xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

abs.. Help please

How long does it take to build muscle tone in your abs? I know its obviously different for everyone but I have a flat stomach just need to build my muscles now and get that six pack toned look. Can anyone give me some really good ab workouts please? Mainly lower abs (area around belly button) but I need some good all over ab workouts :-) I know you can't spot tone body parts and I will be training my whole body and doing enough cardio to carry on burning fat but need good workouts for my ab days. Thanks.
    Last edited by xAFMFDSx; 02-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Registered User BrickShnitHouse's Avatar
    BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickShnitHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You seem very in shape by your stats, but I must say the most important aspect in getting visible six pack is diet and bodyfat. with that out of the way, abs are in my opinion simple. Since you want to isolate your lower abs you'll want to begin ab workouts with leg raises, reverse crunches, hip thrusts, and then the more challenging hanging leg raises.

Like you said you cant only isolate one part of your abs but you can fatigue your lower two abs much more with the above exercises.

Also very important is intensity. The abs are the fastest recovering muscles in the body. Sometimes resting even a few seconds after a set is enough to counter-act your progress. DO HIGH REPS, HIGH INTENSITY and dont take too long for your rests.

For references do 5 min of research on how to properly do the above exercises.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do very little direct ab work...maybe a couple times a month. I get plenty of core/ab work through heavy compound lifts. When I throw in ab work in I do, weighted rope crunch, floor wipers, ab wheel and leg lifts.

That's pretty much it.

It really comes down to lowering your body fat, which goes back to your diet.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you both :-)