berto11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I Need help! Tryin to help my beautiful gf out.

Long read, but please read! I need help broskis and brolettes!

Im in a bit of a pickle. My gf has decided she wants to loose weight (Even though she really doesn't need to IMHO) so she asked if I could help her out so I was more then happy to try and help her along. I recommended P90X for her due to the fact I have friend of mine that is a female that did it and had great results. Plus I havent heard to much negative feedback at all about the program. So I bought the dvds for her. So I got the workout part covered. What I need now is the diet portion. I would love to go to nutrition data and put her facts in and find out her caloric needs, carbs, protein, all that good stuff but I'm overseas and I'm not able to get access to alot of these calorie counting sites for some reason. Even proxies wont work. So I was wondering if someone would so kindly help me out by putting her information in on one of the sites and posting back a reply on this thread of what she needs. Calories, carbs, protein, all that good stuff again. Please help me out! Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread section btw. I do apolagiaze if that is the case!

These are her stats:
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 190
    I dont think I need anything else. If I do please tell me and I will add the required info.

louve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in a hurry right now and all I can share is this bit of info I saw a friend reading the other day

bodybuilding[dot]com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm (fix the url)

Can't really vouch for it but I do remember seeing a calculator for how many calories she's supposed to eat and a macro-nutrients calculator on there that would be useful. I'll try coming back later and actually writing up a post to help you out or at least read the article and vouch for it being what you want.

EDIT: I took a quick screenie of the how many calories she's supposed to eat and what amount of macro-nutrients she needs before I left but I still suggest reading that article first and browsing the forums as they already have plenty of useful info that will help you with what you want. BTW, I do believe those are the quantities she needs to maintain that weight, not lose any. She should try eating at a calorie deficit to begin losing some weight. 500- is a good place to start at.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by louve; 02-10-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it!

JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by berto11 View Post
    These are her stats:
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 190

I dont think I need anything else. If I do please tell me and I will add the required info.
    Wow... not trying to be mean or anything but at those stats, she's in serious need of a "put down the donut" regiment.
    She needs to stop eating so much, that's all.

Throw in some weight training if she also want to keep some of the muscle. There's plenty of beginner routines on here.
    Also, read the stickies.

Lol I don't take it personal it's all good. And well come to find out after asking her on FB she is actually 5'5. I just thought she was alot shorter for some reason. But yeah she is a little on the thick side but still is gorgeous as ever. I appreciate the advice on the weight training. I think P90x is a great program because it incorporates all types of movements including weight training. The diet is gonna be the hardest part for her though because she loves food. I gave her a list of healthy foods to pick up at the store and I just hope she follows through. Is it best to make her go cold turkey and completely cut her off from the bad stuff or is it better to make it a gradual type of decline on the bad foods?

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Check out the sticky on the nutrition forum - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921. No calculators needed. Just do the math. I can vouch for it. I personally have dropped 50 lbs.

Thank you very much! Great to here you lost 50 pounds to btw! That's great!

Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ohh man you are in a little bit of a pickle.. don't worry though she can easily shed those lbs easily... you just gotta get her on diet, workout routinely and stay dedicated! don't do p90x it'll bore the hell out of you.. instead go to the gym with her! help her do cardio and weight training... and right now I'm cutting and on a 1800calorie diet as seeing that that calculator said 2200calories maintenance.. NO..

i say let her begin at 1500-1700calories a day.. and if she loses to much energy and is exhausted all the time up it to 1800... no more.. I'm guessing her maintenance is probably around 2000-2200 not anymore.... even lower.. I'm no calculator.

anyways just make sure you go to the gym with her... you gotta stay dedicated as well...

it is much harder to lose weight by yourself than with a buddy trust me i know...

as long as you are there by her side doing the workouts with her, your just adding brownie points now

routine should probably look like

4-5times a week
    20-30min cardio 4-5 times a week
    45-1hour weightlifting 4-5 a week

AND GET RID OF ANY JUNK FOOD IN YOUR HOUSE
    i know its hard but it can be done... it was a challenge for myself at the beginning of my weight lose

kettle cook chips and pepsie were the food that if i saw em i eat em a llll!!!
    now i havnt ate 1 chip for 2years but i occasionally drink diet pepsi/coke

I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND YOUR GIRL GOODLUCK AS WELL, I HOPE SHE ACHIEVES HER GOALS AND I HOPE TO HERE GOOD OF THIS WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR!!!!
    ***Misc Lean Bulk Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

I appreciate the support Comboking! Howeer I am currently serving in Afghanistan and she is back in the states! I will definitely be going to the gym with her when I get back. She got jealous that I was working out over here and got jealous and decided to make the decision to start losing weight. She absolutely hates going to the gym cause she has no motivation and feels insecure in the gym if no one is there beside her. So I got her P90X cause she requested it after she saw all the results of people on youtube and also the result of a friend of mine that previuosly did P90X. She says she is committed to doing it so I just hope she means it cause those DVDs were not cheap lol. I will definitely look into the 1500-1700 calorie a day system. What do you recommend in terms of how much protein, carbs, fat, etc she needs if you dont mind goin into detail.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look at the sticky gwnorth pointed you to. Read it and reread it again until you are clear. I don't know - 1500-1700 sounds low to me, but you'll have to do the calculations yourself as I could be wrong. I am four inches shorter and probably 80 pounds lighter than she is and I'd probably cut at 1600, and I'm older than she is as well. Seriously, do the calculations to find her maintenance and subtract 10-20% from that. You don't want to start too low. If you start too low, you have nowhere to go. She needs to track and weigh/measure everything. Eating "about" a certain number of calories isn't going to work. She needs to know for sure what she is taking in. Otherwise, she's going to be spinning her wheels. Tell her to get an account on livestrong, myfitnesspal, or some other calorie counting/tracking site and buy a kitchen scale. It's all in the sticky, but she should shoot for 1g protein per pound, .3g fat per pound. As long as she hits those minimums, she can then fill her calories and macros up however she wishes. She just needs to make sure she's getting enough protein and fat.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Comboking View Post
    ohh man you are in a little bit of a pickle.. don't worry though she can easily shed those lbs easily... you just gotta get her on diet, workout routinely and stay dedicated! don't do p90x it'll bore the hell out of you.. instead go to the gym with her! help her do cardio and weight training... and right now I'm cutting and on a 1800calorie diet as seeing that that calculator said 2200calories maintenance.. NO..

i say let her begin at 1500-1700calories a day.. and if she loses to much energy and is exhausted all the time up it to 1800... no more.. I'm guessing her maintenance is probably around 2000-2200 not anymore.... even lower.. I'm no calculator.

anyways just make sure you go to the gym with her... you gotta stay dedicated as well...

it is much harder to lose weight by yourself than with a buddy trust me i know...

as long as you are there by her side doing the workouts with her, your just adding brownie points now

routine should probably look like

4-5times a week
    20-30min cardio 4-5 times a week
    45-1hour weightlifting 4-5 a week

AND GET RID OF ANY JUNK FOOD IN YOUR HOUSE
    i know its hard but it can be done... it was a challenge for myself at the beginning of my weight lose

kettle cook chips and pepsie were the food that if i saw em i eat em a llll!!!
    now i havnt ate 1 chip for 2years but i occasionally drink diet pepsi/coke

I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND YOUR GIRL GOODLUCK AS WELL, I HOPE SHE ACHIEVES HER GOALS AND I HOPE TO HERE GOOD OF THIS WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR!!!!

1) He mentioned he's overseas so he can't go to the gym with her

2) You would be incorrect as her maintenance is actually closer to 2,500 cals. Cut 500 cals a day = 2,000 cals/day for 1 lb loss per week. Not 1500 calories. Trust me, you go too low and her body will NOT be happy. It will throw her hormones way out of whack. She didn't put the weight on overnight and it won't come off that way either.

3) I don't disagree with the workout recommendation (except that I would limit weights to 3-4 x week) but the reality is the majority of the weight loss is going to come from diet. If P90x is going to get her active then that's fine. Many women find weight training intimidating, especially when they have significant amounts of weight to lose. If she doesn't feel comfortable going to the gym on her own, the P90x is a step in the right direction.

Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by berto11 View Post
    I appreciate the support Comboking! Howeer I am currently serving in Afghanistan and she is back in the states! I will definitely be going to the gym with her when I get back. She got jealous that I was working out over here and got jealous and decided to make the decision to start losing weight. She absolutely hates going to the gym cause she has no motivation and feels insecure in the gym if no one is there beside her. So I got her P90X cause she requested it after she saw all the results of people on youtube and also the result of a friend of mine that previuosly did P90X. She says she is committed to doing it so I just hope she means it cause those DVDs were not cheap lol. I will definitely look into the 1500-1700 calorie a day system. What do you recommend in terms of how much protein, carbs, fat, etc she needs if you dont mind goin into detail.
    not to familiar with female macros but my guess is 150gcarbs 60g fat and 140-160protien should be sufficient

and this is not to sink your boat or anything but i seriously don't think p90x would work... p90x needs you to workout everyday for an hour.. and if your just beginning and is a lil overweight like your girl it will be tougher and can take upwards of 2hours... which i don't see many beginners committing to..
    if its possible tell her to go to a all ladies gym or go with a friend

I've had many friends do p90x or said they would.... they would always say they wanted to do it because of the results they say and they never got to it... I've also had one friend that got pretty toned using p90x but with very minimal strength and mass gains...

she is probably better off buying a treadmill or just walking an hour a day than p90x... plus it will just be so much harder for her if your not there.. since she will have no one telling her not to eat this or that and no one will be there to push her to go workout...

if you have to, if you find a good routine and diet, make sure you contact her everyday and ask her if she is following her diet and if she is going to the gym.. you have to be the motivator in this situation even though your 16hours away..
    it may be pretty hard to contact her everyday(idk how army schedule are..)
    But i highly recommend not to do p90x because i really don't think she will start it at all just because she is already unmotivated to go to the gym...
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

Originally Posted by gwnorth View Post

2) You would be incorrect as her maintenance is actually closer to 2,500 cals. Cut 500 cals a day = 2,000 cals/day for 1 lb loss per week. Not 1500 calories. Trust me, you go too low and her body will NOT be happy. It will throw her hormones way out of whack. She didn't put the weight on overnight and it won't come off that way either.
    i was just wondering how this works as I'm 190lbs 6,2 and my maintenance is around 2200-2400
    I'm on a cut eating 1800-2000calories a day, plus workout 6-7days a week
    how could a females be higher than a male of the same weight...
    don't get mad at me or anything but i just thought females would eat less to my experience as i have many female friends that dont eat much and don't lose weight and some are overweight swell
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gwnorth View Post
    1) He mentioned he's overseas so he can't go to the gym with her

3) I don't disagree with the workout recommendation (except that I would limit weights to 3-4 x week) but the reality is the majority of the weight loss is going to come from diet. If P90x is going to get her active then that's fine. Many women find weight training intimidating, especially when they have significant amounts of weight to lose. If she doesn't feel comfortable going to the gym on her own, the P90x is a step in the right direction.
    Ok, glad I'm not the only one who thought 1500-1700 was too low. I'm not good at coming up with a number off the top of my head so I'm glad you confirmed it for the OP.

I know a lot of people who swear by P90X. It's not for me, but if it is something she is going to do and stick with, I'm sure she will get results.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

gwnorth, Comboking, and Danigirl. I beleive I now have all the information I need, especially thanks to gwnorth I appreciate all of your help and am very grateful. Thank you again and God bless!

Originally Posted by Comboking View Post
    i was just wondering how this works as I'm 190lbs 6,2 and my maintenance is around 2200-2400
    I'm on a cut eating 1800-2000calories a day, plus workout 6-7days a week
    how could a females be higher than a male of the same weight...
    don't get mad at me or anything but i just thought females would eat less to my experience as i have many female friends that dont eat much and don't lose weight and some are overweight swell
    The numbers come from using an online calculator and is based on the assumption that she would be working out 3-5 days a week. Those numbers have worked well for me.

BTW - you might be interested to know that my maintenance at 5'3" and 128 lbs is 2100 cals per day. No way is that yours at your stats. Your maintenance estimate based on your stats and activity level is at the very least 3,000 cals per day and possibly as high as 3,367. Eating 1800-2000 cals a day is way too low. I certainly hope your goal is not muscle gain because that's never going to happen eating as few calories as you do.

Another point, macros for men and women are no different

Protein - 1-1.25g per lb of body weight
    Fat - .45-1g per lb of body weight
    Carbs - whatever is left over

As for your overweight friends who seem to hardly eat anything and can't lose weight, either a) they're eating far more than they think or b) they've crashed thier metabolisms because they don't eat enough.

You (and they) would do well to take a look at the sticky I mentioned above on the nutrition forum.

Best of luck

ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000) ILoveTrance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ec stack + proper nutrition + exercise = the way to go good luck, and dont forget to support her.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ILoveTrance View Post
    ec stack + proper nutrition + exercise = the way to go good luck, and dont forget to support her.
    She doesn't need an EC stack! But yes, I agree with the rest of that