Thread: Stretching

MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100)

Stretching

Hello,
    does the person who make the starting strength program need to do stretching exercises in the end of the workout? or he just needs to do the 3 lifts and leave the gym?

XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a personal preference.

1) You could do a warm-up (advised), then starting strength, then stretch, then cold-down.

2)Or you could only do starting strength.

I'd pick 1).

Although stretching is not necessary, it sometimes is beneficial.
    If your body cannot handle it, make sure sheer willpower will.....

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Or 3) a warmup (advised), then Starting Strength.

MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by XADO View Post
    Although stretching is not necessary.
    So is it ok to do the 3 lifts and leave the gym?

XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    RIPptoe never said anything about stretching, or it's not that reveled, but in Hellraiser training they say it should be done.

I do then there stretches even in between exercises (especially on shoulders).....as sometimes the burn is so ****ing unbearable, that I need to stretch it out.

You choose your game plan....

I don't know what you are looking for.....try it, maybe it works for you, maybe not, you will never know if you do not try it.
    If your body cannot handle it, make sure sheer willpower will.....

UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Generally speaking, it is recommended to both warmup and cooldown. I warmup on a treadmill to loosen up my body as well as my knees for squatting. For the cooldown, I figure I might as well do something useful and stretch. It's probably a little healthier to have some sort of cooldown anyway. Going from an intense workout with an extremely accelerated heart rate to near resting state heart rate isn't good for your heart. The cooldown period helps ease your heart rate safely. Personally, I would just do a quick 10 min stretch of the major body parts and bail out.
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CadmanPeterson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Stretching is most important for maintaining and improving flexibility and proper flexibility helps keep muscles functioning and feeling well. Unfortunately, while most people know flexibility is important, few people take the time to adequately stretch their muscles.

Thanks and Regards.
    Cadman

Originally Posted by XADO View Post
    RIPptoe never said anything about stretching, or it's not that reveled, but in Hellraiser training they say it should be done.

I do then there stretches even in between exercises (especially on shoulders).....as sometimes the burn is so ****ing unbearable, that I need to stretch it out.

You choose your game plan....

I don't know what you are looking for.....try it, maybe it works for you, maybe not, you will never know if you do not try it.
    I read that if you do the 5 lifts, you dont need the stretching in the end of the workout...
    And do you think running on the treadmill will be good in the beginning of the workout for 5 minutes?