leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle ups / russian dips help

I want to be able to get my strength up so i can do muscle ups for reps, ive read in mulitple places that russian dips are a great exercise to train the transistion of the muscle up, but i struggle with the leaning back back and driving back up to a dip, my dips on their own are okay, I can do at least 32 without stopping, has anybody got any advice on technique of a russian dip, the muscles are that are involved that need to be strengthened or other exercises to help (except dips and pull ups)

thanks

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by leeh1991 View Post
    I want to be able to get my strength up so i can do muscle ups for reps, ive read in mulitple places that russian dips are a great exercise to train the transistion of the muscle up, but i struggle with the leaning back back and driving back up to a dip, my dips on their own are okay, I can do at least 32 without stopping, has anybody got any advice on technique of a russian dip, the muscles are that are involved that need to be strengthened or other exercises to help (except dips and pull ups)

thanks
    Your reps are more than adequate to be able to do the muscle ups. The key for starting off with the muscle ups is to swing/pull up, but at the same time raise your knees.. that will momentum u up over the bar. Also work on practicing explosive pullup, and pulling the bar lower than u do now on your pullups and chinups. All the best

leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leeh1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fazzenterprises View Post
    Your reps are more than adequate to be able to do the muscle ups. The key for starting off with the muscle ups is to swing/pull up, but at the same time raise your knees.. that will momentum u up over the bar. Also work on practicing explosive pullup, and pulling the bar lower than u do now on your pullups and chinups. All the best
    great, il practise the higher pull ups

guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Key advice to remember on muscle ups (on bars).

Explosive movement
    Kip ONLY if you don't have the strength to pull yourself up (I wouldn't try a muscle up until you can get 10+ perfect form pull ups)
    Concentrate on NOT pulling yourself OVER the bar, but PUSHING the bar down in front of you. It is a swing motion, and has just as much to do with your wrists and elbows as it does with your strength.
    You might want to try to change your grip to a slightly modified 'wrist over the bar' grip.
    Lift and Run
    Train and Motivate

"There's 24 hours a day, you sleep six hours... now I know there's some of you out there now that say 'well wait a minute I sleep eight hours, or nine hours', well then just sleep faster, I would recommend... Just remember, you can't climb the ladder to success with your hands in your pockets."

“You don't have to be fast. But you'd better be fearless.”

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by leeh1991 View Post
    great, il practise the higher pull ups
    On youtube type in - FitnessFaqs Muscle up Tutorial --- in it you will see how to time your swing/kip and overall one of the best tutorial ive seen on muscle ups

guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guitarzan1143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fazzenterprises View Post
    On youtube type in - FitnessFaqs Muscle up Tutorial --- in it you will see how to time your swing/kip and overall one of the best tutorial ive seen on muscle ups
    Strength Project offers some GREAT advice as well.
    Lift and Run
    Train and Motivate

"There's 24 hours a day, you sleep six hours... now I know there's some of you out there now that say 'well wait a minute I sleep eight hours, or nine hours', well then just sleep faster, I would recommend... Just remember, you can't climb the ladder to success with your hands in your pockets."

“You don't have to be fast. But you'd better be fearless.”