mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Personal Trainer certificate?

Hi all
    i have been wanting to be Personal Trainer for a long time but never took the step to actually do it, i need to know how hard it is to find a job at a gym and how much money should i expect in the first few months, i have been told that NASM is one of the best but also kind of hard?

really appreciated

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love NASM. They have a great video tutorial and compared to others like ACE and ISSA of which I have several *****, I'd definitely go with NASM. NASM is harder than the others, but not nearly as hard as say, ACSM or CSCS.

Since none are state regulated, all have their own difficulties but imho, getting a cert is just saying you know the very basics. Gotta keep learning more and be better prepped than the other trainers out there that do it for a phase. But I'd go with NASM for sure as your first.

Fit4MMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sicshift, impressive credentials 7 different personal training type *****... Let me start by saying I BELIEVE in continued education ... I think you should keep learning and stay on top of your game, but am I the only one that sees its a business for the people selling the certifications? Everyone understands they are locking you into paying them as long as you want to be a personal trainer right? Does your state licensing laws require CEUs to renew your license? Maybe I'm jaded but I did the ISSA CFT, ISSA nutrition, MMACA certified mma coach, lol and just completed a sports hypnosis CEUs wtf?? I'm interested in a personal training certification that does not require you to continuously pay them money. PEOPLE ISSA, NESTACERTIFIED, They are in business to make money off YOU.. open discussion, no hate posts. Tell me your view.

Cliffs : I believe in CEUs
    I want a cert that does not require CEUs
    I'd rather read books that improve my training instead of paying for sports hypnosis to satisfy CEUs
    angry @ the business model of big 5

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have been looking into this also since my gi bill started paying for *****

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Fit4MMA View Post
    Sicshift, impressive credentials 7 different personal training type *****... Let me start by saying I BELIEVE in continued education ... I think you should keep learning and stay on top of your game, but am I the only one that sees its a business for the people selling the certifications? Everyone understands they are locking you into paying them as long as you want to be a personal trainer right? Does your state licensing laws require CEUs to renew your license? Maybe I'm jaded but I did the ISSA CFT, ISSA nutrition, MMACA certified mma coach, lol and just completed a sports hypnosis CEUs wtf?? I'm interested in a personal training certification that does not require you to continuously pay them money. PEOPLE ISSA, NESTACERTIFIED, They are in business to make money off YOU.. open discussion, no hate posts. Tell me your view.

Cliffs : I believe in CEUs
    I want a cert that does not require CEUs
    I'd rather read books that improve my training instead of paying for sports hypnosis to satisfy CEUs
    angry @ the business model of big 5
    Hey man, I fully agree with you in many aspects and let me explain some of my redundant *****...

(NOTE: Apparently C E R T S is considered bad language and blocked out)

Originally, I was certified by ISSA when I was like 18. I'm 33 now. ISSA wasn't well respected (it's actually based out of my hometown and friends work there) and I don't really respect them either. When I was searching for jobs, I found that NASM was more recognized so I got certified through them. The other CPT ***** I got, because I was working at 24 Hour Fitness and they paid more for more ***** and paid for those *****. They're a breeze to go through once you've done a few, so I got the ACE and another to up my pay grade. The corrective exercise I wanted and helped a lot. But yeah, most ***** are just B.S. to be honest.

I had a mentor for PT at 15 years old and spent my life in this area learning and learning. Certifications really don't mean anything since they aren't yet state regulated and monitored. It's very much like getting your black belt. People think it means you're an expert, but your first black belt just shows you mastered the basics.

-----

As far as CEU's, Eh F*** em. I haven't seen any that challenge me in any way. It's just a a way for them to make money. You can get all this education online and through proper research and learning. Also, clients never check if you're expired or not and it doesn't matter. I keep at least 1 or 2 ***** current so I can keep my insurance going but in my experience, I did get more clients at the big gyms from having more ***** than others, especially the nutrition cert.

Privately though, it's all about meeting the person and the initial conversation and showing you're not some newb.