Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Cardio, leg day, and grumpy knees

I'm trying to lose fat, so I'd love to do HIIT on as many off days as I can. If I try it too soon after leg day, it wreaks some sort of havoc on my knees. They feel fine during the workout, but on the day after, I get random owies that go away in another day or so. This isn't DOMS - it feels more like tendonitis. If I do HIIT later in the week, it doesn't aggravate my knees at all.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I could work up to being able to do HIIT on the day after a leg workout? I'm thinking of at least doing a more moderate cardio session after leg day and increasing the intensity over time. At least that would be better than sitting on my ass in front of the TiVo.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you need cardio, but your knees need a break, why not try a bike instead?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oops...I should have mentioned that all of my cardio is low-impact. (I usually hit the Stepmill for HIIT, but I like to work out on an elliptical trainer as well.) I've never tried HIIT on the exercise bike, though, so I'll give it a shot on my next cardio day.