spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sorinex Diamond (Trap) Bar vs. Rackable Cambered Bar

I have an EliteFTS SS Yoke Bar and am interested in getting another specialty bar. The yoke bar targets more of your anterior chain so I'm looking at the Sorinex Diamond Bar and a Rackable Cambered Bar to target the posterior chain.

Heavily leaning towards the diamond bar for DL's but also for shrugs, shoulder presses, etc. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for either considering the fact I have the SS Yoke? Assuming that will be pretty similar to the Cambered Bar and it would be better to diversify...

Thanks!

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think someone messaged me about the CSB, but I can't find the PM.

I'll help address it here since you're asking.

I have a SSB, so I understand what you're saying by anterior chain. I own the CSB as well.

The CSB is a different beast simply because the bar has a tendency to swing. It will strengthen your core much more than most other bars b/c of this effect alone. As for the question of if the bar compares to the SSB, not in any way. The bar sits much lower and really does help the posterior chain. You can still do a high bar position, but that actually helps work the anterior chain a bit too and in a very different way than the SSB. The swing also creates sheer forces that also will hit the posterior & partially anterior (depends on bar position) chain because of this. Too a degree, it's almost like out of position training. If you're not solid, this bar will find your weak point and make it blatantly obvious. Add in chains or bands & you have a hell of a set up. You also have the option of zercher squats w/ the CSB & those will build your biceps, anterior chain & core like no other. It becomes a jack of all trades. I have yet to bother benching with it. Might be interesting for close grip work.

The EFS spider bar is another bar to consider if you want to hit posterior chain. I had discussions w/ dumb.bell through pm about this bar & it's on my list of must haves now. You might want to look at that option if it's in your price range.

I can't say much for the hex bar, but I don't see it hitting the posterior chain in the fashion at all. Someone can confirm or deny that though.

I don't see the
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I think someone messaged me about the CSB, but I can't find the PM.

I'll help address it here since you're asking.

I have a SSB, so I understand what you're saying by anterior chain. I own the CSB as well.

The CSB is a different beast simply because the bar has a tendency to swing. It will strengthen your core much more than most other bars b/c of this effect alone. As for the question of if the bar compares to the SSB, not in any way. The bar sits much lower and really does help the posterior chain. You can still do a high bar position, but that actually helps work the anterior chain a bit too and in a very different way than the SSB. The swing also creates sheer forces that also will hit the posterior & partially anterior (depends on bar position) chain because of this. Too a degree, it's almost like out of position training. If you're not solid, this bar will find your weak point and make it blatantly obvious. Add in chains or bands & you have a hell of a set up. You also have the option of zercher squats w/ the CSB & those will build your biceps, anterior chain & core like no other. It becomes a jack of all trades. I have yet to bother benching with it. Might be interesting for close grip work.

The EFS spider bar is another bar to consider if you want to hit posterior chain. I had discussions w/ dumb.bell through pm about this bar & it's on my list of must haves now. You might want to look at that option if it's in your price range.

I can't say much for the hex bar, but I don't see it hitting the posterior chain in the fashion at all. Someone can confirm or deny that though.

I don't see the
    You might be referring to my question in the EQ thread about what you like about the cambered squat bar. What you are saying makes a lot of sense. However, I think I probably need to just shut up and keep squatting for a while before I would really need something like the CSB.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    You might be referring to my question in the EQ thread about what you like about the cambered squat bar. What you are saying makes a lot of sense. However, I think I probably need to just shut up and keep squatting for a while before I would really need something like the CSB.
    NONSENSE!

I got this bar when my squat was in the low 400s (using a squat suit/wraps, etc). It helped with my weakness. All of these bars are just tools & they all have a purpose, especially if they correct a weak link in your chain. Actually, doing zerchers with this benefited me more than squatting w/ it. I'm not saying that because CSB squats are not good, but zerchers are in a whole-nother category of hardcore-ness when you get to heavier weights.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Synthetickiller, that was me that sent the PM. Spkerr, I have a rackable hex bar and I like it, for DL's it hits legs more than your back, I also do shrugs with it and before I built farmers walk handles,I used it for that. It would be a nice addition to a SSB or CSB. But if you're only getting one bar it would probably depend on what your goals are to decide. I have the steel cut out for a CSB, but can't finish it till I get my arm out of a splint and sling.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Sorry OP, the appropriate answer is BOTH. BUY BOTH! You know you want to.

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Synthetickiller, that was me that sent the PM. Spkerr, I have a rackable hex bar and I like it, for DL's it hits legs more than your back, I also do shrugs with it and before I built farmers walk handles,I used it for that. It would be a nice addition to a SSB or CSB. But if you're only getting one bar it would probably depend on what your goals are to decide. I have the steel cut out for a CSB, but can't finish it till I get my arm out of a splint and sling.
    Hey buddy!

I did respond. Wow, I thought you recently PM'd me. I guess I answered your question, lol

Sounds like the hex bar is almost like a poor man's belt squat (just not quite). Interesting.

aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have the EFS SSB and the Sorinex Diamond Bar. Freaking love both. I've actually ended up using the Diamond bar about 3x as much on upper days than lower. I did do a deadlift session with it recently and it is a little different....not bad, just different. A lot closer to the feeling of a squat than a dead.

Anyways, my vote is BUY BOTH!!!!!!
    ()---() York Barbell Club #54 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #59 []---[]

Get Green in 2014!

ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ichthis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just as a point of information, note that the trap bar will work the body very differently depending on, basically, the verticality of the torso at the bottom of the movement. The more you let the torso bend forward, the closer to deadlift activation, and vice versa.

spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spkerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I will likely get the diamond bar first and then eventually get a cambered bar as well to go along with that and my EliteFTS SS Yoke.

Regarding the camber bar, what are everyone's thoughts on the Rogue Rackable Cambered Bar (85 pounds) vs. the Sorinex Cool Breeze Camber Bar (45 pounds) which is rackable as well. The Cool Breeze is interesting b/c you have two places to grip... but I like the heftiness of the Rogue.

Which one would you go with?

Comparisons:

Name: weight, camber, link
    Rogue: 85 lb, ??? Link
    EFS: 65 lb, 14" Link
    Sorinex: 45 lb, 14" Link
    Black Widow: 41 lb, 14" (Claims 800 lb max) Link
    WestCaryBarbell: 35 lb, 14" (600 lbs max, I would ignore this bar unless you are on a budget) Link
    Westside Barbel: Not worth the $380 asking price + 1 to 2 week wait. Far better options.

I have the EFS CSB, which is really close to the Rogue.I don't get the weight disparity. Mine is 65 lbs. How in the heck is the Rogue 20 lbs heavier? They look to be equal in weight. Either the sleeves are longer, there's a great camber or both.

Here's my take:

Bars that don't make the cut:

Westside: I gave 2 good reasons. Moving on. EFS's is the same I believe, cheaper & faster shipping

WestCaryBarbell: What can I say? It's hideous looking. Done. Just kidding, this isn't a fashion show. 600 lb max is a joke. Why bother? 35 lb bar weight? Weak... I'd be worried to drop this with 400 lbs on it. Might bend. The flat tube uprights look like a pain in the butt to hold. Unless like you your palms open, I prefer to wrap my fingers around the bar, I mean shaft. We all love thick shafts here. Also, adding 5s to fix the weight issue. I'd rather use 2.5kg competition collars, but there's no need since this bar can't handle that kind of load.

Black Widow: Weight, 41 lb? Pain in the butt if you care about weight. I'm not so sure of the texture if the bar is not knurled. Maybe someone can comment on that. Again, i don't like the flat tube uprights for the camber. Personal preference, I guess, but I find myself gripping hard on a very heavy squat w/ this type of bar & that just seems to complicate issues.

Soriex:
    The bar seems to be closer to the average length of an oly bar (unless the pics are deceiving). This is great if you limited on space. Most CSBs are very long (think Iron Wolfe long). Good weight. 45 lbs is the standard, so people love this. The love for the bar, in my eyes, stops there. Powder coating is so cheap. That's a major turn off. The design is abysmal. I can see issues w/ racking the bar b/c of 2 uprights. Just increases your chances of a miss rack. While the 2nd grip location (the inside grip; the outside grip is the standard for cambered bars, distance-wise), it's too close to the body. You'll never use this. I also don't like the primary girp's location to the plates. Very little space between the bar & the plates means you might snag your fingers or just have slight issues setting up. I really like freedom to move my hands around during this movement. This is extremely important if you need a different angle to help alleviate shoulder pain. At $339 + shipping, it's almost too expensive compared to better options.

Bars that made the cut:

EFS & Rogue:

Here's why they do. The design allows for monstrous loads. You can easily attach bands on the inside w/o effecting the racking of the bar. 1.5" bar thickness feels about right on my back. It probably will on your's too. Both are heavy, so it really emphasizes you're using a specialty bar. This is more of a mental thing affecting me, but I like it & do value it's affect & effect on me.

My CSB has issues where the knurling is on the top. This is useless. I am assuming this is just a fluke and the bars have the knurling in the right places (where the bar actually meets your back or entirely all over).

If the Rogue is the same price or cheaper, then go that route. Just remember one thing, assume you need compression collars like the Ivanko cot-1.25/2.5 or CO/COC-2.5kg as the sleeves are probably 1.9" vs almost 2"/50mm like most oly bar sleeves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this account.

Reps are cool if you want to give them. This actually took a little time to write up, lol. Hope this helps a few people out there.

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Comparisons:

Name: weight, camber, link
    Rogue: 85 lb, ??? Link
    EFS: 65 lb, 14" Link
    Sorinex: 45 lb, 14" Link
    Black Widow: 41 lb, 14" (Claims 800 lb max) Link
    WestCaryBarbell: 35 lb, 14" (600 lbs max, I would ignore this bar unless you are on a budget) Link
    Westside Barbel: Not worth the $380 asking price + 1 to 2 week wait. Far better options.

I have the EFS CSB, which is really close to the Rogue.I don't get the weight disparity. Mine is 65 lbs. How in the heck is the Rogue 20 lbs heavier? They look to be equal in weight. Either the sleeves are longer, there's a great camber or both.

Here's my take:

Bars that don't make the cut:

Westside: I gave 2 good reasons. Moving on. EFS's is the same I believe, cheaper & faster shipping

WestCaryBarbell: What can I say? It's hideous looking. Done. Just kidding, this isn't a fashion show. 600 lb max is a joke. Why bother? 35 lb bar weight? Weak... I'd be worried to drop this with 400 lbs on it. Might bend. The flat tube uprights look like a pain in the butt to hold. Unless like you your palms open, I prefer to wrap my fingers around the bar, I mean shaft. We all love thick shafts here. Also, adding 5s to fix the weight issue. I'd rather use 2.5kg competition collars, but there's no need since this bar can't handle that kind of load.

Black Widow: Weight, 41 lb? Pain in the butt if you care about weight. I'm not so sure of the texture if the bar is not knurled. Maybe someone can comment on that. Again, i don't like the flat tube uprights for the camber. Personal preference, I guess, but I find myself gripping hard on a very heavy squat w/ this type of bar & that just seems to complicate issues.

Soriex:
    The bar seems to be closer to the average length of an oly bar (unless the pics are deceiving). This is great if you limited on space. Most CSBs are very long (think Iron Wolfe long). Good weight. 45 lbs is the standard, so people love this. The love for the bar, in my eyes, stops there. Powder coating is so cheap. That's a major turn off. The design is abysmal. I can see issues w/ racking the bar b/c of 2 uprights. Just increases your chances of a miss rack. While the 2nd grip location (the inside grip; the outside grip is the standard for cambered bars, distance-wise), it's too close to the body. You'll never use this. I also don't like the primary girp's location to the plates. Very little space between the bar & the plates means you might snag your fingers or just have slight issues setting up. I really like freedom to move my hands around during this movement. This is extremely important if you need a different angle to help alleviate shoulder pain. At $339 + shipping, it's almost too expensive compared to better options.

Bars that made the cut:

EFS & Rogue:

Here's why they do. The design allows for monstrous loads. You can easily attach bands on the inside w/o effecting the racking of the bar. 1.5" bar thickness feels about right on my back. It probably will on your's too. Both are heavy, so it really emphasizes you're using a specialty bar. This is more of a mental thing affecting me, but I like it & do value it's affect & effect on me.

My CSB has issues where the knurling is on the top. This is useless. I am assuming this is just a fluke and the bars have the knurling in the right places (where the bar actually meets your back or entirely all over).

If the Rogue is the same price or cheaper, then go that route. Just remember one thing, assume you need compression collars like the Ivanko cot-1.25/2.5 or CO/COC-2.5kg as the sleeves are probably 1.9" vs almost 2"/50mm like most oly bar sleeves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this account.

Reps are cool if you want to give them. This actually took a little time to write up, lol. Hope this helps a few people out there.

nice write-up. i have the rogue csb, and it's really nice. part of the reason for its weight is they use solid steel instead of schedule 40 tubing. the powdercoat is very nice and hasn't flaked off. the sleeves are normal diameter, and muscle clamps fit on tightly. i'm not sure why the powder coating hasn't flaked off the sleeves like with the rogue SSB - maybe the sleeves aren't machined? anyway, it still looks nice. I haven't used it for squats, but I use it to OHP in my short-ceiling basement since the sleeves are lower than the level of the bar.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks for taking the time to write up your comparisons. I tried to rep you, but...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Synthetickiller again."
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Synthetickiller - rep'd!!! Thanks man!

@jackbravo, how big is the camber on your Rogue?

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write up your comparisons. I tried to rep you, but...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Synthetickiller again."
    Originally Posted by spkerr View Post

Thanks guys. KBKB, I can't rep, like you. Nice kettlebell thread.

spkerr, you've been a good poster, so reps to you for not trolling/douche bagging & bringing up a relevant topic. You have no rep points, so I get none, but the thought counts!

Jackbravo, repped as well. 3 questions.

1. How much camber does the bar have?
    2. Does the bar have knurling?
    3. If the answer to question 2 is yes, can you snap a photo?

Synthetickiller, hey I tried

Okay so you guys have really helped me a lot with these specialty bars. Typical for me I end up wanting all of them based on the positives of both. Just did a bit more research and have another to throw in the mix: Football/swiss bar, particularly the Rogue Heavy Duty Multi Grip MG-1 Bar.

I'm not going to go nuts and try and get them all at the same time and will have to space them out. Can you guys help me prioritize? Think in terms of versatility, uniqueness when compared to the bars I'd already have, etc. Also, both my wife and I experience shoulder pain while lifting at times so all 3 bars should benefit with that...

Regarding specialty bars, here is the order I am leaning towards in getting them:

1. EliteFTS SS Yoke (Saftey Squat) - Already purchased - arrives today!
    2. Rogue MG-1 Multi Grip
    3. Sorinex Diamond Bar (trap bar)
    4. Rogue or EliteFTS rackable cambered bar

Funny that I'm placing the multi grip bar ahead of the two in the OP but I'm thinking that one will initally offer the most versatility. It will help both my wife and I with shoulder pressing, bench, bent over rows, etc. b/c of shoulder issues. I know with the diamond bar you can do some of that too but neither my wife or I are that broad (thank God my wife isn't haha) so I'm thinking the closer neutral grips on the MG-1 may get a lot of use.

I suppose I could also use the MG-1 for DL's which would be similar to the diamond bar although the axel would be in front of you rather than centered.

As I type this I am now questioning if I go with the MG-1 next if I should then do the cambered bar instead of the diamond bar.

Ahh!!! Thoughts? Thanks again.

Registered User sheep2slaughter's Avatar
    sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheep2slaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have an EliteFTS SS Yoke Bar and am interested in getting another specialty bar. The yoke bar targets more of your anterior chain so I'm looking at the Sorinex Diamond Bar and a Rackable Cambered Bar to target the posterior chain.

Heavily leaning towards the diamond bar for DL's but also for shrugs, shoulder presses, etc. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for either considering the fact I have the SS Yoke? Assuming that will be pretty similar to the Cambered Bar and it would be better to diversify...

Thanks!
    I have the Sorinex Diamond Bar. Just my two cents but overall the bar wasn't the best value for me given that I have a football bar (for bench variation) and don't do a lot of standing/military press (where I could see the Dimaond bar would be a nice variation). My complaint more likely reflects weaknesses that I should correct, but I found a lot of forward and backward wiggle/lean with the bar so that the deadlift felt more like a forearm or grip movement trying to maintain the horizontal plane. I prefer the cheaper bars with the elevated handles but not sure if any of those are rackable. I won't sell the Diamond bar, but in retrospect I would have delayed purchase until I bought a few other things on the wish list.

MG-1 is a mixed bag. I have the EFS Multigrip swiss bar (Gen 1 version).

Here's the deal, because your palms face in (90 degrees from a normal grip), it's all triceps.

Football style bars help w/ wrist/grip issues, while still alleviating shoulder stress. Angle is everything. I love my swiss bar to death b/c it's one of the best bars for triceps/lockout work.

I'd rather buy the EFS Swiss Press Bar over the rogue. 4 grips, the closest being angled.

Dean's (black widow training gear) Football bar & multigrip press bar would be on the list. The prices are good. I'd probably want them to be knurled, but you don't have to. With BWTG, he can knurl whatever you want, where as you're stuck w/ only one design w/ Rogue/EFS.

BWTG football bar: $200, drop tested at 800 lb (good enough for me!)

BWTG Multi Grip Press bar: $270, 44 lb / 20kg

I know there's a few pics of this bar & the knurling is sick. I'll have to edit the post or add to everything later.

Thanks guys. Great suggestion about the EFS Swiss Press Bar (3 neutral grips, 1 inner angled grip). I think that may be the winner... but want to throw this out there:

Distance between grips:

EFS Swiss Press Bar - 8" angled from center, 17", 24", 30"

Rogue MG-1 - 5", 13", 21"

The Rogue has one less set of grips and the sets are closer together.

Once I eventually get a trap/hex/diamond bar, those grips look to be about 24" apart.

I like the EFS b/c the angled grips would be good for curls, variety, etc. plus the neutral grips are diff. widths. That's pretty cool although I could easily throw a pair of Fat Gripz on the other bar.

I am 5'10" lean, 170 pounds, and my wife is 5' on the nose, 100 pounds. Not your biggest frames I prefer the extra set of grips on the EFS plus the angled grips but am curious your thoughts on if I would be better of going with the Rogue b/c they are closer together? I mean what would I ever need to do with a 30" width on my grips?

Scratch that. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the EFS Swiss Press. Thanks for the suggestion Synthetickiller!

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)

it's 14.5"
    i think it's listed at 14" on the rogue site