flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flabtofab1230 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"FAT" girl in small body! HELP!!!!

I feel fat. I feel gross. I'm 5'4" and weigh approximately 135lbs and am not at all happy with my appearance in clothes, let alone naked. Can't complain about it if you're not going to do anything about it, right?! I went for a breast reduction consult and inquired about a little lipo in my trouble areas. Learned real quick that I'm not a candidate for lipo because I have too much lose skin on the tummy. I have 2 babies. One is almost 13 yrs old and the other is 14 Months. (Love them!) I qualify for my insurance to cover a breast reducation, but the amount they would need to take makes me nervous I won't like the outcome. One of the diagnosis they used on the claim for insurance was an OBESITY diagnosis. What?!?! How can that be? I am realizing I am a "fat" girl in a small person's body. Ouch. Harsh reality looking me back in the face.

And, so my journey to transform THE HARD WAY begins. It seems like I have a long way to go. I'd love to hear from others who has made a transformation, who can provide support and encouragement. I can't wait to see my own after pics...........For now, I'll work on staying focused at the task on hand. I know this journey will not be easy..................support group needed for the days ahead!

bvincentelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are a beautiful woman with a little bit of fat. You don't need lipo or any other surgery, just cut back on the calories a little and lift weights and your body will shed off those extra pounds, no need to get drastic. Many people (specially women) always think they look worse than they really are.

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This edition of "We Mirin" might give you a little boost. There's lots and lots of inspiring folks around here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/we-m...al-change.html

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Busymom916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And your journey begins.. Keep focused and 100% dedicated to the most important person in your life, Yourself. It will be tough, you will be sore, tired, maybe cry, but, never give up. Most important is have a meal plan, excrcise plan, and healthy snacks in case of emergency. Hold off on that breast reduction, since Janurary I went from a 38 DD to a 34 B. Never knew how much I loved having cleavage, until it was gone .
    I look forward to watching your transformation and you facing off with your inner beast!

Thankful for my gratitude TomNotNatalie's Avatar
    TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by flabtofab1230 View Post
    I feel fat. I feel gross. I'm 5'4" and weigh approximately 135lbs and am not at all happy with my appearance in clothes, let alone naked. Can't complain about it if you're not going to do anything about it, right?! I went for a breast reduction consult and inquired about a little lipo in my trouble areas. Learned real quick that I'm not a candidate for lipo because I have too much lose skin on the tummy. I have 2 babies. One is almost 13 yrs old and the other is 14 Months. (Love them!) I qualify for my insurance to cover a breast reducation, but the amount they would need to take makes me nervous I won't like the outcome. One of the diagnosis they used on the claim for insurance was an OBESITY diagnosis. What?!?! How can that be? I am realizing I am a "fat" girl in a small person's body. Ouch. Harsh reality looking me back in the face.

And, so my journey to transform THE HARD WAY begins. It seems like I have a long way to go. I'd love to hear from others who has made a transformation, who can provide support and encouragement. I can't wait to see my own after pics...........For now, I'll work on staying focused at the task on hand. I know this journey will not be easy..................support group needed for the days ahead!
    Don't get breast reduction, your breasts will get smaller naturally if you lose some bodyfat. Make a real change and effort in your life to just lose fat and get fitter before considering things like liposuction.
    Last edited by TomNotNatalie; 10-06-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    Weak Ass Lifts:
    Bench Press: 85kg (188) x 2
    Deadlift: 160kg (353) x 1
    ATG Squat: 116kg (256) x 1 (Heels on 10kg plates = awkward, terrible balance, pain and damage to the knees every time, constantly.)

Bone spurs in the ankle joint crew. Flexibility hours a day but still can't bend at my knees crew.

Who was moon shoes? Ask me and we can go on a journey together.

Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ahri22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For your height and weight you are NOT obese, your doctors probably used that on the form in order to get your insurance to pay out for the breast reduction surgery, or something! (Just plug your data into a BMI calculator if you're at all worried, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to be in the normal range, if not quite close to it).

The reason you can't get lipo is because if you did, the loose skin would just look worse. If you lose the fat naturally (and more slowly) it gives the skin a better chance to tighten up (although with baby bellies, who knows how much tighter it will get??). In the case of loose skin, you're better off getting a tummy tuck than lipo (but that's ONLY if the skin doesn't tighten after you lose the fat).

You just need to focus on lifting weights for strength and shape, and on cutting down some of your fat. It's a process MANY of us have been through, or are still going through, and it's hard work, but ultimately gets better results than lipo ever could!