uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question for HW assignment will rep responses

For class I gotta write a paper about the effectiveness of Bodybuilding.com to attract people to join the fitness community. So my questions are
    1) Do you feel Bodybuilding.com is effective in attracting people to join the Fitness community. (aka working out, getting in shape, competing, all that stuff)
    2) If so what do you think causes it to be effective in attracting people.

Reps for quality responses Thanks for the help
    I REP Back 350+

Trying to get to dat 1337 rep powa

******* No fap until 2012 crew ******

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think bodybuilding.com does an excellent job attracting people to the fitness community. I've seen their ads in numerous magazines and they published a book that, regardless of whether anyone read it, the name "bodybuilding.com" would at least be viewed in diet and exercise sections of book stores. Sending free t-shirts, bags, etc. with orders doesn't hurt either, I've seen many people with different body types and goals in the various cities I've lived in wandering around with bbing.com swag. They also have the best domain name possible for someone with my interests. I discovered the site a long time ago, simply googling (I may have been alta-vistaing at the time...LOL) the term "bodybuilding." They are a presence at various fitness events (sponsorship banners/booths), which adds legitimacy to the site.

Word of mouth has also done a lot for Bodybuilding.com. I'm often surprised at the people who mention this site in conversation, regardless of whether they're currently doing anything to make progress toward their goals or not (I lurked for quite a while before really participating myself, but was motivated by the site regardless). Part of that word of mouth is Bodybuilding.com's reputation for excellent customer service. I have yet to speak with anyone (I actually know) who has not only been happy with the excellent service when things go right, but also at how pleasant and easy the process of fixing mistakes is when things go wrong.

The community is a huge draw as well. Once a person visits this site, I think part of their appeal is the variety of spokespeople they have, whether they are paid professionals or just people who blog/post on this site. There's someone for everyone to dream about being like or simply relate to here. Having access to so many every-day people who started from "where they are now" who have reached their goals despite having the same challenges in life they have make their own success seem more realistic. There is a seemingly endless variety of meal plan and fitness routine ideas along with video and access to other information to help give people direction. On top of that, once they start posting plans and goals to the world, they've got a sense of accountability that will make them more likely to achieve success. Being a part of the Bodybuilding.com community also makes members more likely to purchase from the Bodybuilding.com store, allowing the company to have the revenue required to continue to be a presence through the avenues I mentioned above.

Registered User sarasunnysideup's Avatar
    sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarasunnysideup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by uMimen View Post
    For class I gotta write a paper about the effectiveness of Bodybuilding.com to attract people to join the fitness community. So my questions are
    1) Do you feel Bodybuilding.com is effective in attracting people to join the Fitness community. (aka working out, getting in shape, competing, all that stuff)

Reps for quality responses Thanks for the help

I definitely think so! It's a very conclusive, thorough site with MANY different topics and ways of delivering information. The forums create a sense of community and ease. The bodyspace portion of the site incorporates social media. The store allows people to not have to leave the site to buy supplements and accessories.

BB.com is great because it can help people on many different levels of fitness, whether you are losing weight or building muscle. Anyone on this site can find information pertinent to their goals. The way the site is laid out is not meant to intimidate anyone. It has a easy layout and you can find an article on virtually anything on this site.