martinlosha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HELP !!! You shouldn't gain any muscles if you want to lose belly fat ?

Hey guys , my name is Martin.

My weight is 150 lbs , my height is 5.74 feet.

I have been on a diet for almost 6 months and i am doing great . I am consuming almost 1500 calories a day and my protein intake is 100-130g per day. I go to the gym and do cardio 6 days a week and i rest on sundays. I have lost all the fat in my body except of belly fat.
    For some reason i can not lose belly fat and i am really disappointed.
    With some observation i discovered that my body is not burning fat anymore but is burning Muscles.That's very weird because my protein intake is ok,i take 100-130g of protein per day,i eat a lot of fish and chicken.I don't feel hungry and i am not in starvation mode in any way.

I had a conversation with my trainer and he told me some things that made my head spinning.
    He said two things :

1.The body stores fat in the belly era because this fat is necessary for your body to function properly.
    With that being said,your body will CHOSE not to burn belly fat during exercise but will search for alternative forms of energy like carbohydrates and muscles.The body goes through this process no matter what diet are you doing.

2.What you should do is to take a different approach. Quit the Gym, don't gain anymore muscles,therefore don't give your body the opportunity to burn your muscles for energy.
    Don't change your diet,consume less calories than you spend, keep doing cardio and you will be fine.

Do you think this will work ?
    Have you tried something similar ?

Sorry for my bad English.

CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000) CarsonPalmer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well hello troll!
    Reformed repaholic...
    Thanks TP!!
    Edit:relapsed

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have fat all over your body, you have to keep losing it to put your muscle mass on display.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

martinlosha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CarsonPalmer View Post
    Well hello troll!
    I am not a troll.

punjabster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punjabster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punjabster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by martinlosha View Post
    Hey guys , my name is Martin.

My weight is 150 lbs , my height is 5.74 feet.

I have been on a diet for almost 6 months and i am doing great . I am consuming almost 1500 calories a day and my protein intake is 100-130g per day. I go to the gym and do cardio 6 days a week and i rest on sundays. I have lost all the fat in my body except of belly fat.
    For some reason i can not lose belly fat and i am really disappointed.
    With some observation i discovered that my body is not burning fat anymore but is burning Muscles.That's very weird because my protein intake is ok,i take 100-130g of protein per day,i eat a lot of fish and chicken.I don't feel hungry and i am not in starvation mode in any way.

I had a conversation with my trainer and he told me some things that made my head spinning.
    He said two things :

1.The body stores fat in the belly era because this fat is necessary for your body to function properly.
    With that being said,your body will CHOSE not to burn belly fat during exercise but will search for alternative forms of energy like carbohydrates and muscles.The body goes through this process no matter what diet are you doing.

2.What you should do is to take a different approach. Quit the Gym, don't gain anymore muscles,therefore don't give your body the opportunity to burn your muscles for energy.
    Don't change your diet,consume less calories than you spend, keep doing cardio and you will be fine.

Do you think this will work ?
    Have you tried something similar ?

Sorry for my bad English.
    You've plateaued!

Everyone has trouble losing belly fat - it's the first place your body starts to accumulate fat and the last place your body will lose fat. I think he's partly right on the first point and totally wrong on the second. Your body does not need belly fat to function. However, for most men, it's the last place your body will turn to for burning fat in a calorie deficit situation.

You're doing fine and keep up the good work. It's going to take a while, but you'll lose that belly fat, so don't be discouraged.

You should consider changing up your eating routine. Try a carbo-loading, all you can eat day to mess things up. Or you could try a fast for 24 hours. There are many things you should try to "trick" your body into reacting. It's probably that your body has become accustomed to your workout routine and adjusted to meet those daily demands. So changing your workout routine and/or your diet could break the plateau.

BTW, it's not too hard to get a "personal trainer" certificate. Or a "dietician".

Good luck.

SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm sorry but that's nonsense. Losing fat is a simple question of ingesting fewer calories than you burn. Your body will use tissue to make up the deficit. Some of this will be fat, some will be lean mass. Body fat is stored throughout the body although people will tend to store more of it in specific areas depending on morphology and gender amongst other things. You cannot in general spot target fat - it is an overall reduction.

If you want to retain as much lean mass as possible then you need to lift and take a reasonable amount of protein on board. Of course, this protein will have its own calorie load which you will need to take into account in your planning.
    Squat (noun) A means of helping men understand what it feels like to give birth.