Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is a hernia ever on your mind when training?

Just curious if anyone is worried about getting a hernia when training eg when doing squats and deads etc.

I have no symptoms of any injury but I have to admit, it's a slight worry for me to get a hernia.

I not lifting super heavy as a precaution.
    I don't want to sound like I'm being to uptight about and I should just relax and if it happens it happens but just wouldn't mind you guys views on the subject.
    Cheers

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Focus on what you want, instead of what you don't want.

Heard about the guy walking along the sidewalk looking upwards because he was worried a piano would fall from the sky and land on his head? He stepped out into the road and got run over by a bus.
    Change what you do and you'll change who you are.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Worrying is holding you back hugely, have good form and technique, it is all you can do.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It always messes with my mind too, focus on breathing properly and chances are it won't happen unless you are really throwing around stupid amounts of weight you shouldn't even be doing in the first place
    "I'd cut school to go to the gym, 'Oh I'll cut school, I gotta go to sleep, cus I gotta go to the gym tonight to squat, it's a leg day' you know, and if I gotta die tonight, if I gotta die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it. If I meet the end of the world tonight, I'm in the place that I wanna be, right here in the gym."
    -Kai Greene

Follow my blog: jdhouseofiron.blogspot.ca/

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Injuries should always be on your mind that doesn't mean you should focus on it
    Seek truth and reason

F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to worry about it a bit.
    Not anymore.

A couple of times i had gotten this odd tingling/stinging sensation around my navel after heavy lifting , both times it went away in a week or so.
    Havent had it happen for quite a few months.

Buy an ab wheel.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not really, because I always lift in the 10+ rep range. Plus, my core is like iron from years of always doing my lifting while standing, training front levers etc. Between these two things I can't even fathom how I would even get a hernia. A hernia trying to sneak up on me would probably break its teeth on my rippling core muscles.

Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I got one now. I dunno if it's from lifting, running, or just from when I was overweight. But I've had it for a while and didn't know what it was (too much fat from before covering it?). Anyways from what I read is if you get it, you were going to get it sometime in your life because you were born with a defect and you can get it just by coughing to hard or pooping. LOL. So yeah lifting and straining can cause it, but it would have happened anyway eventually. I would say lift away, and don't worry about it. Once I get my surgery and I'm all healed up, I'm going back at it lifting heavier than I was before following doctors orders of course.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    Not really, because I always lift in the 10+ rep range. Plus, my core is like iron from years of always doing my lifting while standing, training front levers etc. Between these two things I can't even fathom how I would even get a hernia. A hernia trying to sneak up on me would probably break its teeth on my rippling core muscles.
    That's the spirit.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsafeAtAnySpd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll admit I've thought about it while lifting at times. That said, I've thought about it sitting on the toilet as well....

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i had a hernia when i was about 15, i've never thought about it since. i also never train with a belt, even when doing heavy dead/squat/bench. i trai my abs hard 2x a week

tlray2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    proper breathing and a strong core will prevent a hernia with heavy heavy weight. Just focus on your lifting and breathing and you will have no worries
    Travis