Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    10inches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How bad would u say these stretchmarks are?

I've been working out for about 10 months now and I've gained over 30 pounds quite fast. Stretchmarks didn't really bother me at first but I'm starting to think it might be getting out of control now on my left biceps/armpit. What do u think? I've been using Vitamin E and Retin-A stuff for awhile now. I guess it's been helping a bit. I really don't want to stop working out as i ****ing love it and i still have goals to accomplish. Any thoughts or ideas on what i should do? Am i overreacting? Here are some photos.
    Attached Images

AlvaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlvaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlvaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unfortunate to have them on your front/bicep. Try not growing so fast? It's obvious most of it is fat but that's bulking for you. I can possibly think your doing phases where you gain 10lbs rapidly, sit, then gain another 10 lbs x months later for a total of 30lbs/10months. If that's the case, keep your gains smaller (ex. 1/2lb per week of gain consistently). You'll gain roughly the same amount but you won't be peaking the strain on your skin. That or do a more cleaner bulk w/o so much weight gain.

PS: there are articles on bb.com that inform you about stretch marks...
    ~I will do what you won't today so I can do what you can't tomorrow~
    ~"Obsessed" is the word lazy people use to describe the "dedicated"~

consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250) consumingfire has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is nothing that you can really do about them; however, they make lotions specifically for stretch marks that have worked great for me. I used to have very dark red stretch marks almost like yours but in time and with use of lotions they are hardly noticeable now. It seems that some people are more predisposed to get them and there just something that you will have to live with especially if you want to continue bodybuilding
    I always rep back

reps owed:
    RossDuggan

KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10) KewlBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have some pretty crazy stretch marks on the back of my shoulders and on my inner theighs. They arnt like yours, but theyre noticable. Yea those dont look normal, I doubt its of any medical concern however.

KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50) KurtAUS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^

Do you train biceps with a sleeve shirt on? Ive only started out in the last 3 months and noticed stretch marks forming from wearing a shirt while lifting especially with the noob gains i was geting.

Originally Posted by consumingfire View Post
    There is nothing that you can really do about them; however, they make lotions specifically for stretch marks that have worked great for me. I used to have very dark red stretch marks almost like yours but in time and with use of lotions they are hardly noticeable now. It seems that some people are more predisposed to get them and there just something that you will have to live with especially if you want to continue bodybuilding
    Well that's a relief and thanks for the reply. Though, how long did it take for them to "fade"? and which lotion did u use. I might try it.

annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10) annual is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very similar to mine, but mine are slightly smaller, I tried bio oil, two big bottles of it for around a year and they made no difference at all to them didnt even fade them so i have just given up and accepted that they probably wont get much better any time soon, (3 years on) And the guy that said about putting on fat is causing them, This is not always the case i got them on my biceps and i hardly added any fat at all, it was just because i was so skinny to begin with and i have never been much heavier so my skin didnt have much "give" to it

khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000) khuzul is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't worry about them.

I get new stretch marks every time I work out heavy with weights, that is, three times per week.
    Eventually you get used to it, and there's nothing you can really do about them.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    mate i had 10x worse than yours running all along both my inner biceps, it looked like i had been burnt there.. few years later now and they are a very faded white.. i hardly ever treated them too, bit of vitamin E cream here and there but imo they just heal with time.. definitely don't let it deter you from working out. When you lean out they hardly become noticeable though they definitely seem more pronounced the higher your bodyfat is and thus your skin seems "softer"

pic attached, its like 5 years old so excuse the very small arms
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MrSinister; 02-08-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50) azxangeles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea my bicep looked pretty bad too just put some vitamin e and they become very faded over time

truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) truthseeker1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's quite normal to get stretch marks when you start training. They'll fade naturally over time. You don't need to spend money on lotions and the like.

BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BjornTheBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dermaroller

dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmowski333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Holly **** !!!

Go to doc., but not to Doc Rivers.

thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000) thebeast110 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 10inches View Post
    I've been working out for about 10 months now and I've gained over 30 pounds quite fast. Stretchmarks didn't really bother me at first but I'm starting to think it might be getting out of control now on my left biceps/armpit. What do u think? I've been using Vitamin E and Retin-A stuff for awhile now. I guess it's been helping a bit. I really don't want to stop working out as i ****ing love it and i still have goals to accomplish. Any thoughts or ideas on what i should do? Am i overreacting? Here are some photos.

It doesn't look too bad brah, definitely a bit noticeable though. How much mass did you gain, and how quickly??
    Storm Trooper #19

The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
    -Joe Paterno

Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    mate i had 10x worse than yours running all along both my inner biceps, it looked like i had been burnt there.. few years later now and they are a very faded white.. i hardly ever treated them too, bit of vitamin E cream here and there but imo they just heal with time.. definitely don't let it deter you from working out. When you lean out they hardly become noticeable though they definitely seem more pronounced the higher your bodyfat is and thus your skin seems "softer"

Holy, that made mine look like it's nothing. Thanks for sharing that picture, i feel more confident and less worried now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by thebeast110 View Post
    It doesn't look too bad brah, definitely a bit noticeable though. How much mass did you gain, and how quickly??
    Well i went from being around 128-30 to 153 in over 6/7 months. Then i took a huge plateau which i broke through over a month ago to 157-160. Its weird, my squats are still skyrocketing and everything else is like stable lol

TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLulz69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard red/dark stretchmarks can be removed with lotions, etc.

within time they turn to white, then it's impossible to get rid of them unless you go surgery.

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Zinc and Vitamin C work well for my stretch marks.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50) IanLMT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FRESH aloe vera is your friend (like out of the leaf). It has a compound called acemannan that helps stretchmarks. It is only found in the fresh plant though and not storebought (dead) products. also cocoa butter will help.
    Just trying to gain some weight :)

CEO, www.LindleyWoodDevelopment.com

Jim Cordova..... My goal is to surpass you. boom.

jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry193845 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    was expecting to see pictures of a pregnant woman.

Not disappointed.

daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As much as it sucks mate i wouldn't waste your money on products to get them to go away because the won't.

Over time they will fade .
    Cutting to 170 Log - 90's bodybuilders, hot bishes & sometimes lifting

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149272843

alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexk1ng is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BjornTheBear View Post
    dermaroller
    there was a thread in misc where a guy was advocating a dermaroller. check them out on amazon for reviews and such.

Registered User fightingfalcn91's Avatar
    fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get a tattoo..

10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 10less has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dermamend three times daily for about a week or two got rid of the ones on my arm that were worst.

T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000) T073 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I started to get those 2 years ago, but since lowering my bf a bit it's reduced drastically, and I noticed last summer when I got more tanned, it was almost not noticeable at all. Yours should start fading to a more skin tone color, and just tan to further reduce it.

Originally Posted by 10less View Post
    Dermamend three times daily for about a week or two got rid of the ones on my arm that were worst.
    Dermamend? i googled it and it came up with nothing? did u mean dermablend?

SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkyTrAsH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got bad stretch marks in the same area when i started lifting. after a few years they fade and its pretty easy to hide them with a nice tan. plus chicks dig scars

WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WaveyBaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post

this is exactly what i have,except im black so my marks are light brown on dark brown skin, lol i showed someone and they didnt belive it was stretch marks, they thought i was in a fire or some ****

newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newbiebodybb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn..

fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfreak20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got some pretty gnarly ones myself my shoulders blew up fast also traps must be growing because I'm getting some there as well!

"It's not about how much weight you can do its about how much weight you can do with good form"

Don't stare at the gym it's disrespectful and annoying biggest pet peeve srsly.

maudacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    think of them as battle scars!