Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question Silk Amino Acids

Discuss.

After reading about bpis's new "BLOX" SAA product, I just wanted to see what the BB.com folks consensus about silk amino acids is, and how they feel they could be used compared with regular EAA or BCAA products.

Here is there advertisement for BLOX..
    BLOX™ - NEW DISCOVERY!
    SAAs -- the perfect protein that you've never heard of ...

What exactly are SAAs?
    SAAs (Silk Amino Acids) are a remarkable and innovative Amino Acid Sequence just recently discovered by a bold team of scientists. You see, SAAs are a chain of eighteen plus particular amino acids -- but, it’s not so much the eighteen that researchers found to be of greatest import … it’s five -- yes, five -- in a precise sequence and precise ratio that matter! And, when these five SAAs are in this precise sequence and precise ratio … it’s like turning on football stadium lights in pitch black darkness!!!

This Exact Sequenced Composition And Precise Ratio produces optimal pro-anabolic results!

SAAs: more muscle, more stamina, more testosterone boosting...

http://store.bpisports.net/products/blox

A rly reliable source (wikipedia), states the following:

Composition
    Predominant composition of silk amino acids (by weight*):

L-Alanine (34.36%)
    Glycine (27.23%)
    L-Serine (9.58%)
    L-Valine (3.49%)
    L-Threonine (2.00%)

I'm trying to figure out how viable this supplement actually is vs. standard bcaa/eaa and what not... and seeing the above ratio's just has me wondering all together about this product.

This study below looks to be somewhat promising, in mice at least.

Silk amino acids improve physical stamina and male reproductive function of mice: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20118552

knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been trying it for the last week and the main thing i have noticed is that the recovery for me is like nothing before! I actually cant believe how quickly i recover from my workouts now. But my brother trying it aswell, while he is noticing better recovery, he hasnt been as adamant about it as i have

kingery1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree. Recovery is super fast. Almost no soreness after working out. Lifting increasing faster than without. The taste (fruit punch) is surprisingly great. I definitely like it better than any other amino acid supplement I've tried. More effective and better taste. It's crazy.

Originally Posted by knockoutkid View Post
    I have been trying it for the last week and the main thing i have noticed is that the recovery for me is like nothing before! I actually cant believe how quickly i recover from my workouts now. But my brother trying it aswell, while he is noticing better recovery, he hasnt been as adamant about it as i have

gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A combined 36 posts between the two reponses?? Can not trust, in to here what some more reputable people have to say...
    Kush & OJ

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

BRB boosting AMPk

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed for knowledge...

knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knockoutkid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gymrat53 View Post
    A combined 36 posts between the two reponses?? Can not trust, in to here what some more reputable people have to say...
    I may not post much here, but i have tried it and that was my experience. Anyway i did a search for blox because i was interested also to see what anyone else thought. But i think the only people who are actually going to give it a chance are the people who are loyal to bpi, which are few and far between here so i dont think your going to get many reviews on it

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Contrary statements are contrary. At first, they're talking of peptide/AA sequence, which means it's a small, bonded peptide. However, they're using free-form aminos, aka NON-peptided bonded aminos in their product. aka, I don't trust it.
    In the paper from above, the authors seem abiguous as to what form their SAA source is. I have emailed the company that produced their SAA source to see what it is.

Attached is the full paper.
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Policeman

Fancy a hook to your gabber m8?

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    bump

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thefleshlight View Post
    Contrary statements are contrary. At first, they're talking of peptide/AA sequence, which means it's a small, bonded peptide. However, they're using free-form aminos, aka NON-peptided bonded aminos in their product. aka, I don't trust it.
    In the paper from above, the authors seem abiguous as to what form their SAA source is. I have emailed the company that produced their SAA source to see what it is.

Attached is the full paper.
    Interested in what comes from this.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Interested in what comes from this.
    still no response. maybe they no speaka engrish

Registered User skinnyfataussie's Avatar
    skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyfataussie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Expensive as hell for a questionable product, works on mice thou...

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The study that you cite only shows that protein (or amino acid) supplementation along with physical activity/training has an ergogenic effect.
    They have compared protein supplementation (verum groups) with water supplementation (placebo group).

The outcome of that study does not tell us ANYTHING about whether "silk amino acids" (or whatever) is the new big thing or not. It only shows that amino acids from silk protein have a better ergogenic effect than water. You could have taken amino acids from pubic hair and would have gotten pretty much the same result.

If you want to know whether silk amino acids are worth their money, then compare their effects with the effects from other established amno products (e.g. whey isolate, or BCAAs or whatever). Then we can talk.

Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    Discuss.

After reading about bpis's new "BLOX" SAA product, I just wanted to see what the BB.com folks consensus about silk amino acids is, and how they feel they could be used compared with regular EAA or BCAA products.

Here is there advertisement for BLOX..
    BLOX™ - NEW DISCOVERY!
    SAAs -- the perfect protein that you've never heard of ...

What exactly are SAAs?
    SAAs (Silk Amino Acids) are a remarkable and innovative Amino Acid Sequence just recently discovered by a bold team of scientists. You see, SAAs are a chain of eighteen plus particular amino acids -- but, it’s not so much the eighteen that researchers found to be of greatest import … it’s five -- yes, five -- in a precise sequence and precise ratio that matter! And, when these five SAAs are in this precise sequence and precise ratio … it’s like turning on football stadium lights in pitch black darkness!!!

This Exact Sequenced Composition And Precise Ratio produces optimal pro-anabolic results!

SAAs: more muscle, more stamina, more testosterone boosting...

http://store.bpisports.net/products/blox

A rly reliable source (wikipedia), states the following:

Composition
    Predominant composition of silk amino acids (by weight*):

L-Alanine (34.36%)
    Glycine (27.23%)
    L-Serine (9.58%)
    L-Valine (3.49%)
    L-Threonine (2.00%)

I'm trying to figure out how viable this supplement actually is vs. standard bcaa/eaa and what not... and seeing the above ratio's just has me wondering all together about this product.

This study below looks to be somewhat promising, in mice at least.

Silk amino acids improve physical stamina and male reproductive function of mice: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20118552

SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    The study that you cite only shows that protein (or amino acid) supplementation along with physical activity/training has an ergogenic effect.
    They have compared protein supplementation (verum groups) with water supplementation (placebo group).

The outcome of that study does not tell us ANYTHING about whether "silk amino acids" (or whatever) is the new big thing or not. It only shows that amino acids from silk protein have a better ergogenic effect than water. You could have taken amino acids from pubic hair and would have gotten pretty much the same result.

If you want to know whether silk amino acids are worth their money, then compare their effects with the effects from other established amno products (e.g. whey isolate, or BCAAs or whatever). Then we can talk.
    lulz were had in a major way!

Originally Posted by DR_P View Post

wow I totally missed that point :facepalm:

squishyvillian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I know you may not take my opnion, I am going to tell you what I know anyway. As far as the study on mice for the lipid lowering attributes you can not trust those results. The pathways for lipid matabolism are comepletly diffrent for humans and mice. Hence why you can not find any studies published as to the lowering effects in humans. The reason I know this is I work for a lipidologist ( a doctor who studies cholesterol and triglricides) I actually asked him about this today because I was researching it and metioned it to him. He said he would like to see the study so I printed it off for him. He looked at it for about 3sec. before he told me it can not be trusted. The reason is all do to the mice used as subjects. Just wanted to let you guys know what I have found out.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started using it, but I also use other amino acid products, so it's really hard to tell. I notice I have more endurance during my workout, but no greater amount of recovery than normal. i usually take have a scoop of the "SAA's" about 30 minutes before my workout, then i have a drink comprised of L-Leucine 7 g L-Isoleucine 1.75 g L-Valine 1.75 g Glutamine 2.5 g and I throw in a scoop of approximated 5-7g of EAAs during my workout.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechPhil's Avatar
    MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MuscleTechPhil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Today is February 29th, which is a "leap" day...Interesting segue into discussion of this topic, since the data provided for SAA is currently on animal subjects. My point is that it's sort of a "leap" of faith people are taking when trying to directly associate animal data to humans. Nonetheless, there may be some merit to supplementing with SAA. However, I reserve judgement until human clinical data is available to review. We will see how this SAA fares in the market place and whether or not people benefit significantly.
    Team MuscleTech Rep

"10/10: This is by far the most extreme product MuscleTech has released." - GUnit69 http://bbcom.me/xeu57k

********.com/MuscleTech | Twitter.com/TeamMuscleTech | Twitter.com/MuscleTechDeals | YouTube.com/TeamMuscleTechVideos | Groups.bodybuilding.com/Team_MuscleTech

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleTechPhil View Post
    Today is February 29th, which is a "leap" day...Interesting segue into discussion of this topic, since the data provided for SAA is currently on animal subjects. My point is that it's sort of a "leap" of faith people are taking when trying to directly associate animal data to humans. Nonetheless, there may be some merit to supplementing with SAA. However, I reserve judgement until human clinical data is available to review. We will see how this SAA fairs in the market place and whether or not people benefit significantly.
    I laughed at the "leap" stuff.

I think we all know that the supplement market is not very good at discerning the best products, however. Much better at determining the best labels/brands that give best commission to brick and mortar salesmen.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi

aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The articles are interesting, but this stuff isn't going to give you much for "results".

I will say I received 4 samples of BPI Blox.. Lemonade and fruit punch are extremely good tasting.

robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any difference in just getting these same amino acids from your whey protein???

i was asked at the gym about these two days ago... told the guy to stick to bcaa

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    subbed for an intellectual topic. Nice to see for a change
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep

jimmmay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently made this purchased (2.10.12) while out looking to replace my current BCAA supplement.

My supplements are:

Morning:
    Calcimate (Zinc,Mag & Calc)
    Fish Oil
    L-glutamine

Pre-WO
    NO-Extreme Zero
    NO3 Black Chrome

Intra-WO - (Was taking Modern BCAA)
    10g Blox SAA + 20oz

Post-WO
    Protein Shake
    L-glutamine
    Calcimate (Zinc,Mag & Calc)

I have been using it for about 27 days now and I can say that the initial 1-3 days, I did not notice much of a difference. The following days after, I did noticed that my delayed soreness decreased and my recovery increased. On heavy isolated days, there was little to no soreness the following days and that my body felt ready to go. Keep in mind, that the isolated muscle groups did feel like I needed a stretch but other than that, there was no fatigue, soreness that I would say fits the word "sore." My muscles just felt like they were worked but can still go.

As far as endurance, I am a amateur Muay Thai practitioner, and I did not noticing any major changes in my endurance during my conditioning routines which involves a 4 mile run, 30 minutes of jump rope and 30 minutes of shadow boxing.

I'll probably post something after about 45 days of usage. Hope this helps, I don't really post here much but I do browse a lot of threads.

-Jim

Too many words. Condense, woman.

kaufytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just stick to what I know works: my SizeON

SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hark:

Silk Amino Acids are a mixture of amino acids obtained from the cocoon of the Silk Worm Bombix Mori. The mixture of amino acids is very high in the amino acids serine and aspartate, and some versions are rich in tyrosine as well.

The protein can be found in a hydrolyzed (pre-digested) form known as Sericin-S, or as a undigestible form known as Sericin-L. The undigestible form appears to exert protective effects on the colon and intestinal tract, whereas the hydrolyzed form can beneficially affect systemic (post-intestinal) metabolic functions.

Sericin also appears to beneficially affect the skin, in both a protective sense (anti-oxidation, anti-UV radiation) as well as increasing moisture content. These effects may be seen with both topical application or ingestion.

It looks to be a promising compound, but no human studies on health have been conducted.

TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skinnyfataussie View Post
    Expensive as hell for a questionable product, works on mice thou...
    ROFLMAO! I don't know if that was a joke or not but THAT **** was HILARIOUS!

JakeSwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok i might be a little late but here is my honest opinion ...they aren't hype or bull**** ...let me first say this i am well aware of the placebo effect and how it works...i was skeptical just as you all were... i did leg day and usually the next day i am pretty damn sore and the day following is worse...the next morning i woke up after taking my Blox right after my workout ...and right before bed and i had little soreness and the day following that absolutely nothing .... i believe BPI is really onto something. I must admit i am anxious for some human trials to come out, rather than some study on rats. But until then I'm gonna keep using it because it is working

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Silk Amino Acid does not just contain the 5 amino acids listed by BPI – Alanine (34.36%), Glycine (27.23%), Serine (9.58%), Valine (3.49%) and Threonine (2.00%). Excluding those 5 amino acids (77.66% of the total amino acid profile), the remaining 13 amino acids that have been identified within this protein source contribute approximately 23.34% to the total composition. The remaining two BCAA’s, Leucine and Isoleucine, are present within SAA, though at concentrations reported at approximately 1.24% and 1.25%, respectively. Thus, Blox is NOT some 5 amino acid product or pentapeptide. Instead, it’s just an intact silk protein powder. A better comparison would be to compare Blox vs Whey protein, as both are complete, intact proteins. Or, compare Blox to an EAA formula. Silk protein is radically inferior to animal based sustaining protein, such as whey or its essential amino acids.

Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."

ZSSailer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by squishyvillian View Post
    Well I know you may not take my opnion, I am going to tell you what I know anyway. As far as the study on mice for the lipid lowering attributes you can not trust those results. The pathways for lipid matabolism are comepletly diffrent for humans and mice. Hence why you can not find any studies published as to the lowering effects in humans. The reason I know this is I work for a lipidologist ( a doctor who studies cholesterol and triglricides) I actually asked him about this today because I was researching it and metioned it to him. He said he would like to see the study so I printed it off for him. He looked at it for about 3sec. before he told me it can not be trusted. The reason is all do to the mice used as subjects. Just wanted to let you guys know what I have found out.
    Gosh, that TOTALLY makes sense. I guess that's why pharmaceutical companies, research laboratories, etc. always use mice, rats, and other small mammals to simulate what would happen in a human with a certain substance before using human subjects?

I'm not arguing that this product MAY work differently in mice than in humans, but frankly when a mouse/rat reacts a certain way it's a very good indication of how a human will react to it (not including toxicology profiles, which can sometimes be different.)