Thread: Lowering weight

LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lowering weight

I have been watching some Elliot hulse (strengthcamp) videos today and he advised somebody in my exact position to lower the weight there using by a lot and keep at that weight for a while and "rep the sh*t out of it" over a couple of weeks so his central nervous system can learn the movement.

I know what that means but he advised him to drop from 220 to 135 (which is exactly what I would be doing.) is this necessary? If it is then I will happily drop to 135 so my CN can learn the correct movement pattern. But if it's not necessary what would you suggest?

Thanks guys for reading and helping.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    what lift are you talking about?

what position are you in?

I have no idea what you're talking about let alone what I would suggest.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry. I'm talking about the squat. I'm basically asking if I should lower my squat weight from 220 to 135 (like elliot hulse suggests) because since I've been using 200lbs and upwards my form has been poor. My arse is rising faster than my chest so I'm leaning over too much.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    If you can't squat properly, yeah you should lower the weight and learn how to squat.

I don't know what Elliot Hulse is suggesting, but sure.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

He is suggesting to drastically lower the weight so my central nervous system can learn how to squat properly.

I'll drop my weight by about 10-15kg and correct my form.

Thank you.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LJayD View Post
    He is suggesting to drastically lower the weight so my central nervous system can learn how to squat properly.

I'll drop my weight by about 10-15kg and correct my form.

Thank you.
    Doing sets of a million squats with the empty bar is not going to help your form very much with 250kg on the bar. Doing lighter training to help build technique is good, but don't take it to extremes, taking it down 15kg seems reasonable

Originally it almost sounded like were talking about actually do repouts, as in, sets of as many as you can do which with such a light weight is just going to lead to slop. Very few people can stay tight for 30 reps
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Doing sets of a million squats with the empty bar is not going to help your form very much with 250kg on the bar. Doing lighter training to help build technique is good, but don't take it to extremes, taking it down 15kg seems reasonable

Originally it almost sounded like were talking about actually do repouts, as in, sets of as many as you can do which with such a light weight is just going to lead to slop. Very few people can stay tight for 30 reps
    Ahhhhhh. I shall drop by 15kg and make sure when I increase the weight my form stays tight. Thank you. I would rep you but I have a rep power of 2.lol. Thanks any way.

ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThrowLiftSleep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you misinterpreted what Elliot said. In the video he states that it takes a lot (like 500?) of reps to engrave a position into your central nervous system. If you suck at squat form, you shouldn't drastically decrease the weight (I.E. 220 to 135) and just start over, more so go to a lesser weight (185, maybe) and just do lots of singles, triples, sets of 5. This is what we call technique/speed work. Medial percentage, low reps.
    Best Lifts: 405/255p/425
    All Raw

Just your average everyday smart-ass a-hole.

Originally Posted by ThrowLiftSleep View Post
    I think you misinterpreted what Elliot said. In the video he states that it takes a lot (like 500?) of reps to engrave a position into your central nervous system. If you suck at squat form, you shouldn't drastically decrease the weight (I.E. 220 to 135) and just start over, more so go to a lesser weight (185, maybe) and just do lots of singles, triples, sets of 5. This is what we call technique/speed work. Medial percentage, low reps.
    Yeah I think I did misinterpret what he said. I shall do some technique/speed work today. Thanks for your help. Once again I would rep but I've got to rep power.lol.