Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RayD23's Road to Summer!

I've been meaning to start this log for 5 weeks, and get things rolling. First post after a decade of lurking here is intense.

My goal: improve fitness, general health and aesthetics for the upcoming summer. I'm taking things slow and will be going with a +/-20% leangains recomp after using LG to cut down on BF and weight since last Fall.. This will be the first time in my life that I'll be deliberately eating more than maintenance a few days a week and definitely looking for ways to improve and get a little help along the way!

Quick Stats
    5'6", 134.2 lbs (down about 12 lbs, down 6%ish BF since August), 28" waist (down 3")
    Will monitor weight and BF changes weekly

Workout:
    p90x2 phase II
    I know there isn't a lot of love here for Beachbody products, but I wanted to do the x2 before going into a regular lifting routine this spring. Last Fall, I did Starting Strength from Sept-Dec and ended up with a bunch of nuisance injuries (getting old.. sucks!)

Nutrition Style:
    Leangains 16x8, IIFYM, Mostly Whole Foods, Gluten Free where possible, Mostly dairy free (B&J's a huge exception!)

Supps:
    ON Casein, ON Whey, ON Glutamine, Assortment of Vitamins (we'll get to that later)

Tech/Gadgets:
    Garmin Forerunner 305, Bodymedia FIT for tracking daily calories burned.. Amazing tool, have learned so much

------

Yesterday (+20%)

p90x2 Chest, Back & Balance
    2333 Cals, 56.5 F, 260.8 C (30.2 F), 153.3 P
    2387 Cals Burned
    8:01 Sleep
    Last edited by RayD23; 02-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.

RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RayD23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yesterday

Workout:
    p90x2 Plyocide.. Legs feelin' it this morning! On Sunday, also woke up sore from the day before.. feels good
    Cals Burned: 2,257

Nutrition:
    All was well and good until the big SB party and G-MEN celebration (definitely hit protein goals but otherwise too high everywhere else)!

Sleep: 6:43

Today

Workout: Rest
    Cals Burned: 1,953 (proj.)
    Sedentary desk job with few meetings today = walking just to grab a glass of water or take a leak

Nutrition: 1,560 Cals, 71.7 F, 115.5 C (27.8 F), 138.5 P
    After yesterday, figured I'd err on the lower end today and ended up sub 100 net CHO.. Lunch was salad with chicken, veggies, olive oil plus White Chocolate Wonderful as a snack. Dinner was two Whole Foods Chicken Florentine Burgers with peppers, followed by a bowl of Glutenfreeda Oatmeal, a Casein/Green Vibrance Shake and some So Delicious No Sugar Added Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Dairy Free)

Sleep: 6:18

Thanks to these boards, I picked up a variety of QuestBars a couple weeks ago and am real psyched about them. I've tried 6 flavors so far with only two flavors left from this batch, Lemon Cream Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake, which I'll give a go tomorrow.

Honestly having A LOT of trouble picking a favorite. Microwaved these things are awesome. I definitely prefer the Stevia aftertaste over Sucralose, but the Choc Brownie and Apple Pie are still pretty solid. The PB&J might be a slight disappointment after reading some rave reviews, but that's as far as I'll go. Will throw up a few ratings on these guys after I give each another go over the next week-plus.

Tuesday

Workout: p90x2 Shoulders & Arms, AbRipperX2
    Cals Burned: 2,240 (proj.)
    First S&A workout.. overall, good pace, quick at 51 min & a reasonable workout. Caught a little off guard that it was a set of 7 exercises repeated 3x, since the p90x pattern was always some form of do this set of exercises then repeat, or do the whole circuit and repeat once. And then AbRipperX2.. holy hell

Nutrition: 2,205 Cals, 63.5 F, 252.6 C (42.2 F), 168.4 P
    Business lunch out today so didn't go the full 20% over (~2,500) to err on the safe side // some guesswork involved. Chicken Spezzatino the only protein option.. not a fan. Once I got home it was eat and eat and eat with the workout in between. 1/2 lb of turkey chili with peppers, a sweet potato and a piece of leftover Carvel Ice Cream cake.. possibly a little high on fat today but it was worth it.

Sleep: 5:59
    Restless night..

QuestBar - Strawberry Cheesecake
    They can't all be winners.. first flavor I just did not get into. A little bit strawberry cream oatmeal, a little bit strawberry nutrigrain bar (if there was a lot less fruit filling). Still have one of these left so a chance at redemption later, but I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering this one again. Lemon Cream Pie on Thursday, and expectations are on the low side.

Wednesday

Cals Burned: 1,953 (proj.)
    Intense day at the office..

Nutrition: 1,652 Cals, 73.4 F, 125.3 C (36.5 F), 145.9 P
    A little filet for dinner with some spinach and squash at my parents'. Estimates probably not far off.

Sleep: 6:02
    Need to get this # up!

QuestBar - Lemon Cream Pie
    So.. decided to have this one a day early, especially since they fit oh-so-well in my macros. As seems to be the case with the natural line, a good texture before heating up but a chewy dream once microwaved. Whereas the Strawberry Cheesecake was disappointing, this one beat expectations. If you're looking for something to clobber you over the head with tartness, this isn't it. The Lemon flavor is a little more subtle and balances well with the hint of creaminess. As a result, it's enjoyable from start to finish and actually leaves you wanting just a little bit more!

Thursday

Workout: p90x2 Base & Back
    Cals Burned: 2,099 (proj.)
    2 sets of 10 exercises jumping back and forth between pull-ups/chin-ups and plyometric leg exercises.. Less weight used than the old p90x Legs & Back routine. It goes by quickly but felt like I did some work. Downside: May have tweaked my ITBS in my right leg.

Nutrition: 2,105 Cals, 52.7 F, 263.0 C (41.4 F), 156.3 P
    A little post-workout gluttony.. Edy's Pumpkin Ice Cream, a Pop-Tart and some Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal sprinkled generously on top.. It's not that I feel guilty for doing this, I'm more amazed if I can actually pul this off. I have a pic, but need to hit that 50. +20% really puts me at 2,500 but tough to hit on a workday without breakfast.

Sleep: 6:31
    A little better.. 82% sleep efficiency

QuestBar - PB 'N J
    Second time's a charm as this was a lot better than I remembered it. The "jelly" is barely there but adds just enough to keep this peanut butter-dominated flavor from becoming too overpowering. My only complaint is the sucralose taste; compared to the natural line it usually takes a few bites in before I'm used to it. Overall, this ranks just above Lemon Cream Pie with Strawberry Cheesecake holding up the rear.
    Last edited by RayD23; 02-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Friday

Cals Burned: 2,058
    Went out for dinner and drinks after work (just a light beer), strange that my calorie burn was only 40 less than Base & Back day

Nutrition: 1,693 Cals, 79.9 F, 85.9 C (12.4 F), 136.9 P
    I'm not really trying to go below 100 g CHO, just seems to happen on higher fat, rest days. Lunch was a usual salad with chicken while dinner out was steak salad with walnuts and craisins and vinegar dressing for the greens.

Sleep: 6:28 / 82% s.e.

Sat AM Weekly Check-In

Weight: 134.2 (+0.4 lbs from last week - put down the wrong start weight in my opening post)
    Waist: No Change
    BF% (three point Test, Tanita BF Scale, Omron Monitor): n/c, -0.5%, -0.47%

Saturday

Workout: p90x2 Chest, Back & Balance; AbRipperX2
    Cals Burned: 2,290
    2nd week of Phase II.. with experience with the workouts, much smoother this week. AbRipperX2 still ridiculous. Burn a little low for a weekend day because I did a little catching up on the DVR and on top of it popped in a movie (In Time).

Nutrition: 2,299 Cals, 62.5 F, 277.2 C (39.9 F), 147.0 P
    A couple tacos, Whole Foods Chicken Sausages, a little heavy on supps (protein fruit smoothie, proatmeal and QB) then a Pop Tart and some B&J for fun. Not a caloric surplus for the day but for an average day, yup.

Sleep: 7:19 / 92% s.e.
    Decent rest

QuestBar - Chocolate Brownie
    I'm becoming a broken record but if I had to fault it, it's really the sucralose. Warmed up, this does almost taste like a brownie and I can even taste a hint of buttery goodness in this but the artificial sweetener then comes roaring back. Would still rank this one just above the PB&J, leaving it as:

1. Chocolate Brownie
    2. PB&J
    3. Lemon Cream Pie
    4. Strawberry Cheesecake

Ben & Jerry's - Boston Creme Pie
    First few bites were pretty underwhelming, but as it started to melt and I got a better taste of the pudding swirl and pieces of cake, wow. Awesome stuff. Could use a little more chocolate as the flakes barely account for the frosting part of a BCP.

Sunday

Workout: p90x2 Plyocide (fasted)
    Cals Burned: 2,330 (projected)
    After six week of this, legs are feeling stronger and quads showing a little development

Nutrition: 1,990 Cals, 69.1 F, 207.9 C (43.3 F), 152.1 P
    Asian Steak Wrap with Sweet Potato Fries out with a friend for lunch and a light dinner (Whole Foods Chicken Sausages followed by some Proatmeal a lil later).. Will have a little bit of Casein with Green Vibrance just before 8 pm when my IF window ends and I turn back into a pumpkin

Sleep: 6:37 / 80% s.e.
    Err.. hate when I waste a weekend night and get sub-par sleep.. Took melatonin before bed which usually gets it done

QuestBar - Cinnamon Roll
    These are just amazing. None of the dreaded aftertaste (or I'm just conditioned to stevia), a little bit doughy and buttery like a true cinnamon roll. The only component missing is an icing flavor. Of the 5 reviewed so far, this is hands down #1.

1 week in on this journal and figured I'd get a macro check for anyone reading.. for a recomp, how am I doing?

Monday

Cals Burned: 1,971 (projected)
    Tough work day.. mentally a little out of it today. Can't wait til DST begins and I'm driving home in daylight.

Nutrition: 1,683 Cals, 77.2 F, 122.3 C (22.7 F), 138.5 P
    Chili made from WF Ground Buffalo, McCormick's seasoning and chopped peppers/onions. Lunch the usual.

Sleep: 6:49 / 87% s.e.
    A little better, but need a solid 8 somewhere

Tuesday

Much better today.. had the winter blues or something strange yesterday.

Cals Burned: 2,179 (projected)
    Good workout.. Cal burn lower than expected despite working pretty hard and shuffling to/fro meetings today.

Nutrition: 2,286 Cals, 57.8 F, 287.0 C (48.0 F), 171.8 P
    Lunch was a typical salad sans olive oil, a banana, then got some extra protein from a chobani yogurt and another QuestBar. Preworkout proatmeal, Dinner was a Whole Foods chicken patty, a sweet potato + PWO shake followed by a little leftover ice cream cake and a cookie dough pop tart for laughs.

Sleep: 7:08/ 83% s.e.
    Back on the right side of 7 hours.. working on it!

QuestBar - Apple Pie
    Another winner in my book! This one gives you the sense that you're almost eating a pastry. Some have compared it to a McDonald's apple pie but it's not quite there. But what makes this standout are the Apple chunks, which poke through pretty well. Overall, it's pretty unique for a protein bar and one I will definitely be buying again.

Wednesday

Cals Burned: 1,917 (projected)
    Sedentary iiiiiis my life.. 9-10 hours of desk duty bookended by an hour commute each way. Today, got home and fired up the DVR so little in the way of movement today.

Nutrition: 1,738 Cals, 67.7 F, 132.6 C (19.1 F), 149.5 P
    Lunch was leftover buffalo chili and dinner was baked salmon with mango & peach salsa. I've been cooking the salmon all wrong for a long ass time and at 400 deg for 18 minutes, it came out damn near perfect tonight! I am doing some serious carb cycling with the +/-20%.. whether necessary or not it's just... happening.

Sleep: 7:23/ 92% s.e.
    I would celebrate steady improvement but my BMF thought I was sleeping for 26 minutes at 9 pm when I was crashed on my couch post-workout with the TV on.

I've been following the thread on a 2:1 P/C Cheesecake in the Nutrition section (can't post links or pics yet).. Seems too good to be true, so I may join in and give this thing a shot. Seems easy enough for even a culinary illiterate like myself.

Thursday

Cals Burned: 2,063 (projected)
    Dude's got massive arms in this x2 workout..
    Last week my IT bands were a little aggravated by this but got through alright tonight. A fan of phase II so far.

Nutrition: 2,284 Cals, 58.7 F, 278.1 C (41.1 F), 171.8 P
    Chicken teriyaki skewers for lunch and whole foods chicken sausage and a chicken burger for dinner. Assorted fillers include a QB, fruit, proatmeal, PWO whey and finishing off with Edy's and a pop tart. So far, so good, don't seem to be adding any fat but also not quite hitting my +20% goal.

Sleep: 6:20/ 82% s.e.
    Sh!tey

Updated QuestBar Rankings
    1. Cinnamon Roll
    2. Chocolate Peanut Butter
    3. Chocolate Brownie
    3. Apple Pie
    5. PB&J
    6. Lemon Cream Pie
    7. Strawberry Cheesecake

Friday & Saturday AM Update

Cals Burned: 2,005
    Running around Target and BBB after work looking for a 6" springform pan to make the 2:1 cheesecake. Unsuccessful.

Nutrition: 1,709 Cals, 77.8 F, 126.8 C (25.8 F), 140.0 P
    Lunch - salad, Dinner - Chipotle Bowl with Steak, Rice & Guac.. Apple, Casein + Green Vibrance, White Chocolate Wonderful and some So Delicious DF Ice Cream scattered throughout the day to round things off

Sleep: 6:16 / 81% s.e.

Sat AM Weekly Check-In

Weight: 135.6 (+1.4 lbs -- ..but a little backed up this AM)
    Waist: Maybe up a 1/10th
    Avg BF% (three point Test, Tanita BF Scale, Omron Monitor): +0.2%

Saturday

Workout: p90x2 Chest, Back & Balance, AbRipperX2
    Cals Burned: 2,417
    Did this one after some proatmeal instead of fasted, due to sleep (below). Added a third medicine ball into the mix so I was able to do a couple more of the exercises the proper way.

Nutrition: 2,363 Cals, 60.1 F, 258.3 C (32.3 F), 149.5 P
    Lunch: WF chicken sausages and peppers, Dinner: 2 Chicken Tacos.. The rest: QB, PWO shake + fruit, B&J's Pumpkin Cheesecake, a couple drinks. A little sloppy with the eats, but generally hitting targets.

Sleep: 5:17 / 75% s.e.
    For a weekend night, horrific.

Finally tracked down a smallish springform pan at Walmart yesterday after failing at the grocery store, Target & BBB and made the 2:1 protein cheesecake! Prepped it pre-workout yesterday and cooked it during. Stuck in the fridge afterwards (waited an hour after cooking) and today I got to dig in...
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142025031

Sunday

Workout: p90x2 Plyocide
    Cals Burned: 2,314 (proj.)
    Not that active but the plyo got the metabolism a little fired up

Nutrition: 1,984 Cals, 66.4 F, 189.0 C (40.0 F), 172.6 P
    Sunday's kind of my in-between day, where I stay close to maintenance. Kind of a fail safe in case I'm underestimating the other days.
    Lunch: Ground buffalo meat with McCormick's Italian meatball seasoning.. awesome.
    Snack: Protein Cheesecake! Huge success, even if there's a stevia/sucralose aftertaste. Great texture, consistent, and I could put down 1/3 of the damn thing @ just 400 cals and 40 g protein!
    Dinner: WF chicken sausages and peppers again with Alexa Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
    After dinner: Casein + Almond Milk + Banana + Green Vibrance Shake

Sleep: 6:53 / 82% s.e.
    Melatonin-aided..

QuestBar - Coconut Cashew
    Like an Almond Joy without the chocolate! This one fires up your taste buds right away and the coconut pieces add to its legitimacy as AJ's healthier cousin. Top tier bar, no doubt.

Also had Strawberry Cheesecake for the 2nd time yesterday, and sadly, it maintains its place firmly at the bottom.

1. Cinnamon Roll
    2. Coconut Cashew

3. Chocolate Peanut Butter
    4. Chocolate Brownie
    5. Apple Pie

6. PB&J
    7. Lemon Cream Pie

8. Strawberry Cheesecake

Monday

Cals Burned: 1,896 (proj.)
    Really?? A little lethargic this AM, thought I was coming down with a cold. Even so, didn't realize I was this inactive today.. Need to get out more. DST in < 3 weeks!

Nutrition: 1,733 Cals, 68.8 F, 118.0 C (16.1 F), 164.8 P
    Lunch: Usual salad with chicken then a banana, White Chocolate Wonderful
    Dinner: Italian seasoned Ground Buffalo with peppers (still amazing) followed by protein cheesecake.. Gotta be honest, thought about this at work today. Tastes even better day 2. One more giant slice to go!

Sleep: 6:31 / 84% s.e.
    The Walking Dead before bed.. probably not ideal for relaxation.

Looking at fitday, I've gotten a little sloppy with my +20% days and probably am close to 10 g too heavy on the fat.

Tuesday

Cals Burned: 2,102 (proj.)
    Decent energy, reps or weights up a little

Nutrition: 2,294 Cals, 42.2 F, 300.5 C (54.5 F), 196.0 P
    Lunch: Salad with chicken, banana, Quest Bar, a few m&m's
    Pre-Workout: Proatmeal
    Dinner: Lean Ground Turkey in Sloppy Joe sauce & a sweet potato.. PWO shake.
    Dessert: Final hunk of protein cheesecake.. more delicious by the day. Pop-tart.

Sleep: 5:50 / 75% s.e.
    The good news is I didn't realize how tired I should be!

I am really baaaacked up today. And feeling overstuffed now after putting down a whole lot this evening. I am loving the QuestBars but my digestive system has been way off track since I picked these up last month. Figured I'd adjust. It could also be all the dairy - at first it was once a week only but started sliding it into every post-workout meal in some form. In any case, going -20% tomorrow shouldn't be much of a problem.

Wednesday

Cals Burned: 2,028 (proj.)
    Don't meant to this to turn into a bowel movement journal, but yikes, it was a busy day and not coincidentally, burn rate was up!

Nutrition: 1,676 Cals, 65.4 F, 154.6 C (26.7 F), 126.5 P
    Lunch: Salad with chicken, banana, WCW
    Dinner: Chipotle.. Bowl with steak, guac, rice, salsa & peppers + Casein/GV/berries shake
    Dessert: Proatmeal

Sleep: 5:58 / 83% s.e.
    Exhausted today.. in a fetal position most of the night (barely kidding)

Gotta cool it on IIFYM as anything goes! My body just isn't big on gluten, dairy... gotta tone it down. I will absolutely make that cheesecake again, but can't devour heaps of it 3 days in a row!

Thursday

Cals Burned: 2,087 (proj.)
    Headache this afternoon, started off a little weak with the workout but battled through

Nutrition: 2,292 Cals, 44.5 F, 320.6 C (66.7 F), 180.0 P
    Lunch: Salad with chicken, banana, QB
    PreWO: Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal + Almond Milk + Whey
    Dinner: Ground Turkey Sloppy Joe + Peppers, Sweet Potato, PWO Shake (Whey, Casein, GV, Greek Yogurt)
    Dessert: So Delicious Cherry Amaretto

Sleep: 7:21 / 91% s.e.
    Melatonin enhanced.. slept good!

Felt like I stuffed myself after my workout again... all the bloating of late makes it hard to see if I'm making any progress. 1 more week of this routine and then I'm switching to the alternate exercises for the final 2 weeks of phase II. Then I go skiing out West! And Phase III begins after I get back.

Friday & Saturday AM

Cals Burned: 2,056
    Worked from home.. 3 day break from the commute!

Nutrition: 1,635 Cals, 68.2 F, 133.3 C (37.5 F), 139.1 P
    Lunch - WF Chicken Turkey Sausages, California Blend of Veggies, Shake: Casein + GV + Almond Butter
    Snack - QB
    Dinner - Tacos at Mom & Dads

Sleep: 6:14 / 77% s.e.
    Natural
    Picked up some ashwagandha to help relax.. last thing I want is to add yet another supp.. but sounds like this one could be useful

Sat AM Weekly Check-In

Weight: 135.8 (+0.2 lbs)
    Waist: Stable at 28"
    Avg BF% (three point Test, Tanita BF Scale, Omron Monitor): +0.1%

Arms & legs are also a little bigger this week. Had a moment during the week where I looked real lean in the mirror - in a good way. Unfortunately the moment passed.. lol.. Still amazed I put down a (protein) cheesecake over 3 days and basically didn't gain any weight.

Saturday

Workout: p90x2 CBB, ABRx2
    Cals Burned: 2,481
    Last CBB workout before switching to the alt Phase II exercises.. moderately active the rest of the day, out late at a bar

Nutrition: not tracked after lunch, but fairly sure I went +20% over
    Pre-workout: Proatmeal
    Lunch - WF Chicken Turkey Sausages + Peppers, Sweet Potato
    PWO Shake: Whey + Casein + GV + Banana + Berries
    Mid-PM Snack - 1/4 of a Protein pumpkin cheesecake (made yesterday, couldn't wait to try)
    Dinner - Mexican restaurant - tequila chicken, a few beers

Sleep: 7:01 / 88% s.e.
    Natural

Dealing with some news... for a long time, thought she was the one, but she is going to marry someone else. Guess I knew it was coming, but not handling it well. Feel like ish, got no sleep, skipping my reg p90x2 workout today and going for a jog instead to get some fresh air.
    Last edited by RayD23; 02-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Sunday

Workout: 2 mile beach jog
    Cals Burned: 2,462 (proj.)
    First run outside since November? Low tide made for a nice area of firm sand for jogging. Surprised at my stamina, usually the 1st run of the season is torture.

Nutrition: 1,864
    Lunch - Ground Buffalo + Italian Seasoning, 1/4 protein pumpkin cheesecake
    Mid-PM Post-Run: QB Peanut Butter Supreme (wow!), Casein + GV + Banana
    Dinner - Whole Foods Chicken Burger

Sleep: 4:05 / 69% s.e.
    Out late, couldn't sleep in past 6.. ugh

The protein pumpkin cheesecake is awesome. It was a little flatter, probably because I went with a little less casein (1 scoop). In any case, 1,062 calories, 15.1 g F, 119.2 g C, 100.3 g Protein. Divide that by 4 and you have yourself a fairly innocuous set of macros to deal with. With a little bit of fiber in the pumpkin and going with lactaid cottage cheese (and less of it), hoping this round is a little easier on the system too. May try a tofutti version next.

Monday

Cals Burned: 1,983 (proj.)
    Back to the grind.. Sat night's lack of sleep caught up

Nutrition: 1,772 Cals, 60.4 F, 124.1 C (18.9 F), 181.8 P
    Lunch - Shrimp Skewers, Teriyaki Chicken, Banana
    Dinner - Ground Buffalo + Italian Seasoning, 1/4 protein pumpkin cheesecake, Casein + GV + Almond Butter
    Some uncertainty with today's tracking with lunch, but prob. close enough

Sleep: 6:27 / 90% s.e.
    My own fault, should have hit the sack sooner.

Had to check the tags on a pair of pants this AM. Put 'em on, felt unusually loose, thought I grabbed an old pair of 30's by mistake. Nope, they were the right ones. Leangains FTW!

Tuesday

Workout: p90x2 Shoulders & Arms, AbRX2
    Cals Burned: 2,156 (proj.)
    Reps or weights up on a few exercises.. will be switching to I believe V Sculpt for the final 2 weeks of phase II

Nutrition: 2,309 Cals, 38.4 F, 297.7 C (55.4 F), 204.1 P
    Lunch/Snack - Salad with chicken, veggies, QB Bar, Chobani Yogurt, Cocoa Loco Gluten Free Bar, Banana
    PreWO - Proatmeal
    Dinner - 99% Lean Ground Turkey / Sloppy Joe, PWO Shake, 1/4 protein pumpkin cheesecake + Edy's Pumpkin Ice Cream (Ri-diculous)
    Killing it on the protein.. have been aiming for 1 g per lb bodyweight but since I switched out fattier foods on workout days, it's just been easier to fill cals with protein

Sleep: 7:12 / 84% s.e.
    Melatonin-aided.. felt good.

So far I think the ashwagandha might be helping things out... woke up in a terrible mood, carried it through mid-morning and after taking my vitamins with lunch, it was like a switch went off.

Wednesday

Cals Burned: 1,902 (proj.)
    Anchored to my desk

Nutrition: 1,707 Cals, 75.5 F, 119.1 C (18.5 F), 143.4 P
    Lunch/Snack - Salad with chicken, veggies, Banana, PB&Co White Chocolate Wonderful
    Dinner - Chipotle bowl, Casein + GB, 2 Enjoy Life Mini Oatmeal Cookies
    Probably underreported today, felt like the Chipotle kids gave me a little more guac and rice than a typical serving plus I tend to sneak a handful of m&ms at work

Sleep: 5:57 / 86% s.e.
    Last night's cheesecake + ice cream = heartburn.. a little IIFYM setback.

Tomorrow I'll be trying the QB Mixed Berry to complete their array of flavors. The good news is I think the body is finally adjusting to all the fiber because these bars are delicious.

Thursday

Workout: p90x Back & Base
    Cals Burned: 2,082 (proj.)
    Back's been getting a little cranky, but still motivated to get through this

Nutrition: 2,314 Cals, 39.2 F, 320.3 C (52.9 F), 184.5 P
    Lunch/Snack - Salad with chicken, veggies, QB Mixed Berry, Banana, Enjoy Life Bar
    PreWO - Proatmeal
    Dinner - Ground Turkey / Sloppy Joe & Peppers, Sweet Potato, PostWO Shake, 2 Pop-Tarts
    These +20% days feel like overload, like a mad rush to eat before my IF window ends..

Sleep: 6:55 / 84% s.e.

Tough week.. but the weekend is a day away. And good riddance to February, Spring is around the corner...

Friday & Saturday AM

Friday

Cals Burned: 2,100
    Got some errands done post-work, still amazes me how it nets an easy +200 cals esp since I watched a movie once I got home

Nutrition: 1,752 Cals, 62.4 F, 159.2 C (27.4 F), 141.8 P
    Lunch - Salad with chicken, veggies, banana, WC Wonderful
    Dinner - Ground Buffalo with Italian Seasoning & Peppers, GV + Casein, So Delicious Cherry Amaretto (mmm...)

Sleep: 6:54 / 88% s.e.

Sat AM Weekly Check-In

Weight: 135.8 (+0.0 lbs)
    Waist: 28.3" (+0.3" .. may just be a little morning bloat)
    Avg BF% Ch. (three point calipers, Tanita BF Scale, Omron Monitor): -0.1%

Blows my mind that I feel like I'm overstuffing myself 3 days a week and weight is stable. I start the alternative Ph II exercises today and will carry that for the next 1 1/2 weeks.. then vacation.. then will start phase III on the 24th. Will do the +/-20% for the final 3 weeks, which will get me to mid-April.

Despite B&J going all in on "Occupy," couldn't help but pick up B&J Chocolate Nougat Crunch and the Greek Yogurt PB Banana flavors at a Stop & Shop today.

Had 1 serving of each and gotta say... ok. The Peanut Butter Banana GY is a little tangy but the PB and Banana taste compliments it well enough. It is different, and it's nice getting a little B&J in with low(er) fat. The Chocolate Nougat Crunch is good, but not great. The Sweet Cream base tasted a little bland compared to expectations (and maybe compared to the tangy GY I had just eaten) and the wafer cookie mix-ins were nothing special. A good balance of chocolate and vanilla flavoring though. Between the two, I do feel like those 460 cals would have been better served elsewhere (like a couple of servings of Cinnabun!), but perhaps eaten separately next time, my thoughts will change.

Saturday

Workout: p90x2 VSculpt
    Cals Burned: 2,375
    New workout, definitely feeling a different kind of sore this AM. Worked out a few hours later than usual, may be why calorie burn is a low for a Sat.?

Nutrition: 2,192 Cals, 61.9 F, 291.0 C (44.6 F), 142.1 P
    Left myself a little buffer in case I underestimated eating out.. A little high in fats after trying out 1 serving each of the 2 new B&J's pints (prev. post)

Sleep: 7:13 / 84% s.e.
    Shout out to Target's Simply Sleep knock-off

Vitamin Supplements
    Things have gotten out of control here. I'll read articles, posts from others about how supps are over-rated, "except [x]". The problem is everyone has a different must-have [x] and if their rationale is good enough, I often bite. So now I'm downing more pills than a geriatric!

My stash:
    Vitamins: C, B Complex, D, Vitamin Shoppe Multi
    Others: Fish Oil, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Green Tea, Garlic, Ashwagandha

I'm thinking I prob can get away with just the Multi, D (until spring), B-comp & Fish Oil as standards.. The Ash for high stress periods. Thoughts??