Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Neck thickness & Neck harness

Curious to know your guys' neck size and wanted to see if anyone here used a neck harness?

My neck is 16" and I was thinking about purchasing a neck harness to help strengthen/thicken it. Is my neck small for my size?
    “If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” -Bruce Lee

My Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147345563

Personal Bests:
    Squat: 445x5
    Bench: 295x5
    Row: 230x5
    Press: 180x5
    Deadlift: 435x5

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    neck bridges r a good option plus there free.
    u can always tell who is a wrestler because they always have a big ass neck.
    but if u want to do the harness i recommend making one,just drill a hole in the sides of an old bike helmet and connect a chain to the holes,that'll be cheaper and its gauranteed to fit which is the problem with buying them off the internet.
    if u dont have a bike helmet check the goodwill.
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lopez27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    neck bridges r a good option plus there free.
    u can always tell who is a wrestler because they always have a big ass neck.
    but if u want to do the harness i recommend making one,just drill a hole in the sides of an old bike helmet and connect a chain to the holes,that'll be cheaper and its gauranteed to fit which is the problem with buying them off the internet.
    if u dont have a bike helmet check the goodwill.
    Thanks. Do you use one?
    “If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” -Bruce Lee

My Training Log:

Personal Bests:

SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lopez27 View Post
    Curious to know your guys' neck size and wanted to see if anyone here used a neck harness?

My neck is 16" and I was thinking about purchasing a neck harness to help strengthen/thicken it. Is my neck small for my size?
    What size are your arms? Are they bigger than 16"? I would imagine if you have a big focus on looks if your arms surpassed your neck size you would want to rectify that. but for people like me where there neck is pretty much always an inch bigger than arms regardless of weight fluctuations I don't do anything for my neck. I think a neck bridge is more functional than a harness anyways, and if you are more concerned with keeping your body healthy and are worried about neck strength I could see you doing these to prevent accident and injury.

Originally Posted by SEOINAGEbb View Post
    What size are your arms? Are they bigger than 16"? I would imagine if you have a big focus on looks if your arms surpassed your neck size you would want to rectify that. but for people like me where there neck is pretty much always an inch bigger than arms regardless of weight fluctuations I don't do anything for my neck. I think a neck bridge is more functional than a harness anyways, and if you are more concerned with keeping your body healthy and are worried about neck strength I could see you doing these to prevent accident and injury.
    Arms are 15"

My Training Log:

Personal Bests:

proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    16'' neck here. Used to have a real pencilneck. Started doing neck bridges a few months ago and I'm now very satisfied with my neck. Right now doing neck bridges only occasionally to keep it where it is.

wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    deadlifts have built up my neck.

Take a look at all the big deadlifters. They all have tree trunks as necks
    My Madcow Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136450181

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks. Do you use one?
    i built a neck harness thinking i would use it but i didnt.
    neck bridges r plenty for me,i have an 18 3/4 inch neck but then again i used to wrestle.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    i have a 22" neck.

I have never, ever, ever, done a specific exercise for my neck. There are far more important things you could be doing with the time you would spend (waste imo) on neck bridges or neck harness work.

...like eating.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    i have a 22" neck.

I have never, ever, ever, done a specific exercise for my neck. There are far more important things you could be doing with the time you would spend (waste imo) on neck bridges or neck harness work.

...like eating.
    he doesnt have a 22" neck,he has a 16" neck that he is feeling self concious about.
    neck bridges can be done while your watching t.v. its not really taking up any of your time.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    he doesnt have a 22" neck,he has a 16" neck that he is feeling self concious about.
    neck bridges can be done while your watching t.v. its not really taking up any of your time.
    im sorry, i meant, who gives a flying **** about neck size for crying out loud.

unless you're buying a dress shirt

im sorry, i meant, who gives a flying **** about neck size for crying out loud.

unless you're buying a dress shirt
    he gives a ****,thats y he's asking.
    it may seem silly to u because u have a girthy envy inspiring neck,its like a dude with a 10" cock telling a guy who has micropenis disease "who cares,its no big deal" but to the guy with the micropenis its pretty miserable.

he gives a ****,thats y he's asking.
    ...my answer was on topic. I gave my neck size and that I have never ever wasted a moment's time on neck specific exercises.

I'm not sorry it didn't fit into your conception that every topic posted is one worthy of discussion.

you win.

i have a 22" neck.

...like eating.
    I didn't go from 130 lbs to 190 lbs by starving myself.

Not feeling self conscious about it, but my neck could be bigger/stronger.

My Training Log:

Personal Bests:

bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    18 1/2 here. And have never done any specific exercises for it. just came along naturally

24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500)
    neck bridges can be done while your watching t.v.
    sure if your tv is upside down and on the floor

NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000)
    neck is 15.5in and arms are 15, im a really ****ty deadlifter so im hoping it'll grow some when i bring that up

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you are the size of a regular kid, maybe you should fix that.
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    18.5" neck here. I'm with Bill, I never did any direct neck work except in high school where the 4 way neck machine was part of a circuit. Apparently holding up my melon head is enough to give me a thick neck.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    you are the size of a regular kid, maybe you should fix that.
    Hmmm, I must be around a lot of below average people then. Don't see too many of them wih 32" waists and 27" thighs. Strange.

My Training Log:

Personal Bests:

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    My neck is 18.5in. I use the 4-Way neck machine twice a week, I do it for 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps on all 4 sides.
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by muscle_g View Post
    My neck is 18.5in. I use the 4-Way neck machine twice a week, I do it for 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps on all 4 sides.
    Nice. Mine's only 17.25" wish it was larger, and wish my gym had a neck station. Shrugs, upright rows are all I really do.
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142268221&welcome=true

Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mine's somewhere around 20", and as most of the other big neck guys, I've never done neck specific exercises, just the big 3.
    Best Sanctioned Lifts (USPA/USAPL):
    683w/452/507

Best Gym Lifts:
    675w/477.5/495

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    what exactly is the point of neck isolation?
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

Jay 'The Star' Carr jaystarcarr1's Avatar
    Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jaystarcarr1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to use a head harness alot and 4way machine, not anymore though as neck is quite thick now. I started doing them cos I wanted to see how strong my neck was lol.

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    Pretty much just to prevent injury. And also it's cool to have a big neck lol.
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hmmm, I must be around a lot of below average people then. Don't see too many of them wih 32" waists and 27" thighs. Strange.
    you are around a lot of genetically below average people
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by racketteer View Post

Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    you are around a lot of genetically below average people
    What are your waist and thigh measurements?

My Training Log:

Personal Bests: