daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Air Alert questions

I am on my second week of Air Alert 4, and have followed it exactly. I do the 3 minute warmup of running in place they suggest, perform all of the stretches they suggest, and do all of the exercises with recommended rest time. I have gained about 2 inches. I am 14, 5'9, 130 pounds, and currently have a 16 inch vertical, (started with 14). Any tips? Also, I don't understand the importance of strengthening my hamstrings...answers?

Thanks guys

Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by daavig View Post
    I am on my second week of Air Alert 4, and have followed it exactly. I do the 3 minute warmup of running in place they suggest, perform all of the stretches they suggest, and do all of the exercises with recommended rest time. I have gained about 2 inches. I am 14, 5'9, 130 pounds, and currently have a 16 inch vertical, (started with 14). Any tips? Also, I don't understand the importance of strengthening my hamstrings...answers?

Thanks guys
    Stop what you are doing immediately, Air Alert can cause damage to your knees. Just google "air alert knees"

Find a different program. Vertical Jump Bible is good.

daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50) daavig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo48 View Post
    Stop what you are doing immediately, Air Alert can cause damage to your knees. Just google "air alert knees"

Find a different program. Vertical Jump Bible is good.
    well most people who have been injured illegally dowloaded the program so they didnt know to stretch well, warmup, massage your knees, and to do air alert on a soft surface. im gonna stick with it because ive been very cautious and have been making gains...but i appreciate the advice. Do you understand the importance of the hamstrings in jumping workouts? could you explain it to me?

Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well most people who have been injured illegally dowloaded the program so they didnt know to stretch well, warmup, massage your knees, and to do air alert on a soft surface. im gonna stick with it because ive been very cautious and have been making gains...but i appreciate the advice. Do you understand the importance of the hamstrings in jumping workouts? could you explain it to me?
    Air Alert's fundamental concept is wrong. They believe that doing an extreme amount of repetitions will improve your vertical jump. This is false. Vertical jumping is not an endurance activity. Vertical jumping is a maximal effort activity. Therefore, you should only ever do a few repetitions such that you can give your complete effort for each jump. This is a well documented and proven theory in sports training.

As for the hamstrings, they need to be strong so that they do not limit your quadriceps ability to jump.

yeah that makes sense...but i have been making gains...i think i will stick it out and if it fails i will give the bible a chance...thanks for ur time

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah that makes sense...but i have been making gains...i think i will stick it out and if it fails i will give the bible a chance...thanks for ur time
    if you're so ignorant why did you even post this topic here and look for tips? yeah, ok, you will continue doing your thing, then stop posting here and get knee tendonitis.

Originally Posted by dave**** View Post
    if you're so ignorant why did you even post this topic here and look for tips? yeah, ok, you will continue doing your thing, then stop posting here and get knee tendonitis.
    jeez man if you dont have something positive to say dont say anything

MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MjAmos7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    jeez man if you dont have something positive to say dont say anything
    yeah do lunges for hamstring or leg curls i had good gains from air alert 35 to a 38 inches i didnt finish the program and i was inconsistent
    A MAN WITH NO IMAGINATION HAS NO WINGS- ALI

s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any jumping programs out there will give you gains right off the bat. Since you're going from jumping very little to jumping a whole lot. Doing anything with more frequency will get you better at it.
    However Air Alert is not the most efficient way to go about it in the long run, not to mention knee problems. Like others said, it's not about high repetitions here, but about increasing maximal power and elasticity.

I would highly recommend you reading Vertical Jump Bible.

Originally Posted by s3an87 View Post
    Any jumping programs out there will give you gains right off the bat. Since you're going from jumping very little to jumping a whole lot. Doing anything with more frequency will get you better at it.
    However Air Alert is not the most efficient way to go about it in the long run, not to mention knee problems. Like others said, it's not about high repetitions here, but about increasing maximal power and elasticity.

I would highly recommend you reading Vertical Jump Bible.
    It may not be the most efficient, but at this point I am invested in it...I will look in to the VJB afterwards, thanks anyways

ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    air alert is probably the worst vert program out there (srs)

Originally Posted by ChiCityBrah View Post
    air alert is probably the worst vert program out there (srs)
    really? why?

ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChiCityBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    really? why?
    It will only work if you have never jumped before in your life. The insanely high reps they have you do for the exercises will actually be detrimental to an average or advanced athlete. You're 14 so you might see some results, but I'd suggest hitting the weight room to get your squat up and researching some of Kelly Bagget's vert programs instead.

Originally Posted by ChiCityBrah View Post
    It will only work if you have never jumped before in your life. The insanely high reps they have you do for the exercises will actually be detrimental to an average or advanced athlete. You're 14 so you might see some results, but I'd suggest hitting the weight room to get your squat up and researching some of Kelly Bagget's vert programs instead.
    ALrite thanks