OverCome724 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique my entire training...took alot of time...please help!

Heres my 5 day split ive been running. Let me start off by saying THIS....

~~Its alot of volume, but it has made me grow and ive been training this way for a while strength has been increasing, until now.

~~I never feel like some thing are enough EXAMPLE!-Doing rear delt flyes, doing only 1 exercise for my rear delts, feels useless and not good enough. So I usually do DB Flyes (rear delt flyes) and then I do machine rear delt flyes...Just to hit them good. Anywayyyy

~~I was confronted in the gym by an old head (no disrespect he knows his stuff) and in a nutshell said only do 12 working sets per muscle group. I told him i do 4 sets on my shoulder flyes and he got a laugh out of it. ( I didnt think it was funny) He kind of wrote me off, with a shake of his head acting like I do way to much.

~I usually do 4 sets on everything, on the main compound movements anywhere from 4-10..On the isolation I do 6-8...FOR THE MOST PART...I usually just try to train heavy to get muscle to grow. But sometimes when i go to heavy I can perform the movement, and get the 3,4, or 5 reps but i dont feel it in the muscle as much. ANYWAYYY...

~~~OTHER QUESTIONS....my leg day has alot of deadlifting, one for lower back and hamis, and the other just a normal deadlift....IM SURE all of yal can take a look and help me point out some MAJOR issues with this...I really appreciate the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEST & abs & cardio
    -bench
    -incline
    -decline
    -db flyes
    -cable flyes
    -scoops
    -abs
    -cardio

BACK & cardio
    -barbell rows
    -dumbbell rows
    -upright rows
    -lat pull down
    -back flyes
    -straight arm lower lat press down
    -cardio

LEGS & CARDIO & LOWER BACK
    -squats
    -deadlifts
    -legpress
    -goodmornings
    -calve raises
    -lunges,
    -stiff leg dead lifts

ARMS & CARDIO
    -alternating dumbell curls
    -close grip bench
    -ez bar curls
    -dips
    -isolating curl
    -tricep push down
    -skull crushers (or something else for triceps)

SHOULDERS & TRAPS & ABS & CARDIO
    -standing barbell press
    -arnold press/normal dumbell press
    -shoulder flyes
    -rear delt flyes
    -front dumbell raises
    -bb shrugs
    -machine shrugs

Thats basically my 5 day split..monday-friday, in that order....The cardio was another question but i really like doing it after, im seeing results after a week. I DONT KNOW IF ITS IN MY HEAD THO :/...

PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER POSTS,MORE IMPORTANTLY I POSTED MY WHOLE ENTIRE DIET ON HERE SO PLEASE CHECK THAT POST OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!!!

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OverCome724 View Post
    ~~I was confronted in the gym by an old head (no disrespect he knows his stuff) and in a nutshell said only do 12 working sets per muscle group. I told him i do 4 sets on my shoulder flyes and he got a laugh out of it. ( I didnt think it was funny) He kind of wrote me off, with a shake of his head acting like I do way to much.
    He is right. That's a sh*tload of stuff.

What are you trying to do? What are your goals?

Originally Posted by Jax05 View Post
    He is right. That's a sh*tload of stuff.

What are you trying to do? What are your goals?
    Im Trying to become a bodybuilder more or less. My goals are build muscle and strength/size...without to much fat.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You mentioned more than once that it was working for you. I assume that you are tracking your stats (weight lifted, body weight, measurements of arms, etc...). Are you getting results? People at the gym can laugh at you all day but if it works for you, then I'm not sure what you expect to get out of this thread (before you answer think about my primary question: are you getting results?)

hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP,

Your weight is 225 and your height is 5'10". Why are you trying to bulk? You look like one of those guys that would look extremely ripped(and still huge) if you just focused on cutting to ~10-13% bf. If I had your physique, I would definitely focus on cutting ONLY and not even worry about all those fancy shmancy exercises.

Cabranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cabranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cabranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cabranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This. I would say less volume would be better, but my theory is if something is working then there is no reason to try to fix it. Keep doing what you're doing. My only critique is that you would need to eat a lot of food and calories to recover from all of that, which is pretty much a bulk. As stated, you would probably benefit from cutting more, which would use less volume. Kris Gethin's daily video trainer is a great program for cutting if you're looking for somewhere to start.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    You mentioned more than once that it was working for you. I assume that you are tracking your stats (weight lifted, body weight, measurements of arms, etc...). Are you getting results? People at the gym can laugh at you all day but if it works for you, then I'm not sure what you expect to get out of this thread (before you answer think about my primary question: are you getting results?)
    great reply man, thanks alot for your time! When i think about if im getting results in a way yes, and in a way no. Sometimes i feel like i should be getting more strength and more size. I trained all my life but never took it serious, yano i was young we'd jus go in and do bench and try to max (little kid stuff). Eventually my senior year of football some things came up and i "quit". Anyway last November i started training...5 day split, basically exactly like this, give or take a little. I was 155lbs once again give or take. benching 135 for about 10 and maybe a max of 185....A year and like 4 5 or 6 months later (now)...I can do 205 for 10. 215 for 8. 225 the most i ever did was 7...And basically all my exercises went up significantly like this. Some not as much. Anyway i now weight 225 (check my profile pic) I bulked up quite a bit. Now my shoulder dumbell press has been stuck at the same weight for a while my bench and everything else basically came to a hault. So im re writing it all down on paper so i can progress...so im trying to get a good split in tact here...Personally as much as i wanna bite my tongue i thing progress has came to a hault. And i always find myself frustrated asking why why whyyyyy cant i grow or get stronger...

Originally Posted by hoffmanxtreme View Post
    OP,

Your weight is 225 and your height is 5'10". Why are you trying to bulk? You look like one of those guys that would look extremely ripped(and still huge) if you just focused on cutting to ~10-13% bf. If I had your physique, I would definitely focus on cutting ONLY and not even worry about all those fancy shmancy exercises.
    Ey bro thanks alot, i appreciate the compliment...you look good yourself cuz just keep it up consistency man and progression is key....But im not really trying to bulk anymore...im not to good at cutting haha..i posted my diet a complete log of it...maybe if i make some adjustments in there it will create a caloric deficit..i do want to be more CUT but i want the strength and size also...BF is def to high right now...

Originally Posted by Cabranch View Post
    This. I would say less volume would be better, but my theory is if something is working then there is no reason to try to fix it. Keep doing what you're doing. My only critique is that you would need to eat a lot of food and calories to recover from all of that, which is pretty much a bulk. As stated, you would probably benefit from cutting more, which would use less volume. Kris Gethin's daily video trainer is a great program for cutting if you're looking for somewhere to start.
    I posted my diet on here, complete log of everything...maybe if i just cut out some thing and took some volume out of my training with cardio still involved, maybe that would be enough?

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    great reply man, thanks alot for your time! When i think about if im getting results in a way yes, and in a way no. Sometimes i feel like i should be getting more strength and more size. I trained all my life but never took it serious, yano i was young we'd jus go in and do bench and try to max (little kid stuff). Eventually my senior year of football some things came up and i "quit". Anyway last November i started training...5 day split, basically exactly like this, give or take a little. I was 155lbs once again give or take. benching 135 for about 10 and maybe a max of 185....A year and like 4 5 or 6 months later (now)...I can do 205 for 10. 215 for 8. 225 the most i ever did was 7...And basically all my exercises went up significantly like this. Some not as much. Anyway i now weight 225 (check my profile pic) I bulked up quite a bit. Now my shoulder dumbell press has been stuck at the same weight for a while my bench and everything else basically came to a hault. So im re writing it all down on paper so i can progress...so im trying to get a good split in tact here...Personally as much as i wanna bite my tongue i thing progress has came to a hault. And i always find myself frustrated asking why why whyyyyy cant i grow or get stronger...
    Everyone stalls at some point. Sometimes it's the routine/diet but other times you just reach a point where linear progress becomes harder and harder to obtain. At that point people usually switch to a dual periodization routine. Instead of looking at one workout session at a time, you look at a week or a 5 week cycle as a block. This usually involves heavy days followed by light days or one week at 5 reps and another week at 10 reps. Single periodization guys scream "go to failure! go hard! don't waste a workout!". Dual periodization utilizes multiple workouts as a means to track progress.
    Sounds like this might be where you are at now. Might be worth a look.

CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In the end, its not about what you think should work, or what you like doing, its about what actually works.
    If your current routine works, do not change it. I mean, you want a routine that works, and you have one.... So stick with it.

If what you are doing does not work (even if it once did but has now stopped), then do something different. Don't think about all the results you got from your current program once upon a time ago, and use that to justify keeping it up after it has stopped working. Just realize that your body requires something different now, and give it something different.

Just keep it simple bro. I hope it all works out for you.
    Best lifts at the end of 2011

Squat: 585x2
    Bench: 451
    Deadlift: 610
    Bodyweight: 202

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in a year and half...your bench went up 70lbs....your body weight went up 70lbs.

your routine is NOT working. With that kind of body weight increase, you should have made more strength gains for a basically beginner level

So what should i do?...I think maybe i am training with way to much volume...I dont know what else to do...Like my mind just went blank i have no idea on what to do. Im going to continue this 5 day split but with lex volume. Im gonna keep track of everything and do 3 working sets per exercise and do about 3-5 exercises...Progress has deffinatly stopped...But damn I didnt think the gain were that bad, but for my weight i deffinatly agree i should be doing more...