Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Malphas99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lost all sense of motivation to ever go gym again...

ive tried so hard to put on mass, i was happy, started to cut last month...cut isnt working at all...my diet isnt that good apparently. Its just been one bad thing after another and im tired of failing...all i wanted to do is achieve one of my goals in life and have a great summer with my friends when we go away on holiday. My bulk apparently wasnt that much of a gain, ive got some but not alot. Ive lost all sense of hope ill ever ****ing get what i need.

Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Malphas99 View Post
    ive tried so hard to put on mass, i was happy, started to cut last month...cut isnt working at all...my diet isnt that good apparently. Its just been one bad thing after another and im tired of failing...all i wanted to do is achieve one of my goals in life and have a great summer with my friends when we go away on holiday. My bulk apparently wasnt that much of a gain, ive got some but not alot. Ive lost all sense of hope ill ever ****ing get what i need.

If your diet is what is holding you back, why are you losing motivation to go to the gym? Shouldn't you be changing your diet instead?

DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) DietBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat
    Run
    Lift
    Do it brah

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you fail, you get up again with lessons learned and improved strength of will.

If you give up, you're done.

Make your choice.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude, you're 19 years old. As most of us, I've been trying to figure this out for years. I envision the day I look in the mirror and thing "I'm here." Enjoy the game.

Certified Broscientist PrimalBrah's Avatar
    PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PrimalBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol @ needing Motivation to go to the gym.
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thing is OP, there will always be more summers and you're always going to want to be in shape. Just because you might not make it to where you want to be this year, doesn't mean you should just drop everything like an impatient child. Re-evaluate what you're doing, fix what isn't optimal, and keep at it.
    Stay natty cuz

L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L0GiK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PrimalBrah View Post
    Riiiiight..... You're definitely in the wrong section then.
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮ PhD in Swag - Acquiring 'Champion of The Earth' status.

- Currently attempting to lift again, fingers crossed -

jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkreuze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A large part of learning or training is the process of getting better at getting better. Even if you aren't seeing the results you were hoping for right away, you're gaining the experience that will help you better reach your training goals down the road. Progress isn't just "damn brah, my biceps are getting ripped," you have to look at it more as a big picture, more like a way of life, or a journey, than something you just apply to your body like a skin cream or something, otherwise how do you stay motivated when your progress slows down? And physical progression WILL slow--that is, after all, the nature of training--but growth in your experience and your mindset don't have diminishing returns.

Look, by simply walking through the gym door you're doing better than 70% of humanity. And how many people at the gym are putting in a solid workout? If you're lifting hard on a good program and eating right you're in the top 10% of mankind.

Progress isn't necessarily a linear thing. If you're working your program and your diet and lifting hard, then you're not failing--you're succeeding.

You're doing what it takes.

Every day in the gym, you're getting better. And every day in the gym, you're getting better at getting better.

Now get your chin up off your chest, and get back to the gym. The bar misses you already.

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most people need the motivation to stay OUT of the gym every day! I hate rest days - I just want to lift. I love the feeling of me battling the iron which is trying to pin me down, trying to break me. I hit it and constantly try and break that little voice in my head saying, that's enough now, that rep is good enough - I keep going until my muscle wont move the weight any more. There is a HUGE differnece between the two. That's my motivation - leaving the gym knowing I'm spent.

First thing you need to do is get your diet right. Work out your daily energy expenditure. Then decide on goals - muscle building - eat 500 calories more. Lose bodyfat = eat 500 calrories less. Make sure you get around 1.2g protein per 1lb bodyeweight. make sure you get enough fat in your diet. Balance the rest with complex carbs.

Then make sure you work out hard enough in the gym.

Then get a decent routine.

In that order.

You will need no more motivation than that.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Phil9 View Post
    If your diet is what is holding you back, why are you losing motivation to go to the gym? Shouldn't you be changing your diet instead?
    I have to agree with this.

This is a learning experience and sometimes you triumph other times you fall flat on your face. I have been at it 10 months now myself and am still learning new things every single day. I expect that 4-5 years from now I will still continue to learn new things.

The best thing you can do it shake it off, get your head right, get your attitude in the right place, and go right back at it harder than ever. Don't let little missteps here and there deter you from your goal as I promise you this won't be the last. At least your learning, you realize there is an issue, now you just have to fix it, keep your head up.
    Last edited by JuiceMcNasty; 02-20-2012 at 04:59 AM.

vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fight through it. Most people give up, don't be one of them. Read thru the motivation quotes/music/threads and go tear it up.

Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're only 19 brah, no reason to quit considering you probly have only been at it for a year or less. One of the biggest parts of this is trial and error and lots of people have been at it for 10+ years. It's taken me nearly 3 to figure alot of things out.

One thing is for sure bb/strength training is just as tough on the mind as it is on the body. Best of luck.
    ~Braves-Falcons-Caps~
    ~Dad Crew x2~
    ~Currently playing: SMITE~

RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BB is a hobby, don't take it so seriously.

If you don't like BB, take up a sports that will get you into shape. Maybe Muay Thai kickboxing ? Or boxing or basketball or soccer or swimming or wrestling.

Have you seen ironman that is not in shape ? They do cycling, swimming and running, and they still have great physique.
    Hard work. Hard work. Hard work.

icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always heard it's 80% diet and 20% gym work. If your diet is off, then you can only achieve so much in the gym. Trust me, I dieted, lost 115 pounds, and now I've gained back 15 pounds and I don't know how. I almost quit going to the gym (check older posts) and now I had my "ah-ha" moment, figured out what is keeping me from getting what I want and now I have complete control of my diet. I know I am doing it right in the gym because people always come up to me and say how hard I'm working to keep it up.

Don't give up because of one hurdle. If we weren't supposed to struggle in our journey to get what we want our bodies to be, it wouldn't be as rewarding. Bust through the funk, get your **** together and hit the weights even harder man. Keep your diet in check and you will get what you want. I read every day as much as I can to learn more and more. I'm still fat as hell but you will see me out running most of the people on the treadmill and working circles around people in the weights.

Keep working hard man, it's just a hurdle.

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NO don't quit!
    I started working out at 16 and it took years to refine my body into really good shape.

Consistency is key, find a plan and stick to it!

Fullbring has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You only fail when you quit

everything else is progress

right down to your thought patterns

now get the **** back to work bitch

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Failing is when you learn the most unless of course you're not interested in learning anything, in which case just give up and avoid mentally and physically difficult activities.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    working out should be fun, it should be challenging, it should be tough, it should near break you at times. That's the fun of it. Stand up to the challenge, stare that BB in the face, tell it you are going to smash the fu*k out of it, then once you have, give it a big hug, tell it you love it, and that you'll see it in a couple of days for more love/hate relationship.

Then eat. eat right, eat sensibly and eat enough.

Then you will get the results you want.

If you fail again, face up to it again. Go back to the drawing board and restock where you are and your goals, then go out and smash it all again.

Don't give up. Its all about mental toughness more than physical toughness. Physical toughness comes from having cracked the mental fight first.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to my life.

cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PrimalBrah View Post
    Step 1 OP DO NOT have an asshat attitude like ^^^
    2 man, find someone that motivates you, talk to your friends youre going on holiday with, start a friendly comp to see who can be in the best shape by then? find something, anything that keeps you going. without a goal and an obstacle, life is nothing but linear and that is not a life worth living. so you fell off the horse now its time to get back on man. good luck OP.
    Beast Mode Never Sleeps

LGN Diet level: Wedding

316-260 by aug 2013!! getting married, gotta look good for the lady.