Thread: Ddpyoga

SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperAmmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ddpyoga

This isn't so much a review of DDPYOGA as it is my initial impressions through a week and a half of the program.

For those who don't know, DDPYOGA is a combination of yoga, strength training and calisthenics. The description of the workout can be found at DDPYOGA.com.

I was very interested in finding a workout I could do at home that didn't require purchasing weights (not quite where I want to be financially to buy a weight set or buy a gym membership) or didn't take too much time out of my day (the longest workout is 1 hour 5 minutes...the rest of the workout combos are 45 minutes tops) while still giving me a good cardio and strength training workout along with stretching my body. My goals are pretty modest: a) become more flexible b) lose 2 belt loops c) regain the strength I had when I was actively weight training in high school and college.

So far, I cannot be happier with the results. The most noticeable difference is in my flexibility. While it's not a drastic difference in my flexibility, as a whole after only a week my body feels light years better than it did when I first started. For awhile despite only being 25 I've felt "old," for lack of a better term. Knees and joints starting to feel creaky. I knew I had to do something. I already feel better just standing up and walking around in everyday normal life.

As far as strength goes...my body feels it, but it doesn't "burn" like a weight workout does. That said, the way you create your own resistance really does work. I don't think it's a full replacement for weight training, but it's definitely good enough for what I'm looking for in a workout. I feel "solid" again, and while much of that is due to muscle memory, I'll be very interested to see where I'm at come Week 13.

Overall, it's something I definitely recommend for those who are looking for a good at home workout. I'm very excited to see where I'll be and how I feel come Week 13 of the program. It's only week 2 and I already feel great and can feel my body changing.

Anyone else do DDPYOGA?
    GO BROWNS!
    GO CAVS!
    GO INDIANS!

The Cleveland Browns: 8 League Championships, 11 Conference Championships, 1 Perfect Season
    Cleveland Cavaliers: 2016 NBA Champions!!!!

bernardll28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ddp

did you finish the program? how did it go? there aren't many reviews online, let me know what it did for you!