Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dextrose

kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dextrose

hi guys iam in doubt about this supplement could you guys explain me better about dextrose?

why do you take that or why you dont take?

dextrose is useless?

thanks

kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    since noone was replied anyway, looks like the answer is made, noone gives a s.h.i.t. to dextrose lol

thanks guys

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    some people use it some people dont. its unesessary and empty carbs imo
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000) PaleVein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unless your using it to fight off hypoglycemia, it's pretty useless.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Useless? No. Unnecessary? Well that depends on your training program. In many instances, post workout carbs are unnecessary. If you want carbs because you need to get the calories in or whatever, dextrose can be equivalently replaced with pretty much any carb source of your liking like pasta or cereal.

Registered User HvyWeightAddict's Avatar
    HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kingnino View Post
    hi guys iam in doubt about this supplement could you guys explain me better about dextrose?

why do you take that or why you dont take?

dextrose is useless?

thanks

I am no expert but it is very usefull! Dextrose is just a simple sugar fast acting carb, not a bad sugar. Take it with your post workout shake and it will help instantly cause an insulin spike whicj will help your muscles soak up nutrients, grow and repair etc. If you were on a contest cut i'm sure you prob wouldnt use it but other then that it is very cheap and a great product to take post workout and i even take it some mornings.

Also i thought i read someone said you dont need post workout carbs.. thats crazy!!! You def need them. Hope this helps
    Bench - 355lbs for 10 reps

Front Squat - 315lbs for 8 reps

Deadlift - 405lbs for 10 reps

unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000)
    I prefer waxy maize, and just use it intra w/o. The whole using "fast carbs" post is BS.
    AI Testopro/Massularia/Glycobol starts 1/1/2016

Sponsored CL Purple Wrath Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146239613

Gaspari Glycofuse Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148270853&p=950973003#post950973003

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you cant or don't have time to eat post wo, dextrose whey can prove to be helpful. personally it makes me bloated. milk and a banana will do the same thing.

HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HvyWeightAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unccwrestler View Post
    I prefer waxy maize, and just use it intra w/o. The whole using "fast carbs" post is BS.
    Using waxy maize or carbo gain are both great but, if you throw some dextrose in there now you have the best of all worlds for your post workout shake, and fast carbs, simple sugars post workout are very very very needed NO BS, Imo of course but what do i know

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HvyWeightAddict View Post
    I am no expert but it is very usefull! Dextrose is just a simple sugar fast acting carb, not a bad sugar. Take it with your post workout shake and it will help instantly cause an insulin spike whicj will help your muscles soak up nutrients, grow and repair etc. If you were on a contest cut i'm sure you prob wouldnt use it but other then that it is very cheap and a great product to take post workout and i even take it some mornings.

Also i thought i read someone said you dont need post workout carbs.. thats crazy!!! You def need them. Hope this helps
    Unless you're a triathlete or you have another workout session in the same day, you don't have to worry about carbs or replenishing your glycogen ASAP.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21131864

25g whey vs 25g whey + 50g carbs = the same muscle protein synthesis PWO

One workout will also not deplete your glycogen.

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/...R-Jan-2008.pdf

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Using waxy maize or carbo gain are both great but, if you throw some dextrose in there now you have the best of all worlds for your post workout shake, and fast carbs, simple sugars post workout are very very very needed NO BS, Imo of course but what do i know
    It's 2012, no need to spike insulinzzzz for anything bro.

Wow guys I am totally surprised that everyone is sayin no to carbs post work out in every way!! This goes against every post workout written, goes against almost what every pro bodybuilder says, I just don't understand why you would say you don't need carbs. If your tryin to bulk you need carbs!!!! In the morning and def post workout!! HOw you guys are sayin I'm wrong Ihave no idea. LIsten to anything yates says about post workout. Look its not just my opinion, but I'm just tryin to help, I know I'm 5'8 232 today with my lifts posted, that's taking nothing but protein shakes, vitamins, dextrose, and a lot of chicken steak eggs and oatmeal, but hey what the hell do I know right :P

ALways just tryin to help

Yes we should disregard science and just listen to the big bros @the gym.

Originally Posted by Ninetysix View Post
    Yes we should disregard science and just listen to the big bros @the gym.
    Science articles, pro's, trainers, health and fitness articles and meal plans all suggest carbs post and fast acting carbs. Every workout plan for mass and size says you need more carbs then protein even, so why is this sounds so wrong to You guys??? Tryin to help, I seriously urge you to do this and see if you don't get better results.

Link me the science articles that wasn't performed on fasted individuals. Did you read the .pdf article I linked? It'll be an eye opener for you.
    Last edited by Ninetysix; 02-18-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Link me the science articles that wasn't performed on fasted individuals. Did you read the .pdf article I linked? It'll be an eye opener for you.
    Honestly I'll have to learn how to link stuff first lol new to this and on my phone now. I really do like having a debate about this cause I like to learn as much as I can from all different views and then compile all the information from all sides ya know, I'm very open. So I'll try to see howyou link something then I will. But for now, I really urge you to switch up what you do now, and try adding some post workout carbs and see if it doesn't help you. Mine is two scoop's protein so 50 grams about, with one scoop glutamine bout 5 grams or more, 4 table spoons dextrose ( that's now brand) It's about 50 grams, and a half cup of oatmeal.
    Hey you never know if you don't try.

Glutamine? It's 2012 bro.... Get with the times

wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i'll use it pwo if bulking, otherwise no

Glutamine? It's 2012 bro.... Get with the times
    Really?? Could you please enlighten me on what you take and what is best then. Let's just say post workout shake?

And to the other guy that said he would take only in bulking, I agree for sure, would def make changes if in a contest prep

th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Really?? Could you please enlighten me on what you take and what is best then. Let's just say post workout shake?

And to the other guy that said he would take only in bulking, I agree for sure, would def make changes if in a contest prep
    Lol
    iForce Nutrition Fan

iam taking 2 scoops of dark matter as post PWO, then in around 1 hour i have a meal + 2 scoops of carnivor protein shake.

and yes iam on bulk, should i add dextrose on my diet?

thanks.

demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50) demesjos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I prefer to eat food instead of wasting money on dextrose.
    Current Stack

Slin Sane
    PM reduction
    White Flood + Hemavol (beast mode pump)
    Xtend
    Monster Green Magnitude
    Intrabolic
    Trutein PBC
    Bioforge + Triazole + DAA
    E/C + Lean Extreme

Originally Posted by kingnino View Post
    iam taking 2 scoops of dark matter as post PWO, then in around 1 hour i have a meal + 2 scoops of carnivor protein shake.

and yes iam on bulk, should i add dextrose on my diet?

thanks.
    It has zero benefits unless you can't hit your carb macros for the day. I'm sure you have other sources of carbs..yes?

StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you're a triathlete or you have another workout session in the same day, you don't have to worry about carbs or replenishing your glycogen ASAP.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21131864

25g whey vs 25g whey + 50g carbs = the same muscle protein synthesis PWO

One workout will also not deplete your glycogen.

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/...R-Jan-2008.pdf
    This. At least someone knows what they are talking about. Damn.
    **New Jersey Crew 973**

StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50) StimDick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by demesjos View Post
    I prefer to eat food instead of wasting money on dextrose.
    It wouldnt be wasting money if you use it as a carb source to hit your macros for the day. Assuming you also use other carb sources.
    **New Jersey Crew 973**

ALways cracks me up when little guys try to tell you the proper way to "bulk" or how to eat to "bulk" Lol :-P

ALways cracks me up when little guys try to tell you the proper way to "bulk" or how to eat to "bulk" Lol :-P
    So size = knowledge?
    **New Jersey Crew 973**

The only ones laughing here is us bro. Keep on using your dextrose and glutamine though.

Originally Posted by StimDick View Post
    So size = knowledge?
    Not sayin that, but I am just tryin to help by giving my opinion on not only what I have read and learned but also what I have tried and what I do and what works for me.

NOt just read some article and base my whole belief off that.

Not sayin that, but I am just tryin to help by giving my opinion on not only what I have read and learned but also what I have tried and what I do and what works for me.

NOt just read some article and base my whole belief off that.
    It's not "just some article" it's science. Should we believe you or science? Did you see ANYONE here at all agree with you about dextrose or are you all alone on your stance.