DoobyScoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

14 Y/O: Need some tips for weight gain

Hey guys,
    I'm a 14 year old boy, 5ft 5.5inches, and about 111 lbs. About 3 months ago I was an inch shorter and nearly 130lbs so i decided to push myself an an ultimately successful diet. Maybe a little too successful. I don't really know how many calories i previously ate but i remember eating tons of sweets, sodas, etc so i could imagine I was on a caloric surplus ( not totally sure though). Well thing is i REALLY wanna get some muscle mass now but I'm pretty damn nervous about regaining some fat weight if I eat as much as "I'm supposed to for my age" (like 2.5k calories). Any ideas on how I should be eating and exercising for some big gains with minimal fat??? Any useful advice will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance .

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DoobyScoo View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm a 14 year old boy, 5ft 5.5inches, and about 111 lbs. About 3 months ago I was an inch shorter and nearly 130lbs so i decided to push myself an an ultimately successful diet. Maybe a little too successful. I don't really know how many calories i previously ate but i remember eating tons of sweets, sodas, etc so i could imagine I was on a caloric surplus ( not totally sure though). Well thing is i REALLY wanna get some muscle mass now but I'm pretty damn nervous about regaining some fat weight if I eat as much as "I'm supposed to for my age" (like 2.5k calories). Any ideas on how I should be eating and exercising for some big gains with minimal fat??? Any useful advice will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance .
    Have you read:

Starting Stength is a great place to get started, read the following thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

For diet and nutrition:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Post any further questions.
    Last edited by Coolcicada; 02-05-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Broken Links

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat big. Lift big.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Have you read:

Starting Stength is a great place to get started, read the following thread:

htp://forum.bodybuilding.com//showth...hp?t=131379243

For diet and nutrition:

htp://forum.bodybuilding.com//showth...hp?t=121703981

Post any further questions.
    Thanks for the fast response and taking an interest but can't seems to get the links open. I'm very interested in reading those links so if there's any other way to get them to me, I'd really like that. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes..

DDon1996: Haha yeah thats what my brother has been saying and I've been working pretty hard to do that. If I start eating more, do I risk any chance of a lot of fat gain? Last thing I want to do Is revert to my original body.

Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the fast response and taking an interest but can't seems to get the links open. I'm very interested in reading those links so if there's any other way to get them to me, I'd really like that. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes..
    Should be working now.

Dont worry

Should be working now.

Dont worry
    Did i quick read on both of these threads. Both VERY helpful. The info in the first link is really nice for knowing what to do even w/o the book but ill look into buying it. As for the second link, EXACTLY what ive been looking for. HUGE help. Thanks a lot. Def gona rep you.

Did i quick read on both of these threads. Both VERY helpful. The info in the first link is really nice for knowing what to do even w/o the book but ill look into buying it. As for the second link, EXACTLY what ive been looking for. HUGE help. Thanks a lot. Def gona rep you.
    Thanks, post further questions, All the other stickies help too, they are just found at the top of the forums.

Thanks, post further questions, All the other stickies help too, they are just found at the top of the forums.
    One last quick question. As a teen, should I be worried about how much I eat? Apparently, I should be eating somewhere around 2,500 calories a day but I could only imagine I would regain a lot of fat eating that much.

One last quick question. As a teen, should I be worried about how much I eat? Apparently, I should be eating somewhere around 2,500 calories a day but I could only imagine I would regain a lot of fat eating that much.
    Nope, aim for the calories and macros as stated in the second thread.

You're 111lbs, dont worry about gaining a little fat. Bulk now, cut later.

JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeCHC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First off, big congrats on the weight loss

Don't be scared about gaining it back, as long as your food is clean it will be mostly muscle, a little fat is accompanied with bulking

Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trackcgy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since you're still so young I wouldn't worry too much about the calories you eat because it'll be changing a lot as you grow up. Just eat healthy, try to get about 0.8-1g of protein/lb you weigh, and when you get hungry eat, and when you're not hungry, keep eating, then eat some more. Look at programs like what other people linked you to such as "Starting Strength" to read.

Alright thanks for everyones help and advice. Im going to start hitting the gym more with my bro starting tomorrow and was happy to get all the nutritional and lifting advice i need. Thanks everyone it means a lot

akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nope, aim for the calories and macros as stated in the second thread.

You're 111lbs, dont worry about gaining a little fat. Bulk now, cut later.
    This. Make sure you're eating enough and getting enough rest. If you start gaining weight too fast then take the caloric intake down a few notches (like -200 or so cals, depends)

Good luck with your lifting goals. I wish I started lifting when I was 14