-MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000)

SNS Phenibut XT Review

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sns/phen.html

Thanks kingsjameskjf for choosing me to log this.

Here is a link to my log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=138220113

About me
    I have had a sleeping disorder for the past 20 months that has drained me mentally and physically. In the first 6 months I lost about 2 years worth of progress in my strength, conditioning and physique. I also have a very hard time focusing on anything and my short term memory has decreased significantly along with my ability to retain new information.
    I have used various natural and prescription sleep aids during this timespan and have had minimal success with any of them. Some helped me sleep but still left me feeling sick and unrested, others had no effect. My sleeping disorder prior to this log it not as bad as it used to be, however I still have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, and I constantly wake up early.

Dosing
    I started with 2 capsules 2-3 hours before my expected bedtime on an empty stomach. I upped the dose to 3 capsules after a couple weeks. I only took them on Mondays and Wednesdays hoping to get a good nights sleep before my 8am classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I also added low doses of melatonin a few weeks into the log which is explained below.
    My stimulant usage was limited to Focus XT Tuesday and Thursday mornings and preworkouts. I never used any stims on Monday or Wednesday to ensure that any sensitivity I may have didnt interfere with the Phenibut effects.

Results

Originally Posted by -MSR9889- View Post
    Goals and Expectations
    I am hoping to find a new product to pull me fall asleep and keep me asleep. I have seen many recommendations about phenibut but have never gotten around to trying it. My goals are to recomp as best I can while slowly improving my strength and endurance.
    Based on other user feedback, I expect to have an easier time falling asleep, staying asleep, and to wake up feeling refreshed. In turn, I also expect my energy, recovery, focus, strength and sense of well being to improve with my sleep as well.

Those were my expectations going into the log. I didnt really know what to expect going into the log having only heard anecdotally that Phenibut is a good sleep-aid.
    Initially, I was only taking the Phenibut to help me sleep, however I was still laying awake in bed for a long time before falling asleep. However I noticed early on that I was getting into a deeper sleep than usual, had more dreams, and was often abruptly awoken by my alarm. I typically wake up before my alarm and lay in bed until it goes off while trying to get a few more minutes of sleep.
    I began adding ~.8mg of melatonin about 30 minutes before my expected bedtime and began falling asleep much faster. I previously had not used it for several months. Combined with the Phenibut, most nights I was falling asleep faster and wasnt constantly waking up in the middle of the night or before my alarm. Almost every night I slept soundly and woke up groggy to my alarm.
    Over the course of this log I maintained my weight, gained a bit of definition in my stomach and arms, and added 15-30 lbs to my compound working sets for reps of 8-10. My list of supplements used and my training routine is shown in my log. I credit absolutely nothing to my DAA usage as I saw no significantly improved gains from it and no increase in quality of sleep, libido, mood or aggression while on it and no change after stopping.
    I cant say that I saw an improvement from 2 capsules to 3 capsules of Phenibut XT, but 3 capsules had a significant improvement on my sleep. Along with the melatonin, I was falling asleep faster and staying asleep the whole night. My mood has been a little up and down, but my sleep hasnt been this good in almost 2 years.

We think we know, that is our tragedy; so we never discover.

davidmfall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just want to warn you that although phenibut will help you sleep, it will eventually create different neuro-pathways in your brain that are dependent and expecting of phenibut to help you sleep. You will notice mood swings, intense paranoia, an inability to go more than a day or two without the stuff. Phenibut takes 3 hours or so to kick in, but it stays in your system to a capacity for about 32 hours. You will def notice after 8 hours or so that the main effects of phenibut are gone, but once it is all out of your system is when the withdrawal sets in. I know all of this from personal experience, and I have been going around the internet warning as many people as i possibly can. YOU WILL REGRET TAKING PHENIBUT. I ended up having organs removed from my body, which i believe are due to the severe withdrawal symptoms that put me in the emergency room twice.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by davidmfall View Post
    I just want to warn you that although phenibut will help you sleep, it will eventually create different neuro-pathways in your brain that are dependent and expecting of phenibut to help you sleep. You will notice mood swings, intense paranoia, an inability to go more than a day or two without the stuff. Phenibut takes 3 hours or so to kick in, but it stays in your system to a capacity for about 32 hours. You will def notice after 8 hours or so that the main effects of phenibut are gone, but once it is all out of your system is when the withdrawal sets in. I know all of this from personal experience, and I have been going around the internet warning as many people as i possibly can. YOU WILL REGRET TAKING PHENIBUT. I ended up having organs removed from my body, which i believe are due to the severe withdrawal symptoms that put me in the emergency room twice.
    This is a vastly overblown statement about what Phenibut ABUSE can do. No one here is advocating abuse. Sticking to the same dose on an ocassion or two per week will do no harm.

Thanks for the review btw OP, I realize I'm way late but I'm glad you were so honest and thorough about everything.

-MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by davidmfall View Post
    I didnt feel anything like this, nor did I dose it high enough or frequently enough to cause any problems. Maybe understand what youre using before you use it?
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    This is a vastly overblown statement about what Phenibut ABUSE can do. No one here is advocating abuse. Sticking to the same dose on an ocassion or two per week will do no harm.

Thanks for the review btw OP, I realize I'm way late but I'm glad you were so honest and thorough about everything.
    Thanks, I try to with all my reviews.
    We think we know, that is our tragedy; so we never discover.