Racheya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Obsessed with Workout Clothes

I can't be the only one obsessed with workout clothes, surely. Especially since I've been weight training over the last 9 months or so, my workout wardrobe has increased massively in size.

At the moment I have:
    - 5 general purpose training tops
    - 3 workout vests
    - 3 3/4 length sweat pants
    - 5 3/4 length tights
    - 3 pairs of shorts
    - 1 good sports bra

(I don't go any longer than 3/4 length because at my height, full length just doesn't work.

None of them are super high quality or anything, the best thing is probably my £20 nike sports bra and £17 New Balance tights I bought very recently. I don't know how many people are from the UK, but I buy everything at Sports Direct because it's all ridiculously cheap. I just found a workout vest I like there, only £3.50. I already have two but I want to buy more. I have 3 pairs of the same sweat pants in different colours because they were less than £5.

I keep thinking that I'll reward myself when I reach a goal by getting something new, but I'm just obsessed. It's like working out has opened up a whole new world of clothes shopping I can do. Am I just mad? I think so...

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I keep mine simple.

- 14 of the same sports bra (various colors)
    - 12 pairs of same shorts (grey or black)
    - 12 pairs of socks (white or black)

I don't like having to do wash more than once a week and I sometimes will end up going to the gym twice a day.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50) LizzyBrazil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My gallery kind of shows how I go to the GYM.

I fancy up for it and I'm proud of it :P

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I keep it simple cut off t's and a pair of shorts. Unless I get it for free I dont see the point in buying things that you're just going to get sweaty in just my opinion.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Idunno, the longer I've been training the less of a ish I seem to give about my workout attire lol. Any ratty old tank top or tshirt and $5 pair of cotton shorts/sweats will do. I'm not trying to spend $100 on yoga pants at lululemon.

For my regular wardrobe... well... that's another matter entirely

Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just have a general clothes obsession...

Two long full length pants
    Two 3/4 length, one grey, one black and pink
    Two sports bras
    Two workout tees
    Two tanks
    Two jackets
    Two pairs of nikes
    Two skirts
    Two shorts

I go to the gym about every day but my parents tease me about it all the time. I just like variety in my wardrobe.

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    I keep mine simple.

- 14 of the same sports bra (various colors)
    - 12 pairs of same shorts (grey or black)
    - 12 pairs of socks (white or black)

I don't like having to do wash more than once a week and I sometimes will end up going to the gym twice a day.
    This is basically me except add 12 pairs of Nikes to the list (to match each outfit).
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

anonymous
    Because I wear scrubs/all black at my jobs, I tend to go crazy with color in the rest of my wardrobe, especially my workout gear. Neon anything, crazy patterns, color shoes - I look like I am radioactive most of the time, but it makes me happy. And since my budget is extremely limited, I shop mostly at TJ Maxx - they have a great selection, good quality and prices. I like sweating in style

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hm i thought i was 'obsessed' with workout clothes.

- two pairs of shorts (loose / tight)
    - one pair of running tights
    - two sleeveless tanks
    - one long-sleeved running shirt
    - four sports bras (two of them crappy)
    - two sports jackets
    - two swimming costumes (one / two piece)
    - one pair running shoes
    - one pair flat gym shoes
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have one pair of very old shorts - they used to belong to my daughter. Had to restitch them because they were falling apart. Old singlets to match lol

It's interesting to see the two different ends of the spectrum - I think I just love buying cheap clothes (because I can get loads of different colours) and like looking good when I go to the gym

Yet a fluffy MarshMallow Ma110W's Avatar
    Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like colorful short shorts and tight sports bras to match. Usually a black racer back tank (from walmart.) I buy all of my clothes on sale. I refuse to pay full price(minus the walmart shirts, they're cheap enough) for expensive work out clothes. I like feeling cute or color coordinated, but really I just like being able to see my muscles work while I'm working out.

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it's silly only having one sports bra. If I could I would have seven. Currently have four. Only two are high impact worthy. Generally I do yoga pants/capri's and workout tanks.

At one point before my dog ate them all I had four yoga pants wiht the fold over waist and two racerback tanks..and t-shirts, lots of t-shirts.

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NOw that I work out at home it's a pair of underwear, sports bra and my new balances. NO SHAME.

oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10) oneyeti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheAmazon View Post
    NOw that I work out at home it's a pair of underwear, sports bra and my new balances. NO SHAME.
    hahah this is me exactly and i am from texas too , it's too hot out here to wear pants if i don't "have to" !!

Otherwise if I go out I do just work out in random clothes - I go to academy and buy athletic shorts or athletic dry fit shirts for 3 dollars each on clearance.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have quite a collection of workout tanks, shorts, and sports bras, however I wear those things for a lot more than just gym. Need the sports bras for work, yes doing physical stuff all day so I must make sure I don't accidentally poke someone's eye out. I change into shorts and tanks when I get home from work and if I'm not going out anywhere, excellent napping clothes SRS, my ass likes to be in the ultimate comfort of nice soft UA shorts when I nap on the couch haha. I do like getting different colored bras and tanks too since I wear work clothes so often, I feel so much better when I get to wear my own friggin' clothes. BRB tight cut tank tops and baggy basketball shorts all year long, brb crank heat to 76 in December, brb comfortable as fark.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

daniellissima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love workout clothes, and would spend a lot of money on them if I let go of my self control a little. I have some stuff from Lululemon, but lately I've been buying more online from discount sites. I really like brightly colored funky running tights type capris, and usually I'll just wear a plain black or grey tank top with them so I don't look like a clown. I have 4 pairs of black workout crop pants too, for those days I don't feel like standing out.

Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have quite the collection of workout clothes going in the short amount of time I've been acquiring. But I dont have any sports bras cause I hate bra shopping. But, I kinda need some. Instead I have:

5 Moisture wicking tank tops
    5 sets of shorts
    1 moisture wicking tights
    1 long sleeve moisture wicking shirt

I only have one pair of bike/workout specific shoes. I use a couple other pairs of nikes for non bike exercise like walking the dog. Then I've got a few sets of lazing around basketball type shorts to pair with cotton tees for the post workout meal and lying about.

I always find myself needing more though. I'm fine on shorts and tanks for now but I definitely want another set of long tights and some sports bras. I'm a sucker for nike gear too but I never buy it at full price. I wait for clearance sales to look good.
    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

My sponsored PROMERA LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158699393

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156860133

Stronger. Better. Faster. Everyday.

Glad to see some people are as obsessed as me I'm actually going into town today to do a little bit of shopping because I haven't been feeling great for the last few days and a bit of retail therapy might just help - especially if I get something new to workout this weekend in.

Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana8543 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Racheya View Post
    Glad to see some people are as obsessed as me I'm actually going into town today to do a little bit of shopping because I haven't been feeling great for the last few days and a bit of retail therapy might just help - especially if I get something new to workout this weekend in.
    Obsessed too.

10 sportsbras
    5 shorts
    4 capris
    4 yoga pants
    8 tanks
    4 pairs sneakers

I do workout 2 times somedays, or run then lift so I have to change between.

And I want MOAR.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because of my busy schedule I can only do laundry on weekends, so I keep enough gym clothes to last me the whole week. Since during the week I exercise in the gym at work, I don't bare my stomach and don't wear short. I like to coordinate top and bottom, but I usually gravitate toward the same few colors: black, blue, red. I have 2 pairs of training shoes, one to pair to go with red and one with blue.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Michelle1028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michelle1028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Because of my busy schedule I can only do laundry on weekends, so I keep enough gym clothes to last me the whole week. Since during the week I exercise in the gym at work, I don't bare my stomach and don't wear short. I like to coordinate top and bottom, but I usually gravitate toward the same few colors: black, blue, red. I have 2 pairs of training shoes, one to pair to go with red and one with blue.
    You are most certainly NOT alone. I have about a dozen sports bras (of various colours), above the same amount of shirts, a plethora of pants (both capris and full length) as well as about 5 different pairs of trainers. I only wear one or two specific ones to the gym, however...But yeah. You are definitely not that bad...

If I could I'd always wear gym clothes, but unfortunately I have to dress formally for work v_V On the bright side..I get to look forward to my trips to the gym after work or to getting home and changing into my workout gear.

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Call me metro, but I'm the same way. Nothing kills my workout more, than if I feel like I look like crap. Look good, feel good.. workout good? Yep, sounds about right.

daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daisygirl713 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    last summer, i got obsessed with my workout clothes, too. every time i went into winners, i would check for new yoga pants to buy, lol! it became a problem.
    my favorite finds were two pairs of nike workout leggings, and calvin klein yoga pants & shorts. the CK pairs have a great material combo of stretch and spandex, whereas the nike leggings are unbelievably light and breathable. both are great!
    also, surprisingly, i ended up finding three great sports bras at old navy on sale for i think $10 each, and three cute striped workout tanks from gap for $6 each!

luckily, i got my buying obsession out of my system, as i haven't bought any new workout clothes in a while [my wallet is happy, lol].
    7:1

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    Call me metro, but I'm the same way. Nothing kills my workout more, than if I feel like I look like crap. Look good, feel good.. workout good? Yep, sounds about right.
    It costs me the same exact money to buy tops and bottoms that match and that fit me well than to buy crap, and it takes me the same exact time to put them on. So why go with sloppy clothes?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinCoffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not big on fitness wear or the colours it comes in generally, but my workout wardrobe is:

2x cheap black 3/4 length tights... one pair has some holes.. probably should ditch soon.
    2x pairs black fleece tracksuit pants (it's cold at 5am)
    2x bras
    4x pairs sport socks
    1x nike hoodie
    2x pairs of shoes - runners and ones with flat soles i wear for deads.

and as far as shirts go, I wear an old crappy band singlet/t-shirt, my musclepharm tshirt, or just a plain black singlet.

do washing heaps though, kinda sucks until i remember how much expensive gym clothing I didn't have to buy.