StupidNewGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I had questions, Radioshack didn't have answers. Do you?

I started weight lifting on May 1st, following Brit_Beef's old sticky 3 days split beginner than intermediate routines. Everything has been going well, and I have been getting stronger. These are not really questions about what I'm doing wrong, but more of what more could I do right?

After lifting for these two months, I've noticed some gains on my end (pick up bigger weights now, slightly largeer) but should things be this slow? I'm not impatient, I am just new, and want to make sure I'm doing things right.

During my workout, I feel like everything has been worked out, but frankly, I hate waiting a week in order to work out, say, my chest or biceps again. They really feel like they could be worked out more, but I don't want to potential mess with my 3-day split as it is. Should I get a new 4-day split program with say a Monday chest/biceps and a Friday chest/biceps program going? What do you think?

Also, should I take a protein supplement with my workout? I would really like to gain a bit more mass (6'1" 163lbs) and was wondering if this helped? My friend says Nitrotech is a good brand to get, so I'm curious to see if supplements can really be a good helper in this area.

Sorry, it's a lot of questions I know, but I'd appreciate advice from people with proven results on how to bodybuild efficiently and healthy.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes
    it takes time

why did you ask people at radio shack?

StupidNewGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Radioshack part was a joke.

Es Dubya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been using the same three day split (Push, Pull, Legs) for just short of a year now and decided to do something different so here's what I started doing.

MON-back, chest
    -Deadlifts 2warm up sets 2 work sets
    -Weighted Chins 1warm up set 2 work sets
    -Rows 1warm up set 2 work sets

-Incline DB Press 2warm up 2 work
    -Weighted Dips 1warm up 2 work
    -Pec Deck 1 warm up 2 work

WED legs
    -Squats 2warm 2 work
    -SLDL 1warm 2 work
    -Calf Raises 2work

FRI Shoulders Arms
    -Standing OH Press 2warm 2work
    -Lateral Raises 1warm 2work

-CG bench press 1warm 2work
    -DB skull crushers 1warm 2 work

-BB curl 2warm 2work
    -Db preacher curl 1warm 2work

I might throw in shrugs on friday, I'm going to see how my traps resopond to the deadlifts only for a while.

I just started this routine Monday so I don't know how well its gonna work. I wanted to see how my arms are going to respond to the indirect then direct work from monday to friday. They haven't gained any size in some time now. Anyway, i thought it might interest you for a different three day routine.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm currently on a 5 day split but would like to change it to a 3 day split to give my body more rest.... (and ya I know it sounds cheap but it'll save me gas and a trip to the gym)

Monday: Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday: Forearm/Abs
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Back/Biceps
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest/Cardio

Would it be safe to include shoulders on chest/tricep/shoulder day? I mean my shoulders are almost always sore after I work my chest but you get alot of tricep work when you train your shoulders. So you might as well shoot them all in one shot right? But would that lead to over training? That would make monday a really hard day. Would it be safe?

Of course I can move Forearm to back day. And work my abs on wednesday with legs?

Would this be safe and not lead to overtraining?
    Monday: Chest/Tri's/Shoulders
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Legs/Abs
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Back/Biceps/Forearms
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Es Dubya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN

Would this be safe and not lead to overtraining?
    Monday: Chest/Tri's/Shoulders
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Legs/Abs
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Back/Biceps/Forearms
    That was my old split. It's excellent provided you have good exercises.

IrishRugbyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: I had questions, Radioshack didn't have answers. Do you?

During my workout, I feel like everything has been worked out, but frankly, I hate waiting a week in order to work out, say, my chest or biceps again. They really feel like they could be worked out more, but I don't want to potential mess with my 3-day split as it is. Should I get a new 4-day split program with say a Monday chest/biceps and a Friday chest/biceps program going? What do you think?

Also, should I take a protein supplement with my workout? I would really like to gain a bit more mass (6'1" 163lbs) and was wondering if this helped? My friend says Nitrotech is a good brand to get, so I'm curious to see if supplements can really be a good helper in this area.

First thing is be patient bro.

If you work hard enough and blast your chest for example in a killer session, you wont feel like doing chest for another 5/7 days anyway...you'll be sore for about 3 of them so you'll be half way there!!

Also taking a protein supp would be good, but even better might be a meal replacement shake. aim to have about 5/6 meals a day, get enough calories and you'll start to bulk, but not only that you'll start seeing pretty good strenght gains along with it in a matter of weeks. good nutrition is half the batte bro. also creatine could help you out in the form of gains, and they should help fairly quickly if you do it right.

This might seem like total **** to you now, but do some searches, read up on this stuff in the forums, do a bit of research, inform yourself and it'll all start falling into place.

good luck.
    Last edited by IrishRugbyGuy; 07-02-2003 at 01:51 PM.

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: I had questions, Radioshack didn't have answers. Do you?

Originally posted by StupidNewGuy
    I started weight lifting on May 1st, following Brit_Beef's old sticky 3 days split beginner than intermediate routines. Everything has been going well, and I have been getting stronger. These are not really questions about what I'm doing wrong, but more of what more could I do right?

After lifting for these two months, I've noticed some gains on my end (pick up bigger weights now, slightly largeer) but should things be this slow? I'm not impatient, I am just new, and want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Sorry, it's a lot of questions I know, but I'd appreciate advice from people with proven results on how to bodybuild efficiently and healthy.
    Ok, following Brit's routines was a good idea to start you off. I'd still recommend staying with the 3 days a week, that's what's worked best for me. I started off in the 140's when I was 18, now at 23 I'm up to 215 (been gaining pretty quickly lately).

As for a protein shake, I take 3 of these guys a day, and this is what I'd recommend for you to take:

(Blend this together)
    1 container of yogurt
    1 banana
    1 serving of vanilla protein powder (20-32g of whey)
    1/4 cup of Quaker oats
    Enough milk to thin it out to your liking.

As for supplements, creatine is great. I take 10g, twice a day while loading (in my morning and night time shakes). After a week of loading, I go down to 5g per shake (still in the morning and night time shakes). I'll take creatine for a period of 8 weeks total, followed by 6-8 weeks off. People argue back and forth on whether loading is necessary, I load anyway "just in case".

I also like Omega Stack by Muscle Link. It's an EFA supplement, I take 5 caps in the morning and 5 at night. This ends up equaling 10 grams of EFAs.

Universal Uni-Liver is another good supplement for overall gains, I take 6 caps when I wake up and 6 before bed.

Remember though, these are just supplements. You have to have a good amount of regular food coming into your system throughout the day as well. Don't forget your veggies!

It takes time though, just stick with it. Every workout makes you a little bit bigger and a little bit stronger, don't give up!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011