madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much weight do you need to gain to keep on increasing your Maximal Squat?

I am cutting down to around 150lbs and once I get there I should be around 10% body fat. My goal is to squat 2x my bodyweight at 10% body fat. I am continuing to lift heavy during my cut and I can squat 260x1. Once I get down to 10% body fat I want to increase the calories a little bit but my main goal is what I said before. Do you guys think I will have to gain another 10-20 lbs to be squatting 320 lbs or so or could I hit stay around 150lbs and hit 300lbs? I know that is a little hard to answer but just from experience was getting to 2x your bodyweight hard without gaining a lot of weight.

letlifeburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not at all, you could stay at 150 and squat that much easy, i myself stayed between 83-85kg/182-187lbs whilst taking my squat from an empty 20kg/44lbs bar, and never doing a squat in my life, to 150kg/330lbs 5x5, what youll probably notice is youll lose a bit of bodyfat whilst staying the same weight.

There was an olympic lifter called Halil Mutlu who still holds records, he was only 56kg/123lbs but could snatch 138.5kg/305lbs and C&J 168kg/370lbs, when he moved up a class to 62kg/136lbs he was able to snatch 147.5kg/324lbs and C&J 175kg/385lbs. So if you look at it like that by adding 6kg/13lbs, he added 9kg/19lbs to his snatch and 7kg/15lbs to his C&J. But he was already lifting 3x his BW on them lifts, which is incredible strength, so his squat must of been massive.

So yes its very possible for you to stay at 150lbs and squat 300lbs as long as you keep up the training. Just remember that strength gains dont necessarily mean you need to gain lots of mass, olympic lifters are proof of this, there very lean but can lift huge amounts of weights.

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by letlifeburn View Post
    Not at all, you could stay at 150 and squat that much easy, i myself stayed between 83-85kg/182-187lbs whilst taking my squat from an empty 20kg/44lbs bar, and never doing a squat in my life, to 150kg/330lbs 5x5, what youll probably notice is youll lose a bit of bodyfat whilst staying the same weight.

There was an olympic lifter called Halil Mutlu who still holds records, he was only 56kg/123lbs but could snatch 138.5kg/305lbs and C&J 168kg/370lbs, when he moved up a class to 62kg/136lbs he was able to snatch 147.5kg/324lbs and C&J 175kg/385lbs. So if you look at it like that by adding 6kg/13lbs, he added 9kg/19lbs to his snatch and 7kg/15lbs to his C&J. But he was already lifting 3x his BW on them lifts, which is incredible strength, so his squat must of been massive.

So yes its very possible for you to stay at 150lbs and squat 300lbs as long as you keep up the training. Just remember that strength gains dont necessarily mean you need to gain lots of mass, olympic lifters are proof of this, there very lean but can lift huge amounts of weights.
    It's kinda stupid to compare some regular dudes with genetic and juiced pro athletes.
    On topic: It's possible, it's not that hard to achieve 2Xbw squat.

letlifeburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wouldnt say i was comparing him directly to Halil, i was just showing him there are people out there who stay the same weight, but can lift massive amounts of weight. Which if im not mistaken was exactly what the poster was asking in the first place.

DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The squat is such a technical lift, you could improve your numbers just by doing it more and really focusing on form. It wouldn't hurt to keep bulking in order to improve your lifts, especially at 5'10" 160. Then, if you cut slowly and stay consistent with your workouts, you won't lose much strength.
    If you're not willing to get your diet in check, then your supplements and gym membership are a waste of money.

GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DNClay View Post
    The squat is such a technical lift, you could improve your numbers just by doing it more and really focusing on form. It wouldn't hurt to keep bulking in order to improve your lifts, especially at 5'10" 160. Then, if you cut slowly and stay consistent with your workouts, you won't lose much strength.
    As said above, I increased my squat during a cut by working on form and doing more work on my posterior chain.

ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by madeira17 View Post
    I am cutting down to around 150lbs and once I get there I should be around 10% body fat. My goal is to squat 2x my bodyweight at 10% body fat. I am continuing to lift heavy during my cut and I can squat 260x1. Once I get down to 10% body fat I want to increase the calories a little bit but my main goal is what I said before. Do you guys think I will have to gain another 10-20 lbs to be squatting 320 lbs or so or could I hit stay around 150lbs and hit 300lbs? I know that is a little hard to answer but just from experience was getting to 2x your bodyweight hard without gaining a lot of weight.
    I'm on the same boat as you. I'm at 180 but tryna get down to 170. Out of curiosity, what workouts regimen are you doing to increase your squat?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    squatting 300 at a bw of 150 doesnt require genetic gifts nor a steroid cycle, just a little but of effort.