Thread: question :)

EatToWin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question :)

Didn't really know where else to post this - probably trolling here haha
    I'm a competitive bodybuilder currently in my off season. Eating anything between 3-5000 calories per day trying to pack on some mass. After I competed I really did binge out. However I got my diet back on track eating good foods, good whole foods plenty fruit and veg and carbs. However recently people have noticed (I have too) I seem to be losing size?! This is weird due to I have not dropped strength - nor have I changed my diet - If my diet has changed in any way shape or form I have added MORE protein and MORE calories! I don't understand how I can be losing size? I am lighter also. Stepped on the scales and I am 4lbs lighter. How is this possible and does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this? Ill admit I do have some flaws including not drinking enough water and sometimes not sleeping enough (due to work, sucks)

Thanks

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IF you lost 4 lbs than you DID lose size. If you are training hard in the gym and havent lost strength, then it is fat. Congratulate yourself and raise your calories.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    IF you lost 4 lbs than you DID lose size. If you are training hard in the gym and havent lost strength, then it is fat. Congratulate yourself and raise your calories.
    Also, you said you had your diet "back on track" but then you say you consume between 3000-5000 cals per day. I wouldn't really call that on track. That is a WIDE range. Tough to really track progress or where your "set point" is when there can be that much of a difference on a daily basis. Try to be more strict and then up macros where necessary.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What probably happened is you experienced the post-show rebound effect where you gained a bunch of weight, much of which was water weight. When your diet cleaned up again your weight came down as a result of balancing body water (homeostasis). Your comment of “not drinking enough water” further confirms this. But my cliff’s notes answer is this: who cares about weight. Your off-season should be focused on getting stronger and consuming more calories than you did in the previous year. Go by the tape measure…scales can be misleading.

jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaxfitguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sean Tierney View Post
    What probably happened is you experienced the post-show rebound effect where you gained a bunch of weight, much of which was water weight. When your diet cleaned up again your weight came down as a result of balancing body water (homeostasis). Your comment of “not drinking enough water” further confirms this. But my cliff’s notes answer is this: who cares about weight. Your off-season should be focused on getting stronger and consuming more calories than you did in the previous year. Go by the tape measure…scales can be misleading.
    Def good stuff^^^. water fluctuations can be misleading.

EatToWin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much guys. Guess the scales play with my mind a lot. What's worrying is people saying I'm looking thinner - but if I'm only losing water I musnt be carrying much overall lean muscle mass! Scary