Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I Powerlift-Forget BB'ing Big Boi 1906's Avatar
    Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I am a type II diabetics: Does protein powder break down into glucose?

Hey what's going on?

I have not been on the boards for a long time,
    but before I left I was diagnosed as a type II diabetic

I stopped taking all supplements I had been taken prior to my diagnosis, including
    my whey proteins, pro complexes, syntha 6, and etc. I use to take about 2 scoops / ~ 50 grams of protein
    per serving at one sitting. I am thinking about starting back taking protein powders now that my bgs are back to
    normal, but taking Isopure 0 carb and wanted to know even if the Isopure has no carbs
    will the high amount of protein turn to glucose and raise my bgs?

I stopped the other proteins because the artificial sugars in them did affect my bgs negatively

Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am type one so our diseases are a bit different. But whey should not effect your sugars too much. Just opt for lower carb products

I like isoflex, which also has an insulin sensetivty comlplex which helps

Start with one scoop. If you take in too much protein in a day, more than your body need via glycogenisis it can convert to sugar
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not directly but certain aminos can be used to synthesize glucose (gluconeogenesis) in the liver. Whey protein tends to lower blood glucose in healthy individuals because it causes an insulin response that outweighs gluconeogenesis. You would need to monitor your BG to see how your dysfunction affects it.

mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, protein doesn't break down into glucose.
    Current Stack: ON HydroWhey, ON Creatine Mono, ON Amino Chews

> 99% of supplements are a scam.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrk23 View Post
    Negged.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Good-Bro Original DiabeticLifter's Avatar
    DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Negged.
    because he is right for the most part??? the conversion is less than an amount to make a real impact.

not sure if srs
    You ain't nothing but a piece a cheese without the corners. In other words, you ain't never gonna be a slice, bitch

Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you all for your responses!

I was wondering about this because the protein is already broken down and it would seem could easily
    convert to glucose. I'm sure other factors would have to be considered. I thought I read a study where
    protein after a certain point would convert to glucose, and especially in diabetics would elevated blood sugar
    levels. Just wondering if any diabetics had any experience. I guess the only experience would be for me
    to just buy the Isopure 0 carb and try it for blood sugar response

andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Through gluconeogensis, in a caloric deficit excess protein will be converted into glucose. So yes, if you are taking in more than your daily needs, and you're cutting, this can happen.

http://www.tomvenuto.com/asktom/prot...per_meal.shtml

DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Big Boi 1906 View Post
    Hey what's going on?

I have not been on the boards for a long time,
    but before I left I was diagnosed as a type II diabetic

I stopped taking all supplements I had been taken prior to my diagnosis, including
    my whey proteins, pro complexes, syntha 6, and etc. I use to take about 2 scoops / ~ 50 grams of protein
    per serving at one sitting. I am thinking about starting back taking protein powders now that my bgs are back to
    normal, but taking Isopure 0 carb and wanted to know even if the Isopure has no carbs
    will the high amount of protein turn to glucose and raise my bgs?

I stopped the other proteins because the artificial sugars in them did affect my bgs negatively

Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    All whey has some simple sugars in it that will increase bg levels immediately, which I have noticed using OneTouch. Take it in much smaller amounts between small meals. You'll have to determine the amount with repeated bg tests. You should be eating small to snack size portions 5-9 times a day with small whey amounts somewhere in between all that. All your foods must be rated low in the glycemic index (GI), which you probably already know. Take it before cardio and going out to do something.

Some supplement makers will add high GI additives to create anabolic results; hence, sugar (or worse) added to make pancreas release insulin to create fat (creating body mass, not muscle). One company offered a "testosterone like" product but it shot up my bg levels 30% higher than I have ever recorded in my life! I called the manufacturer to notify them and they nervously said return the product to the store for a refund.

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One thing to do is also consult your doctor before you take a new brand.

mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Negged.
    You are a retard. Learn some biochemistry before you talk. Thanks.

kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What is going on in here? I see like five different things with five different statements and everyone thinks they are correct.

If everyone takes a big step back and stops touching themselves as they post responses I think everyone can come to a common conclusion and just say that the clinical significance of the situation will vary in every individual. That being said from a healthcare standpoint, it would be smart to monitor your blood glucose before and after consumption therefore you don't need to rely on a forum to assist in treating your medical condition.

And to mrk23, "learn some biochemistry before you talk". You're incorrect. Amino acids have the ability to convert to enter glycolysis and gluconeogenesis at particular stages, which depending on the physiological state can be part of the secretion of glucose from the liver. As to DoctorSM, please tell me you're not a real doctor. Because what you posted if you are indeed a doctor is very irresponsible and a terrible piece of advice seeing that you didn't know what you were even taking.

Rhizome. You're a smart dude.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you serious bro?

OP, any macro nutrient can be broken down to glucose.
    ….

XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Before working as a nurse with babies, I worked on a cardiac icu stepdown unit with adults.. many patients had diabetes and had endocrinologist consults to better manage glucose levels to prevent cardiac complications. They always stressed to the patients and it was in several handouts that any macro-nutrient in excess can be broken down to glucose. If you have evidence otherwise, I am willing to learn, but then a lot of doctors were falsely educated and i work at HUGE magnet hospital.
    ….

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DiabeticLifter View Post
    because he is right for the most part??? the conversion is less than an amount to make a real impact.

not sure if srs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucogenic_amino_acid

Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    Are you serious bro?

OP, any macro nutrient can be broken down to glucose.
    Proteins get broken down to amino acids, not glucose.
    Carbohydrates get broken down to glucose.
    Fats get broken down to fatty acids and glycerol.
    Yes, amino acids can be converted to glucose in the extreme catabolic state when the amount of free glucose and glycogen stores are depleted but most diabetics aren't going to starve to death.
    Read your biochemistry book.
    Last edited by mrk23; 02-09-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Yes, and it states "The production of glucose from glucogenic amino acids involves these amino acids' being converted to alpha keto acids and then to glucose, with both processes occurring in the liver. This mechanism predominates during catabolysis, rising as fasting and starvation increase in severity."

And note what the OP is asking, "does protein BREAK DOWN into glucose"? NO, it doesn't. Amino acids, the BREAKDOWN product, of protein can be CONVERTED (not BROKEN DOWN) in the extreme catabolic state.

kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read your biochemistry book.
    I have. Your logic is off.

Yes, and it states "The production of glucose from glucogenic amino acids involves these amino acids' being converted to alpha keto acids and then to glucose, with both processes occurring in the liver. This mechanism predominates during catabolysis, rising as fasting and starvation increase in severity."

And note what the OP is asking, "does protein BREAK DOWN into glucose"? NO, it doesn't. Amino acids, the BREAKDOWN product, of protein can be CONVERTED (not BROKEN DOWN) in the extreme catabolic state.
    How are you not red?

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Are you really this pissed over the technicality of broken down/converted to? When in fact OP just wanted to know if it would affect is blood glucose levels not whether it was 'broken down' or 'converted'.
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doolee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Are you really this pissed over the technicality of broken down/converted to? When in fact OP just wanted to know if it would affect is blood glucose levels not whether it was 'broken down' or 'converted'.
    He wants to salvage the battle with a small, meaningless victory.

Hey, thanks for the responses!

Some of the protein powders I had taken before I stopped taking protein powder altogether had
    some sweetners in them I was not even aware of prior to being diagnosed type II diabetic.
    Even the natural whey to my understanding had honey or some sweetner of the like.

I heard Isopure had a protein that was "0 carb". So with that being said, I did read in some medical
    literature that excess protein can breakdown into glucose. For the poster who said Fat can ultimately
    be broken down into glucose as well, I've actually heard a nurse and doctor say that before
    But to my understanding, not that I am a doctore, the studies I've read on macronutrients was that
    Fat had not glucose component - meaning only carbs and protein would breakdown down into components
    of glucose. What was it, carbs was 100% glucose, protein was 60% amino acid 40% glucose and
    fat was 100% ketones.

Just wondering, no need to be upset by my little question. I just don't want to buy the Isopure 0 Carb
    and the powder make my BGS shoot up high. Just looking for a protein source outside of actual food.

Oh, and I was also told by medical doctore, too much food protein would cause increase in BGS.
    I haven't noticed this myself. I would think protein would be essential as to avoid overeating of carbs
    and fats. Thanks!

DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Kerplunk,
    Don't try your ambiguous lying forum troll tactics with me! I speak from experience, blood work analyses and documentation to the minute! Who the hell are you saying I didn't know what I was taking? You a crooked supplement rep? Do you even know the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes?

An apology from you is in order!

Big Boi 1906,
    It's all about the molecular structure that can convert into another molecular structure. Protein can break down into a carbohydrate molecule then that structure can break down into a glucose molecule. What determines all this is many, many factors. Far too many "if, then" statements to make in one posting. Then there is the understanding level and diction needed to explain all this.

The University of McGill attempts to explain the medical understanding in three levels:
    1) kerplunk level that would be found in brochures and medical condition organization's literature, which is not an exact science but more of an analogy for people to try to understand how to cope with their medical condition.
    2) Novice med student level (including advanced high school biology and chemistry) without using the medical community's dictionary.
    3) Full out detailed bio-chem explanation.

Forget about percentages and any explanations you were told or read using percentages describing how much of this or that is within proteins and carbs. If the body is in need of glucose the protein in your stomach will convert into carbs then simple sugars (glucose). This is all done by the release of chemicals when triggered to do so. Too much protein (depending on the person) will increase bg levels. Also, your pancreas will release glucagon to convert your body fat back into energy. There's much more to tell you concerning your understanding. I'm not going to explain all this stuff in detail. But, do know this, there is two types of med students:
    1) one that understands bio-chemistry's "if,then" processes and is able to conduct his/her own correct research, and then there is,
    2) the student that memorizes text books and lectures as exact fact, even if it's not true and can be discredited in the lab, and/or, by observing their clients or patients, after they have graduated from school.

In some places in this world the medical community is considered a state mafia and expects them to be the state's agents of oppression (even in a democracy). The free enterprise business community can also be categorized into;
    1) honest and good intentioned folks, and
    2) bad, scrooge, quick money making **** *****.

You'll have to do as much understanding as possible and always rely on the documentations you make of food intake, water retention, body fat and muscle increase, bg levels, and other blood work ordered by your doctor. And always introduce one supplement to your body at a time to observe its affect.

This is my last post in this forum. If a person such as kerplunk with 8000+ posts can conduct himself as he has to this point then this forum if for the crooked business reps.

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

:facepalm:

I'm getting my PhD in chemistry. You are wrong.

Ask Layne Norton who apparently has a PhD in protein metabolism. He will say you are wrong.
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Policeman

Fancy a hook to your gabber m8?

wow at this thread.
    ….

DoctorSM, it's cool man, I have no experience in healthcare, nah not at all

Originally Posted by DoctorSM View Post
    Kerplunk,
    Don't try your ambiguous lying forum troll tactics with me! I speak from experience, blood work analyses and documentation to the minute! Who the hell are you saying I didn't know what I was taking? You a crooked supplement rep? Do you even know the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes?

An apology from you is in order!

Big Boi 1906,
    It's all about the molecular structure that can convert into another molecular structure. Protein can break down into a carbohydrate molecule then that structure can break down into a glucose molecule. What determines all this is many, many factors. Far too many "if, then" statements to make in one posting. Then there is the understanding level and diction needed to explain all this.

The University of McGill attempts to explain the medical understanding in three levels:
    1) kerplunk level that would be found in brochures and medical condition organization's literature, which is not an exact science but more of an analogy for people to try to understand how to cope with their medical condition.
    2) Novice med student level (including advanced high school biology and chemistry) without using the medical community's dictionary.
    3) Full out detailed bio-chem explanation.

Forget about percentages and any explanations you were told or read using percentages describing how much of this or that is within proteins and carbs. If the body is in need of glucose the protein in your stomach will convert into carbs then simple sugars (glucose). This is all done by the release of chemicals when triggered to do so. Too much protein (depending on the person) will increase bg levels. Also, your pancreas will release glucagon to convert your body fat back into energy. There's much more to tell you concerning your understanding. I'm not going to explain all this stuff in detail. But, do know this, there is two types of med students:
    1) one that understands bio-chemistry's "if,then" processes and is able to conduct his/her own correct research, and then there is,
    2) the student that memorizes text books and lectures as exact fact, even if it's not true and can be discredited in the lab, and/or, by observing their clients or patients, after they have graduated from school.

In some places in this world the medical community is considered a state mafia and expects them to be the state's agents of oppression (even in a democracy). The free enterprise business community can also be categorized into;
    1) honest and good intentioned folks, and
    2) bad, scrooge, quick money making **** *****.

You'll have to do as much understanding as possible and always rely on the documentations you make of food intake, water retention, body fat and muscle increase, bg levels, and other blood work ordered by your doctor. And always introduce one supplement to your body at a time to observe its affect.
    I laughed. Thank you for that. I just love your statement, "If the body is in need of glucose the protein in your stomach will convert into carbs then simple sugars (glucose). This is all done by the release of chemicals when triggered to do so. Too much protein (depending on the person) will increase bg levels. Also, your pancreas will release glucagon to convert your body fat back into energy."

Protein is broken down into amino acids before anything of this nonsenical fakeMD blabbering stuff you are saying solely due to enzymatic and pH based processes. These now smaller peptides or free form aminos can stimulate insulin (lowering bg levels). Glucagon stimulates the enzymatic breakdown of glycogen to glucose in the liver (not fats, fats have to be "converted" (boy I hate that word) to carbohydrate metabolites, then into glycogen etc etc).

Anyway, I'll go back into my kerplunk level of knowledge. Thats fine.

Oh and by the way, I know the difference. Thanks.

You know what assuming does! Make an ass out of you and me.

anonymous
    You do not have to worry about protein effecting blood sugar levels, the only think you need to look at is the amount of carbs per serving usually these carbs are sugars for flavoring but its really never more than 2-3g per scoop, so youll never have to worry about it because 2g of sugar wont change your blood sugar levels anyways...

consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    protein is not broken down into glucose but can be converted into glucose
    I always rep back

reps owed:
    RossDuggan