spotkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting in Enough Calories per Day

Okay, so I've started going to the gym full time as of 2 weeks ago. I've never held a gym membership before this and the only times I've ever gone were sporadically, but never for as a routine. I have to say that I really enjoy going and look forward to it and I can see differences in strength in just 2 weeks. However, here's my problem. I am definitely trying to build muscle and for that I know I must eat a lot. The only problem is that I've recently guesstimated how much calories I'm taking in per day and it's around 2000 at most (majority at night). To attain my goals, I should be consuming at least 2800 calories per day. I usually wake up at 8-9 am and sleep around midnight so that gives me just enough time for 6 meals which throughout the day should be roughly 470 calories per meal.

For breakfast, I usually have my protein shake with 8 oz of milk which is 230 calories. Then I have 2 slices of whole wheat toast which is 160 calories (total) and I have 2 whole eggs and 1 natural egg white usually scrambled which is roughly 160 calories. So for breakfast, I've already consumed 550 calories. Now before I go into the day, let me say that I have a casein protein shake before I go to bed. This usually consists of 8 oz milk, 1 scoop of casein protein, and I also have 8-12 almonds as well an hour or so before bed. So that's roughly 330 calories for my last meal.

Now this gives me 1900 calories to spread out through 4 meals split between breakfast and when I go to sleep. The only problem is that I see no possible way for me to consume this much on a daily basis without spending almost $10 a day purely on food and I just don't have that kind of money. I usually spend my time at class/gym from when I wake up to around 8pm which is my 5th meal. During the course of all this, I'd have to prepare 3 meals which is nearly impossible especially when they all have to be around 400-500 calories each. I'll usually prepare enough for a single meal and then buy something for $3 that fills me up but I'm still short a meal and my two meals don't necessarily add up to 800+ calories.

My problem isn't with eating or trying to figure out what to eat, but how to do it in a way where I can save some money. It's great that my gym membership's $10 a month. But at this rate, I see myself spending more on food per month than I do on my car payment.

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why are you hell bent on eating 6 meals a day. It doesn't matter. Eat when you want.

If you want to save money, milk and fast food are your friends. But either way, you're gonna be spending lots of money on food if you don't have parents to pay for it.

superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Peanut butter, Optimum Mass gainer

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    bulk maltodextrin
    PM me for workout advice Ladies
    * Conservative Crew *
    ❤King Brady Bearer of the 6 Rings Crew❤
    BvB
    *Bigger chest than female miscers Crew*
    *Team Putin*

Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Perfect11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with you, you definitely need to be eating more calories. And like Avodo said, if you're on a tight budget then fill up on milk. As for fast food I think that you're best off with subway's five-dollar footlongs. That's more than enough calories if you get a good sub with lots of stuff packed into it. And you'd only be spending $5 a day.

Rturn300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rturn300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get a job, make some money, then get a mass gainer. You'll get your calories a lot quicker.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by spotkey View Post
    The only problem is that I see no possible way for me to consume this much on a daily basis without spending almost $10 a day purely on food and I just don't have that kind of money. During the course of all this, I'd have to prepare 3 meals which is nearly impossible especially when they all have to be around 400-500 calories each. I'll usually prepare enough for a single meal and then buy something for $3 that fills me up but I'm still short a meal and my two meals don't necessarily add up to 800+ calories.

My problem isn't with eating or trying to figure out what to eat, but how to do it in a way where I can save some money.
    Why dont you prepare your meals before you got to school? Pack like a piece of fruit along with a deli sandwich for each meal you are gonna have at school. Add sauces in if you get tired of it. This way you say that $3 a day.

Weight gainer is no replacement for real food, should just be used a supplement. Dictionary.com has a great definition on what "supplement" means. Especially on a fixed income, weight gainer is ****ing expensive.

gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwasboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1lb meat at target roughly $3
    pasta noodles $1.17
    pasta sauce $2
    Gal of milk rougly 2.99

You shouldnt have trouble getting the cals in. U can snack on almonds and eat peanut butter too