tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to set up dumbbell bench press

How do you guys set these up when using heavy dumbbells? Right now I just use my thigh to lift one at a time, but that feels dangerous and my starting position ends up being the dumbbells by my chest and not at the top of the ROM. It feels dangerous doing this because kicking involves my hips and glutes, which I've hurt by doing this before and you kind of remain at a curling motion when getting the dumbbells up too.

mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I sort of thurst them up at the same time with my legs while simotaneously falling backwards onto the bench while pulling the weights with and pushing them into the air. Kinda hard to explain but thats how I do it.

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5Nw_QBA9A&hd=1

That's how I do it, if you have a spotter though you could ask them to basically the put the hands into your hands when you're already lying on the bench.

geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just deadlift them up from the floor, rotate then so the ends are against my quads, sit down into the bench so that the DBs are on my quads pressed against my chest and then lay back with them. This pretty much perfectly positions them for the start of the lift.
    Meet Best: 220/125/260 kg for a 384 Wilks IPF Nov 2018.

iHustle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best way is to sit with a dumbbell on each thigh, close to the kneecap. Roll back onto the bench and use the momentum to carry each dumbbell into full lockout, simultaneously. Try practicing with lighter dbs, it might feel a bit strange rolling back at first but you get used to it fast. It's the safest and easiest way for sure, will try to find a vid.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The way Rip did in the vid is correct. However you don't have to sit and quickly heft them into position. You can rest them on your thigs as you sit and when you're ready lean forward over the DB's then just rock back and they're in perfect position. Same for returning to the starting position as in the vid.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The fack? my gym has a bench that you can set the dumb bells on. Can't find a pic right now.

GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GymMeathead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I go heavy on dumbbells I have someone place them on my thighs, and then fall back with my knees up. You get use to it after you do it a couple of times.

Keep up the heavy lifting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxKpipTNZg

tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried doing rippetoes technique but kept failing on the higher weights, guess I'll have to practice.

How do you guys do it on incline db?

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    For the incline I do it quite similar to Rippetoes method but I do it singular. So I use my leg to throw one dumbbell up and kind of rest it on my shoulder as I kick the other dumbbell up, then I just push them both up into the starting position.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I remember a couple months back there was this thread by this guy who had some kind of string apparatus that he could adjust his dumbbells to hang in the air at various heights from the top of his power rack to make set-up easier for this type of thing.