to do Keto.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120904431
    This is the first keto diet I did and was very happy with the results. The link should answer most of your questions. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Ukpredator2011's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 22
    Posts: 121
    Rep Power: 4
    Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ukpredator2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ukpredator2011 is offline
    Many thanks, had a read through seems a good diet to start of at, will modify to my preference. Cheers
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User sheepishwolf's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 29
    Stats: 5'4", 146 lbs
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    sheepishwolf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sheepishwolf's BodySpace
    sheepishwolf is offline
    Originally Posted by and1_balla52 View Post
    Not exactly, just get your protein quota in for the day. Personally, post workout, I just eat a steak and 2 eggs. Instant weight gain? No, it's when carbs a re-incorporated into things, you may see some scale weight, not exactly fat-weight. It's because carbs force the body to hold water. I think its like a few ounces per gram. Not sure on the exact number, but its just water, if done correctly. Youll see people on here who gain like 10 pounds over the weekend for their carb load. Its just water.
    This just happened to me! Thanks for posting this.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Dave Palumbo Diet
    By Ukpredator2011 in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 07:56 AM
  2. Difference of Keto Diet and Dave Palumbo Diet?
    By Green_Machine in forum Keto
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 05:40 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 07:26 PM
  4. **** Dave Palumbo Diet ****
    By Joelsopher in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 06:45 PM
  5. Question About The Dave Palumbo Diet- Please Help Cannot Sleep Over This
    By thedoctorhero in forum IFBB Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 02:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout