Closed Thread
Page 271 of 322 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 9646
    RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I haven't had peanut brittle in a long time. I'm not a huge fan but done right, it's pretty damn delicious.

I made some bourbon pecan kahlua chocolate tarts that are beyond words. It's supposed to be a pie, which I made a couple years ago, but the tarts at 100x better.

I'll also be making a triple batch of my Christmas Tree Bark this year and giving it out to friends.

I think I might make the tarts and the bark my specialty.

I dropped off a tin of goodies each for Kadyn's teacher and her TA. They told me if I keep it up, they won't let Kadyn move on from Kindergarten. (I've already taken in Chai cupcakes and my cookie trifecta. I think I might be their favorite mom. )
    DAYUM!!!

"Be stronger than your vagina"

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I cannot stop laughing. I laugh every time. I suppose I should cry every time, but I just don't.

Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I cannot stop laughing. I laugh every time. I suppose I should cry every time, but I just don't.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Simpy again.
    DAYUM!!!

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Speaking of Christmas shopping, I've a wee bit of a conundrum. My eldest sister is gravely ill, receiving palliative care at home now. She cannot speak, but she can write, so when I visit her, she writes and I talk. She wrote yesterday that she hasn't done her Christmas shopping and does know how she will. Dummy me, I just said "Oh don't worry about it - delegate!" (Trying desperately to be positive and light-hearted.)

Then I got home, and realised that I can do her shopping for her! She has a husband, three grown children and a son-in-law. I know the types of gifts she has bought them in the past, and I'm pretty confident I can pick the right gifts for all of them.

Then this thought occurred to me: What if she doesn't want me picking gifts for her kids? I really ought to have told her to write out a list and I could go shopping for her. She is, you see, fiercely independent and is still fighting this blasted cancer every step of the way. And, in this final stage, she seems to be clinging to any kind of control she can get. For example, she doesn't want people popping by - she wrote "I keep my own appointments, please and thank you!".

So I'm a bit worried she'll be upset with me. The trouble is, I can't call her (she doesn't speak), and I can't talk to her husband about it because that would ruin the surprise.

I know she is probably very fussed about not having done any shopping. She's like that. She thinks of everyone before herself.

And so my plan is, to shop, bring her gifts, and tell her I can exchange the lot if she wants. She lives a bit of a distance from me, so I only see her at weekends.

I hope I'm doing the right thing.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    Speaking of Christmas shopping, I've a wee bit of a conundrum. My eldest sister is gravely ill, receiving palliative care at home now. She cannot speak, but she can write, so when I visit her, she writes and I talk. She wrote yesterday that she hasn't done her Christmas shopping and does know how she will. Dummy me, I just said "Oh don't worry about it - delegate!" (Trying desperately to be positive and light-hearted.)

Then I got home, and realised that I can do her shopping for her! She has a husband, three grown children and a son-in-law. I know the types of gifts she has bought them in the past, and I'm pretty confident I can pick the right gifts for all of them.

Then this thought occurred to me: What if she doesn't want me picking gifts for her kids? I really ought to have told her to write out a list and I could go shopping for her. She is, you see, fiercely independent and is still fighting this blasted cancer every step of the way. And, in this final stage, she seems to be clinging to any kind of control she can get. For example, she doesn't want people popping by - she wrote "I keep my own appointments, please and thank you!".

So I'm a bit worried she'll be upset with me. The trouble is, I can't call her (she doesn't speak), and I can't talk to her husband about it because that would ruin the surprise.

I know she is probably very fussed about not having done any shopping. She's like that. She thinks of everyone before herself.

And so my plan is, to shop, bring her gifts, and tell her I can exchange the lot if she wants. She lives a bit of a distance from me, so I only see her at weekends.

I hope I'm doing the right thing.
    Since she can write, I assume she can email? If so, why don't you email and ask if she'd like for you to pick up the gifts? She may ask her husband to shop for the boys, but I'm sure she'd rather you shop for the husband. Either way, an act of kindness that is from the heart and seeks no glory is always the right thing to do, even if unappreciated.

Also, God bless your sister and her will to live and live by her own rules.

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Since she can write, I assume she can email? If so, why don't you email and ask if she'd like for you to pick up the gifts? She may ask her husband to shop for the boys, but I'm sure she'd rather you shop for the husband. Either way, an act of kindness that is from the heart and seeks no glory is always the right thing to do, even if unappreciated.

Also, God bless your sister and her will to live and live by her own rules.
    Exactly this.
    DAYUM!!!

Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post
    Exactly this.
    I should be a life coach.

I should be a life coach.
    You should call yourself The People Whisperer.

The amount of cuddles happening around here today is probably illegal in most states.

We're ALL cuddles and giggles around here. It's pretty awesome.
    DAYUM!!!

Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post
    You should call yourself The People Whisperer.

The amount of cuddles happening around here today is probably illegal in most states.

We're ALL cuddles and giggles around here. It's pretty awesome.
    That title might just catch on.

And I would love some cuddles. Jack was pretty snuggley this morning when I woke him up for school. He's getting so big, though.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Aw thanks gals!

My sister, unfortunately, is even more of a techno-peasant than I am. They have a computer in the house, but it's a desktop, not a laptop, and she's confined to her bed. But my mom was going over today to see her, so I asked my mom to run it by her and see if there's anything in particular she wants me to pick up for her.

I worked with a woman who was a life coach in her spare time. She was very exuberant. Everytime a colleague said "Hi, how are you" (just in passing in the corridor - the kind of insincere how-are-you people at the office say before they've had their coffee), she would shout, "Excellent! Just super!". Cracked me up. "Super!"
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

I love my job. The only problem with it is that I make crap money. Ok, not crap money, but not good money. I'm starting to get annoyed by the fact that I have several key work partners across campus that make a significant amount more than I do and they are flat-out IDIOTS. I have to do so much of their work because they aren't competent enough to do it right. And do you want to know why I make so much less? Because I admit to not continuing to pursue my PhD and they say they are pursuant of their PhD but haven't taken a class in at least 3 years for the continuation of that degree.

I'm currently IM'ing with a stone-cold idiot. He makes about $20K more than me. Actually, he and I were up for his position. When I didn't get it the hiring person (the then Assistant Provost) told me, "Actually if we hire X, then we get his knowledge in student affairs, and your skill in assessment. I'm sorry, Leah, but it's win-win for us because you'll technically still be working for us in your current position."

I'm sorta down at the moment about this because this guy's conversation is making me rage.

Also, for those of you not in academe, someone with a PhD is rarely that smart. They are just either too social inept to have a job outside of research or they are extra tenacious when pursuing a degree. Many of the PhDs I work with are not that damned intelligent at all, imo.

I've been told that pimento cheese is a southern thing. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but for you northerners who would like to try it, I really like this recipe. I made it last night, and OMG . . . so very, very good. I made a grilled pimento cheese sandwich for supper to accompany my veggie soup. Then I had a sandwich for lunch, and now a bit on celery. I added a bit more cayenne pepper than called for, because Sexy and I like a little heat.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/souther...e7=Home%20Page

Pimento cheese is the perfect addition to a bowl of chili, imo.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Simpy, Bill used to work at Duke developing software for researchers. He said the same thing you said about PhD's. He was the only non-PhD in his department and he said they all spoke like they were superior to him, but that they were mostly socially inept people who couldn't hack it in the real world. lol. He loved the work, didn't care for the people.

And I am going to have to try that. I am a fan of any kind of cheese.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    Simpy, Bill used to work at Duke developing software for researchers. He said the same thing you said about PhD's. He was the only non-PhD in his department and he said they all spoke like they were superior to him, but that they were mostly socially inept people who couldn't hack it in the real world. lol. He loved the work, didn't care for the people.

Actually, for the most part I like everyone I work with (part of that's my nature- I'm a people person). But, yes, most people with PhD's have HUGE egos and think much more highly of themselves than they should. I am exhausted, though, by the fact that I am seriously doing 4 x more work now than I did 3 years ago with zero boost in pay and zero advancement in title. If they can't pay me, at least give me a decent title. AND I'm tired of having to go in and re-do work that was done poorly by someone making far, far more money than I do each year.

I've got some things cooking, though, but it will be a few years before I can really get them moving (I suspect). Until then, keep on keeping on. Luckily I love my boss and my co-worker. They are both fantastic. They make my job a fun place to be. We have lots of fun and there's lots of laughing.

Also, the pimento cheese is awesome sauce. It's very, very good.

ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Morning peeps!
    Semper Fi

Sup mutha fukkas.

I'm feeling gangsta today even though I'm wearing a fuzzy sweater and my hair is in a bun.

ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sup Sup. Nothing wrong with a bun.
    Semper Fi

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel gangsta every day...
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    I'm listening to System of a Down during this fine December morning!

Opted for Disturbed today.
    Semper Fi

MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MuscleSouth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post

New avi looks great.
    Sup mutha fukkas.

I'm feeling gangsta today even though I'm wearing a fuzzy sweater and my hair is in a bun.
    Werd! Are your pants sagging?
    Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
    I'm listening to System of a Down during this fine December morning!
    You would.
    Myfitnesspal: dwbees

I just received a very special long-ass PM from someone I do not know about some gal that sent him a text or something.

I didn't read it all.

I know he's messing with me. And I'm torn.

Should I ignore?

Or should I send him a PM filled with disastrous advice?

Decisions, decisions.

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just received a very special long-ass PM from someone I do not know about some gal that sent him a text or something.

I didn't read it all.

I know he's messing with me. And I'm torn.

Should I ignore?

Or should I send him a PM filled with disastrous advice?

Decisions, decisions.
    Forward PM to all of us so we can decide

"Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    Yessssssss

That's easy. I can do that.

EDIT: Done.

DOUBLE EDIT: Why didn't I know the Run DMC had done a Christmas album?

Advised

Advised
    Do you fellas ever get crap like that?

Do you fellas ever get crap like that?
    Never. I do have a real life stalker at the gym though that works out in a hoodie with it up the whole time. He calls me bro and brother too. Its pretty awesome

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol - you can ignore my reply to you. That is awesome.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Closed Thread
Page 271 of 322 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast