Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hellonearth01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why do I feel so terrible on Keto?

I did keto about a year ago for a month or two then took a break for a variety of reasons. I wanted to get back into it.

I started on sunday, so today is day 4. I have been keeping carbs under 30g a day (maybe even less), cals around 2200.

I have been taking vitamins & minerals, drinking about a gallon of water per day, getting plenty of sleep...

I feel dizzy/lightheaded/clouded mind all the time. I feel like if someone pushed me I'd probably just fall over and go to sleep.

Yes, it's been a long time since I've been on keto, but I don't remember feeling this bad...for this long

And for the past 2 days, I've woken up and dealt with the most mind-searing headache I have ever experienced in my life.

Also, I should note that I have not done any training during this time period. i want to give myself at least a week to let my body adapt, but at this rate, lifting myself off a chair without passing out is a chore in itself
    Last edited by Hellonearth01; 02-08-2012 at 04:29 AM.

crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10) crzyballr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just fight it!! Some people struggle with it for up to a month! I personally am on day 9 and still feeling like ****. Only thing that helps me is my thermogenic for energy and the pump I get when I work out. My advice is hit the gym not matter how bad you feel! After the 5 min cardio warmup you will feel like a beast! NO EXCUSES!

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, unless you truly have some viral or bacterial thing going on, exercise to whatever extent you can. Its good for you and makes you feel good. All kinds of evidence shows it supports overall mood, sleep, ect.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

NoBullBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The light headed feeling coupled with brain fog and a weakened feeling are very typical when getting to ketosis. You have to remember that the brain is used to feeding off the glucose produced from carbs ingested or in liver/blood stores. Since you have nearly depleted your body of the resource, the body is transitioning from utilizing glucose to receiving it's energy from ketone bodies. Once the lethargy has passed, you may get the sweet taste in the back of your mouth (like artificial sweetner) along with a new sense of energy. At that point you've probably hit ketosis...

An additional note is that not everyone has the same indicators or symptoms. So if you just aren't confident on the state of your diet, get some urine and blood work done.

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You might be coming down with something; I know around here everybody's sick (just got over it myself). Otherwise, you still might just be getting acclimated to keto; could take a week or so.

Have some coffee. Srs.

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you sure about your macros? I feel that way when I let my protein percentages get too high and my fat ones get too low...
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

1sierra41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KLMARB View Post
    Are you sure about your macros? I feel that way when I let my protein percentages get too high and my fat ones get too low...
    Same with me, up the fats

mcbindy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I's just your body reacting to your carb crash!! Make sure your drinking plenty of water bud...

Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    agree with posters commenting on fat. the only time i ever feel like hot garb is when my fats are too low. olive oil shots throughout the day will prolly help u out big time!

H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10) H0rsech0ker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Add a couple of grams of salt to your daily diet. You'll be amazed with the change.
    Http://www.warriorbodyandmind.com

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hellonearth01 View Post
    And for the past 2 days, I've woken up and dealt with the most mind-searing headache I have ever experienced in my life.
    Just a wild guess, but did you cut out caffeine(quit drinking soda) 4 days ago also? Those horrible headaches upon waking is a very common caffeine withdrawl symptom that usually starts about 2-3 days in. It happened to me the first time I quit caffeine and I thought I was going to die, worst headaches I've ever had in my life, and it was always immediately upon waking.

In fact, it sounds like all the symptoms you're displaying could be due to caffeine withdrawl. A lot of times people quit drinking sodas to go on keto, get the withrawls, assume it's keto that's doing it and quit.

jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsteven9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished day 4 of keto. I'm feeling the exact same as OP and I've been waking up with headaches, which went away after drinking heaps of water with meal 1. Looking forward to feeling better in the next few days.

Stick with it.

Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On Day 9 here but this isnt my first time on a keto diet... Im usually solid the first 3-4 days, then the next 3-4 are horrible. but right around day 9 and 10 i feel normal again. so just fight through it and stick to the macros, it gets easier i promise!

ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sometimes jumping straight into the 30g limit can be torturous for some and for those folks it would be easier to wean off instead. Start at 100g and drop it but 5-10g a day until you get to 20-30g a day. Not eating enough fat during this "phase" could cause a lot of that too, but not always.
    Weight- 145
    Overhead Press- 160
    Squat- 305
    Bench- 250
    Deadlift- 395

follow my training & diet blog
    http://carbsareevil.tumblr.com/