Registered User Amphetaminesify's Avatar
    Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rugby playing Tmiscers gtfo in here

I Kinda got drafted onto the rugby team at my high school, no positions assigned yet and im just learning the sport any tips so i don't get my **** royally ****ed IN THE ANGUS?

tips in general

my stats...

Deadlift:275x6
    Bench:155x8
    Squat:205x8(parallel)
    Touch with emotion. Love with condition.
    See with compassion. Smile with action.

Stay safe

Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    don't throw "suicide passes" to your team mates which means don't throw the ball right up in the dayum air so they have to look up then get demolished and hate you.

get low and when you go in to tackle keep your ahead AWAY from the momentum their legs are moving in so you don't get kneed in the head and knocked the **** out

don't try to be the hero and end up losing the ball, go down when you have to your bros will be there for you

keep your head up cheeky ****ers will come at you from all sorts of directions

im sure you'll have fun its a pretty crazy sport, i played wing cause im not the biggest guy but im really fast and got about 7 tries last year

Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500) Geno0 is not very helpful. (-500)
    never slow down

Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amphetaminesify will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gongshows View Post
    don't throw "suicide passes" to your team mates which means don't throw the ball right up in the dayum air so they have to look up then get demolished and hate you.

get low and when you go in to tackle keep your ahead AWAY from the momentum their legs are moving in so you don't get kneed in the head and knocked the **** out

don't try to be the hero and end up losing the ball, go down when you have to your bros will be there for you

keep your head up cheeky ****ers will come at you from all sorts of directions

im sure you'll have fun its a pretty crazy sport, i played wing cause im not the biggest guy but im really fast and got about 7 tries last year
    Thanks plenty will rep on r/c remind me

Stay safe

Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gongshows has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Amphetaminesify View Post
    Thanks plenty will rep on r/c remind me
    i see you're from oshawa, you a senior in HS?

our teams going to this tourny ajax/pickering this year in a few months and staying the night you know if your team is headed there as well?

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would assume they will run some drills so you can learn to tackle.

@ OPs point to when to go down , dont do this , if your not held in the tackle get your lazy ass up and keep going .

learn how to clean out a ruck , if you can do this you will get on any team .

Learn to pass in both directions .

always attack inside shoulder , use the touchline as a teamate .

Dont ball watch .

Watch your pillars and posts .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

Originally Posted by Gongshows View Post
    i see you're from oshawa, you a senior in HS?

our teams going to this tourny ajax/pickering this year in a few months and staying the night you know if your team is headed there as well?
    Ah no, we are going to kingston or ottawa this year, good luck though

edit: yeah im a snr last year of highschool...woot

Stay safe

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Always get low and drive up with your legs when you are tackling
    Get low in rucks and never over commit. eg. If they send 2 players into a ruck, your team should only send 2-3 people in to take out each threat
    If youre a foward, get low in the scrums and keep your back straight

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IPlayRugby View Post
    Always get low and drive up with your legs when you are tackling
    Get low in rucks and never over commit. eg. If they send 2 players into a ruck, your team should only send 2-3 people in to take out each threat
    If youre a foward, get low in the scrums and keep your back straight
    what about counter rucking ?

Low in the scrum yes but back straight only applies to the first 5 , back rows are basically big backs .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10) horan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depending on the size, strength and speed of your team i would guess you would either be a 8, flanker or like a centre or something if you can kick or if you're any good at reading the play. Possibly a winger if you're fast.

- Don't half ass anything
    - If there's a penalty called against your team ask the referee to explain what the call is for if you're confused
    - When you're in the ruck it's easy to be overwhelmed and try to go for a bunch of players at once, just focus on one player
    - Lowest always wins
    "There is no such thing as staying the same. You are either striving to make yourself better or allowing yourself to get worse."

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Icons93 View Post

Low in the scrum yes but back straight only applies to the first 5 , back rows are basically big backs .
    Those are just the basic points, most teams only try counter rucking when they know that they can, and dont really know what position he is but flankers and 8 should have their back pretty straight. Thats what we were taught at rep trainings

Originally Posted by horan View Post
    Depending on the size, strength and speed of your team i would guess you would either be a 8, flanker or like a centre or something if you can kick or if you're any good at reading the play. Possibly a winger if you're fast.

- If there's a penalty called against your team ask the referee to explain what the call is for if you're confused
    - When you're in the ruck it's easy to be overwhelmed and try to go for a bunch of players at once, just focus on one player
    - Lowest always wins
    Depending on the ref you might want to get your captain to ask the ref, cause some refs hate players asking unless its the captain

back rows dont need to be straight unless you want to make ground with it , all back rows need to do is stay bound , and open side flanker should protect scrum half when put in

Refs in rugby are ****s , so much inconsistency .

back rows dont need to be straight unless you want to make ground with it , all back rows need to do is stay bound , and open side flanker should protect scrum half when put in
    Well yea, sorta depends on what youre trying to do in the scrums. eg. make ground, set up a move, counter etc.
    But yea flankers should be able to quickly unbind from scrums to get the opposition 1st 5.

Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000)

cool to see an irish guy in here, im going on a rugby tour with my highschool team as we do every 3 years over to the UK visiting ireland as one of the 4 countries. gonna be there for 4 days i think.

hard work and consistency weRise's Avatar
    weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't worry about size or strength bro, honestly in high school rugby its not the biggest factor. i started this time last year and my lifts were far inferior to yours. i played okay, not the greatest, but that's only because i'm not the most athletic guy around. i played for toronto scottish over the summer, and now i'm improved a lot. our lifts are very similar and in my high school team, i'm one of the better off guys. even then, heart and determination matter so much more than size.

just keep at it, work as hard as you can and do your best. i play hooker and i'm expected to be short but muscular. i went to the gym with one of my props today (they're supposed to be REALLY BIG DUDES), and i almost doubled all his lifts. size ain't a thing bro.

btw what school do you go to?

Originally Posted by horan View Post

- Lowest always wins
    I cannot kick for ****, im a faster runner though negro genetics lul

Originally Posted by weRise View Post
    don't worry about size or strength bro, honestly in high school rugby its not the biggest factor. i started this time last year and my lifts were far inferior to yours. i played okay, not the greatest, but that's only because i'm not the most athletic guy around. i played for toronto scottish over the summer, and now i'm improved a lot. our lifts are very similar and in my high school team, i'm one of the better off guys. even then, heart and determination matter so much more than size.
    btw what school do you go to?

Good to know man thanks new to this game and just don't want any career ending hits, I'm at eastdale used to attend north toronto though

Stay safe

hard work and consistency weRise's Avatar
    weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50) weRise will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good to know man thanks new to this game and just don't want any career ending hits, I'm at eastdale used to attend north toronto though
    i don't think you'll get any career ending hits.. i haven't seen any yet and i've played almost for a full year. not at our level atleast.
    oh true north toronto?! we played you guys in 7s this fall. i go to r h king

T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Listen, learn, and run as low and powerful as possible.

Originally Posted by weRise View Post
    i don't think you'll get any career ending hits.. i haven't seen any yet and i've played almost for a full year. not at our level atleast.
    oh true north toronto?! we played you guys in 7s this fall. i go to r h king
    A dude we vsed got tackled and had a seizure, but was all good after a while. Not a career ending hit tho.

Do you know what position your playing?
    I reckon youd be a flanker, or center or wing

IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Geno0 View Post
    never slow down
    No don't do this. If you get far past your teammates and you don't have a good chance of scoring, slow the fuk down or you will lose possession.

From my experience:
    Keep your hands out of the rucks and don't be a pussy hitting rucks. You're pretty small but you will most likely be in the pac as a second row because of your height. This means you will be hitting many rucks. Hit em low, strait on, and hard, don't hesitate before you hit rucks.

Learn how to play the game! This is the most important thing. At first you're gonna have so many penalties. If I were you I'd look up the rules to rugby so you have some basic knowledge.

Run, run, and run more. The endurance you need is insane. You are constantly sprinting, hitting rucks, tackling people, passing the ball, etc.... Its extremely tiring. If your team plays a kicking game you need to be in better shape than the other team.

Communication is huge. Talk to your teammates the whole time on the field. Call out everything, pillar/post, loss of ball, etc..

Overall have fun man. Rugby is one of the most physically demanding and fun sport you will ever play. Good luck

Oh one more thing. The backline are a bunch of pussies compared to the Pac. If you are in the pac you will see why.
    Last edited by IRockNikes; 02-18-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Practice passing a lot. Learn how to off load. Train poriferal vision.

Do lots of heavy lifting and explosive work. Seriously, get someone to teach you to snatch and power clean. Do box jumps regularly.

Sprint training every week.

Learn to take a hit, be a ****ing aggressive animal. And get used to getting hit hard and having to get right back up again fast.

Other than that just learn how to exploit the rules to your advantage and you'll do just fine.

Oh and be a team player.

^listen to everything the guy above me said as well. That's some great advice.
    Best lifts to date/goals by July 2013 (ALL RAW)

Squat: 200kgx1 /200kgx1 (goal achieved)
    Bench: 120kgx1 / 130kgx1, 102.5kgx15
    Deadlift: 235kg x 1/ 240kgx1
    OHP: 80kg x1/ 90kgx1

Over All Goal - Elite wilks total in the open age group
    **Registered volume addict**
    **SCARED OF IPF JUDGES CREW**

TWITTER: @The_Lifting_Doc
    YOUTUBE: TheNumber2Jersey (videos of my lifts can all be found here)

zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarbrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't throw yourself at people, learn to tackle or you'll get royally ****ed up. and get headgear. I've destroyed my eardrums playing rugby without it

DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadLift100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when you get tackled make sure you get the ball back to your teams side and protect your head..the studs on the boots can be right vicious

dont go in the side of a ruck

dont run sideways , forwards. always.

if you're gonna get destroyed offload the ball but look before you pass. dont just throw it into space.

dont argue with the ref. ever.
    it's the journey not the destination that counts

I can change how I look , Which changes how I feel , Which chenges how I carry myself , which changes how others see me , which changes how I see myself.

RIP Zyzz , alway my inspiration

Power Level : 10733
    KAIO KEN!!

- super saiyan crew-
    [300 spartan crew][helot]

Come to NZ and play with the big maoris and youll be sweet wherever you play. They probably wont be as aggressive as the maoris here, so itll seem easier for you.

crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000) crazed31 is just really nice. (+1000)
    when you're in a ruck pushing the other team step on the other guys with your cleats, hurt and scare them. make sure the ref doesn't see. if they attack you back don't do anything just block, get them a penalty

(srs)

mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crazed31 View Post
    when you're in a ruck pushing the other team step on the other guys with your cleats, hurt and scare them. make sure the ref doesn't see. if they attack you back don't do anything just block, get them a penalty

(srs)
    Couldn't think of worse advice. You sir, are the kind of people that give rugby a bad name
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆