View Poll Results: Am I on the right track?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

2 40.00%
    brvdw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New training program

I been going to gym almost for 2 years now, I have been trying to gain mass seeing as i'm a skinny guy but not much success. I eat right and train every day. I posted on the forum a few days ago asking for some advice on what to do and got excellent feed back and thanks to those who did assist. With all they information i been going through and been giving i have gotten to a decision and want to know what you guys think.

I have been told I have been over training and eating to little so i have made a workout program for myself and would like to see what you guys think.

Monday: Chest + Biceps

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Back + Triceps

Friday: Shoulders + abs

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

I am eating every 3 hours of me being awake which is 5 to 6 meals in one day. When I am not able to get a decent meal I use a protein shake as a meal replacement. I also go rock climbing on weekends sometimes which is like cardio. Every gym session I train for 45min to an hour long. I go heavy as I can go with good form and I do 4 to 10 reps on a set.

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brvdw View Post
    I been going to gym almost for 2 years now, I have been trying to gain mass seeing as i'm a skinny guy but not much success. I eat right and train every day. I posted on the forum a few days ago asking for some advice on what to do and got excellent feed back and thanks to those who did assist. With all they information i been going through and been giving i have gotten to a decision and want to know what you guys think.

I have been told I have been over training and eating to little so i have made a workout program for myself and would like to see what you guys think.

Monday: Chest + Biceps

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Back + Triceps

Friday: Shoulders + abs

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

I am eating every 3 hours of me being awake which is 5 to 6 meals in one day. When I am not able to get a decent meal I use a protein shake as a meal replacement. I also go rock climbing on weekends sometimes which is like cardio. Every gym session I train for 45min to an hour long. I go heavy as I can go with good form and I do 4 to 10 reps on a set.
    i eat 7 days a week and train 3 days....is this good?

all vague info ... and mostly useless....a day of the week, a body part, what time you eat...

1) a routine that you progress (add weight or reps) on a regular basis
    2) eat a surplus of calories

this is how you gain muscle.... not if you eat every three hour

locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like the previous poster said, you have to eat in a surplus and timing is not that important. Split looks fine, I would just train back on its own day and shoulders with triceps but then again its preference. It also depends what kind of exercised you are doing and what rep range, as long as you are progressing just stick with it. You can look into PRRS, with a FDFS week. I am currently bulking on that and loving it.

Ok well that is pretty much how I've planned it out. I'm not sure what else to do or what else I should consider.
    Yes I do understand I have to eat a lot and I think i got that covered. I am going to do back alone and shoulders + triceps together. Oh and another thing, won't I get fat?

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    won't I get fat?
    if you eat too much.

you have to monitor calories

consume slightly over maintenance, 200 or 300 calories. This will keep fat gain down as much as possible.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    You might want to consider a 3 x a week full body barbell-based compound lifts routine (a "novice" one, yes). It's not that you're totally new to lifting, no, it's that your lifts are not that great for the time you've apparently put in. And where's your deadlift at? If you're not doing them, you almost certainly should be. A so-called "novice" program would probably be ideal for you.

Something along the lines of Starting Strength, say, with a calorie surplus and enough quality protein every day. But there are other routines, of course. You'll find that most of the ones that work for "newbies" are rather similar, however: compound barbell lifts (possibly with a few other things, like weighted dips and chins, etc.), and - for the most part - low reps. All of them also feature steady weight progression - this is crucial.

I do chin ups and dead lifts when I do back, I do dips / weighted dips when I do triceps and shoulders. Also do some pull ups when I do chest and biceps.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fair enough. I didn't see anything in the deads section, and assumed therefore you weren't doing them. That or they''re really terrible, lol.

I do suggest going to (or even going back to) a "novice" routine. They have this way of building strength and muscle like you mightn't believe (if your lifts are still in the novice range, which yours are, for example), as long as you follow them to the letter, and eat enough, etc.

The Nutrition forum might be your next stop...?

ok so let me get this straight? My workout program is ok? Just need to fine tune the intensity of my work out and diet?

Oh and I forgot I also do squats when I gym legs. And another thing I only started this program as of Monday this week, I been gyming Monday to Friday for almost 2 years now no stop and I did get a lot of size in the first year but it all just flat lined. That's why I started this new workout as shown above from all the research and info i been given.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok so let me get this straight? My workout program is ok?
    No.

If you haven't gained strength for reps for big exercises for months, then your training "program" is not working at all.

Hardly surprising. It is not a program at all. It is a list of bodyparts. We all have those.

Just need to fine tune the intensity of my work out and diet?
    No.

You don't need to fine tune your workout, though you might want to drop it altogether and do a real program. See my sig. You need do need to add a plate to your squat and dead for lots of reps.

If you haven't gained mass for months, then you are eating barely enough to keep your present muscular size. You don't have to fine tune anything, you have to eat more.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).