TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Heavy weight lifting+HIIT+Clean eating. Lose fat w/o loss and gain of muscle?

heavy lifting 4x a week along with HIIT training for an hour 6x a week along with clean eating. Will this efficiently lower my body fat percentage with out gaining or losing my muscle? trying to get a V shape, just some fat left on the stomach area. Tried doing 5 mile runs and all those long cardio with clean eating, but it only turned me into a smaller version of my former self, not really targeting fat, and loss a lot of muscle.
    thanks

get ripped or die mirin' merlin1's Avatar
    merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) merlin1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You will not lose any real amount of muscle and/or lean body mass if you follow:
    a) heavy progressive resistance training
    b) adequate diet consisting of protein intake (1g/lb) and fat (.5g/lb+)
    c) make sure your calorie deficit is not too big. formula: (31 * lb of fat) = (CONSERVATIVE) ESTIMATE of max calorie deficit without muscle loss.

in your example, it looks like you are probably burning a significant amount of calories doing HIIT 6x a week and therefore probably in a deep caloric deficit, but since you did not provide any diet information we cannot give you a full answer. Since you said you had weight loss with muscle loss, you definitely had too drastic of a deficit unnecessarily and/or inadequate protein intake, you were burning muscle at a rapid pace.
    rep back

TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by merlin1 View Post
    You will not lose any real amount of muscle and/or lean body mass if you follow:
    a) heavy progressive resistance training
    b) adequate diet consisting of protein intake (1g/lb) and fat (.5g/lb+)
    c) make sure your calorie deficit is not too big. formula: (31 * lb of fat) = (CONSERVATIVE) ESTIMATE of max calorie deficit without muscle loss.

in your example, it looks like you are probably burning a significant amount of calories doing HIIT 6x a week and therefore probably in a deep caloric deficit, but since you did not provide any diet information we cannot give you a full answer. Since you said you had weight loss with muscle loss, you definitely had too drastic of a deficit unnecessarily and/or inadequate protein intake, you were burning muscle at a rapid pace.
    Oh I see, makes sense. My current diet :
    Morning 2x Egg w/ 100% wheat bagel + Fruit smoothie made w/ natural fruit and soy milk
    Snack on mostly veggies and fruits, sometimes with nuts every hour until 2-3 pm (Time when I workout & exercise)
    Whey Protein Shake after workout + Brown rice w/ veggies and chicken breast.
    snacking on veggies, chicken breast, and fruit till sleep.

Thats basically my diet and schedule. Protein shake is something I just added about week ago into my diet.

Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtrva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HIIT 6x a week is impossible to do correctly. Unless you're a pro athlete (and even then) it's impossible to maintain that level of cardio 6 days a week. I'd try 3 days a week, rest low intensity cardio to be able to recover from the HIIT

Originally Posted by Xtrva View Post
    HIIT 6x a week is impossible to do correctly. Unless you're a pro athlete (and even then) it's impossible to maintain that level of cardio 6 days a week. I'd try 3 days a week, rest low intensity cardio to be able to recover from the HIIT
    Oh ok, will give it a try this week. thanks

underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50) underpsi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You listed what you eat but not the amount of calories??? You are counting them, right?

admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    did you say HIIT for 1 hour? if yes then it's a bit too much or you are not doing it right. Do HIIT for 20min 3-4 times a week and moderate cardio the rest of the days. Eat well and rest well.

Originally Posted by underpsi View Post
    You listed what you eat but not the amount of calories??? You are counting them, right?
    Oh yeah, definitely. I'm eating small meals most of the time so I get around 1400-1600 a day calories.

@admirza last week did 30 min of HIIT heavy bag and 10 min of HIIT on treadmill 5x a week & Heavy lifting 4x a week. Thought I could crank it up abit ;/

gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think if you post some pics people will be able to give you better advice. Guys around here can eyeball BF% pretty well. Then tell you what you need to do.

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if your doing hitt keep carbs atleast moderate and protein high IMO

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is cardio x from the p90x series considered HIIT?

jhoko69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can any one tells what's body fat is
    And the best way to reduce it please