redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Pain in front and lateral heads of the deltoid when doing pushing movements. Why?

Any pushing exercise that involves use of those 2 heads of the shoulder causes a great deal of pain there. Exercises for the anterior/lateral heads of the shoulder I cannot do-like military press or DB lateral raises. Also I cannot do chest either-barbell benching pressing of all angles (incline, flat, decline). I haven't done chest/front and side shoulders for a week and I can only work out my back, arms, traps and rear delts for my upper body. What's wrong? Are there (at the least) any chest exercises I can do? I have a pretty crappy chest mass wise so yeah. But anyways, what is wrong?

platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently had almost the exact same issue with pain in those movements. I haven't yet had an MRI, but my doctor seems to think it is simple rotator cuff tendinitis. I took almost two weeks off completely and have been doing more stretching and tendon strengthening. I was told that military press and flat barbell bench are the two worst movements for my rotator cuff, and that I should basically never do them again. So I'm also trying to mix up my routine. This week I did front upright rows, front/rear shrugs, dumbbell incline press, etc... with no pain. I've already lost 5 pounds and I'm worried all the strength and mass improvements I worked hard on obtaining late last year will just simply slip away. After all, Shoulders are key to most movements. Just take some time off, and ease back in. Lift light. Go heavy on things that don't hurt, etc.

redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by platypusman View Post
    I recently had almost the exact same issue with pain in those movements. I haven't yet had an MRI, but my doctor seems to think it is simple rotator cuff tendinitis. I took almost two weeks off completely and have been doing more stretching and tendon strengthening. I was told that military press and flat barbell bench are the two worst movements for my rotator cuff, and that I should basically never do them again. So I'm also trying to mix up my routine. This week I did front upright rows, front/rear shrugs, dumbbell incline press, etc... with no pain. I've already lost 5 pounds and I'm worried all the strength and mass improvements I worked hard on obtaining late last year will just simply slip away. After all, Shoulders are key to most movements. Just take some time off, and ease back in. Lift light. Go heavy on things that don't hurt, etc.
    I noticed that after this week I start doing exercises that specifically target the rotator cuff..the middle deltoid pain has gone away and I can do exercises for that head of the muscle without pain. But I still can't do any exercises that hit the anterior deltoid head. My shoulder movements have just involved the middle and rear heads. I have never heard of a anterior delt tear but could it be that?

platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) platypusman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very well could be possible. I have done a handful of rotator cuff excercises recently and continue to do them before and during each workout. It seems to help a lot!

Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Similar situation.

About three weeks ago, I made the mistake of lifting really heavy twice in the same week with military press and it really put a strain on both of my shoulders. Several years ago, a similar thing happened to me and I took a week or two off and did some very light weight (10 pound DBs) fly exercies for my front, mid and rear delts. Worked like a charm and I haven't had a problem since.

This time around, that reemdy has not worked. My right shoulder is fully healed, but my left feels just as stiff as it did last week. No healing progress at all. It's just a dull pain in the direct center of my left shoulder anytime I do anykind of outreach movement -- pushing up or out.

Any thoughts?
    "My only enemy is time." - Charlie Chaplin

My movie blog:
    http://paulopicks.blogspot.com/

Ready To Kick Ass at 40 kyoun1e's Avatar
    kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Google supraspinatus tendonitis and eccentric exercise