MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

not sure where to post this, what is the acceptable weight for my height (reps)

im 5'7, body type is probably between endomorph and mesomorph type. (not fat, just wide body which is good and bad lol)
    and im just wondering what a weight would be for an average guy with little to no mass at 18, im asking this because i want to know what a good starting point would be. apparently im under weight lol, but i still have some bf% to cut from the LOOKS of it.

im currently 64-65kg and recovered from a year long injury, i look skinny from what ive been told but i think i might just need to start running/lifting and then do a seirous routine like i used to? maybe the look of extra body fat is because i havent been as active as i once was?

also i just started lifting with basic exercises for two times so far to get my body back into the routine and i can already see huge changes in my stomach area just from doing some ab related exercise, not sure if its because of my diet now though. but yeah a rough estimate of a good starting point in weight would be great

CLIFFS:
    whats a good 'starting point' weight for a 5'7 guy that wants to get back in lifting and will be going full on with diet/exercise

thanks

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends upon your goals. If you want to bodybuild, you'll likely have more mass than is recommendable by BMI.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    It depends upon your goals. If you want to bodybuild, you'll likely have more mass than is recommendable by BMI.
    i want mass but i dont want to gain too much fat, which is why im thinking i should lose some weight (fat) before i start hitting the gym full on again.
    basically, i want lots of mass and quick.

so i guess yeah...i want to bodybuild. even if it means i'll gain some fat.
    what do you mean by i'll have more mass reccomended by BMI, ive heard that the system BMI isnt very accurate.
    i'll check now and update this post

EDIT: it says im 22.8 right in the middle of average/normal weight. which seems right.

do you think its possible after a year of injury (not even being able to run) that my body just looks unfit because of the lack of exercise?

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it really matters to you (not implying that it shouldn't btw!), you might want to get a proper BF% test. It'll cost a little bit, but it might be worth it to know, and have something to work from. Mind you, if you go this way, I'd suggest getting into calorie counting; the works. Nutrition forum ftw.

But yeah, I'd say it's likely you'd look a bit unfit, from being unfit. Not being facetious - after less than a year of various exercise, my body has completely changed, so hey, I has anecdotes.

And fwiw, 149 sounds okay, if light.

netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly, as long as your happy with what you see in the mirror is the main thing.
    I'm 5'7 too, I was the same weight as you when I started training. I'm 80kg now with about 14% bf

thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your basically same age, height and weights as me, so i guess we can relate to each other aha, cept for ive had no injuries

sorry if im being ignorant/havent read enough but i mean your asking for weights, for what exercise exactly?

i mean, for barbell curl im doing around 25kg, bench 80kg and so on..

if its helps aswell ive been doing weights for 3-4 months

Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    If it really matters to you (not implying that it shouldn't btw!), you might want to get a proper BF% test. It'll cost a little bit, but it might be worth it to know, and have something to work from. Mind you, if you go this way, I'd suggest getting into calorie counting; the works. Nutrition forum ftw.

But yeah, I'd say it's likely you'd look a bit unfit, from being unfit. Not being facetious - after less than a year of various exercise, my body has completely changed, so hey, I has anecdotes.

And fwiw, 149 sounds okay, if light.
    thanks for the info man. i have calipers but i think you and i are right....its the lack of fitness in the past year, i mean just 2-3 sessions of messing around with weights/exercises has done a decent amount of change already

and oh yeah when i start lifting seriously counting calories and all of that is a must if im determined for the best results.
    my friend who is a girl (dont judge just yet) two weeks back mentioned that i got skinny, keep in mind shes the type of girl that is like a guy, she lifts, does karate (black belt) and as a dikey type haha. she also has abs. and is gonna be a cop so i think i might just be out of shape

while i have clothes on i look skinny, but clothes off...im not satisfied, so i guess that puts me into skinny fat category...but from the looks of things it wont take long to change

now because this is the exercise area i had a question......
    whats the best cardio workout for legs/core also getting worked out.
    would doing that HIIT help? or should i just do running/sprints

its amazing how my body literally got shocked by a light workout the other day, so many muscles were sore the next day!
    love it!

Originally Posted by thyce View Post
    your basically same age, height and weights as me, so i guess we can relate to each other aha, cept for ive had no injuries

sorry if im being ignorant/havent read enough but i mean your asking for weights, for what exercise exactly?

i mean, for barbell curl im doing around 25kg, bench 80kg and so on..

if its helps aswell ive been doing weights for 3-4 months
    thats awesome haha, be glad you dont have any injurys bro use good form! (i lied earlier though, i still have that injury but its healed mostly but i am limited to only a few chest exercises, even lifting isnt safe IF i have bad form...which i dont) its a broken bone that won't heal by the way.

and nah bro your not ignorant, ive been writing a bit too much i think, i was relating weight as in my actual body weight not iron haha
    im just getting back into this again, any good chest exercises that arent on a flat bench?

Originally Posted by netopia View Post
    Honestly, as long as your happy with what you see in the mirror is the main thing.
    I'm 5'7 too, I was the same weight as you when I started training. I'm 80kg now with about 14% bf
    thats true man.
    i think just doing cardio/good diet/lift and my body will look fine in no time, then the real progress will begin.
    thats awesome haha, any tips in general when it comes to lifting? and how long have you been at it.

thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10) thyce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh right, err exercises for chest wise that arent on a flat bench, incline dumbbell or barbell press (i think dumbbell is better) which should target your upper chest, i always ache after doing this so id class it a good exercise.

tbh though presses give the most mass, you could do things such as wide press ups, dips, flys (which imo, are ****) and types of cable flys, which are more targetted for shaping your chest

netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrDelts View Post

thats true man.
    i think just doing cardio/good diet/lift and my body will look fine in no time, then the real progress will begin.
    thats awesome haha, any tips in general when it comes to lifting? and how long have you been at it.
    Advice, progressive resistance ftw. Eat loads.
    About 3 years, but the 1st year was a waste ha.
    All the usuall advice is solid, concentrate on your compounds, frequency > volume.
    Don't worry about irrelavent stuff like how to increase your wrist curls etc.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrDelts View Post
    i want mass but i dont want to gain too much fat, which is why im thinking i should lose some weight (fat) before i start hitting the gym full on again.
    basically, i want lots of mass and quick.

so i guess yeah...i want to bodybuild. even if it means i'll gain some fat.
    what do you mean by i'll have more mass reccomended by BMI, ive heard that the system BMI isnt very accurate.
    i'll check now and update this post

EDIT: it says im 22.8 right in the middle of average/normal weight. which seems right.

do you think its possible after a year of injury (not even being able to run) that my body just looks unfit because of the lack of exercise?
    Just start lifting and eating in a caloric surplus. Weight gain will come.

You're correct about BMI...it isn't applicable to bodybuilders/powerlifters. I'm overweight/obese by BMI...but I hardly look it.

As for the injury issue - absolutely. A year away from the gym can cause this.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Acceptable? I don't know, but if you're trying to be a weight lifter you should shoot for something like a 30 BMI with <15% bodyfat.