Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Drinking alcohol while cutting

Obviously the easy answer is don't drink, I get that. But some occasions occur when its kind of customary to have a drink while socializing. What is a good drink that is low in calories and carbs that you can drink and be able to milk for a while, but still at least catch a buzz off of?

I know an easy one is Jack and water, no juices to sugar it up. Vodka on the rocks, but that involves holding a glass of vodka thats easy to throw back too quickly.

hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your best bet is liquor like you already mentioned. jack and diet coke is good. get a double shot.

alcohol is my cutting vice too.

MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrManchild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hiimnotcool View Post

alcohol is my cutting vice too.
    lol i always feel like an alcoholic trying to work my drinking into my diet

Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smittaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have the article but its on leangains if you want to search for it. He basically describes all that and more so that you can not worry just about total cals but how alcohol is processed 1st.

aka - eat lots of lean protein that day with less than normal fat and almost no carbs.

Does talk also about drink selection. Miller light has 3.2g of carbs, which is what I do cuz I like beer.
    Personal Records-
    BB Bench 315x1
    Squat 295x6
    DL 365x2
    weighted dips +100lbsx12

JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuiceMcNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't mind Gin, a Gin & Soda with extra lime is always a good choice if you really need a drink. A shot of gin ranges from 50-70 calories per shot and Club Soda has zero calories.

I will warn you though be sure you are very clear with your bartender when you do order this as some will automatically assume you mean a Gin & Tonic which is a completely different monster, also the difference between a 70 calorie drink and a 170 calorie drink.

guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyver79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whiskey, vodka + diet coke or it might be wrong, but i've read that a glass of wine can help take you into ketosis.

Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rynosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink...a lot...and successfully cut. In fact a lot of my biggest losses are after a night of drinking. Here's how:
    On "drinking days" eat almost exclusively protein. Very little fats and carbs.
    I usually eat about 1000-1300 cals on my drinking days, vast majority from protein and my maintenance is about 2500 Cals.
    It's simple as that.

One tip though, try to eat much of the Cals closely to when you start to drink, otherwise you'll end up wasted after 4 beers and by midnight you'll so drunk you'll down a whole box of cereal and a probably a pizza too.

andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here you go OP, read this link. Drinking while cutting is completely ok, just be reasonable about it.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html

Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by andrewmc View Post
    Here you go OP, read this link. Drinking while cutting is completely ok, just be reasonable about it.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html
    Was reading through the thread and was going to post the same link - good article!

Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking on a cut = Angry sex with a large pizza.

Red wine puts you in Ketosis, really?
    "REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM."

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vasyok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat about 1.500 cals on drinking days and I usually drink vodka + diet soda. No problem at all. Actually drinking often helps to lose some water. I always look much more ripped the morning after.

cyounger100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    vodka soda water w a lime best it gets if your cutting

Progress not perfection PunkyCindy's Avatar
    PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't drink often, but I like bourbon and diet 7up.

EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EthanPrydderch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I watched a "Scott Herman" video on youtube and he said that its not the calories in the alcohol that's the problem, He said as alcohol is a toxin it prevents/slows the body from metabolising food that has been consumed a couple of hours before and after drinking the alcohol. If you go onto Youtube and type is "Scott herman alcohol" it should be the first video. I have just summed up what he said,It's worth watching his video if you are interested.

Hope this helps,
    Ethan

Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alephbata is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My rules for drinking while cutting:

1. Don't drink beer

2. Drink liquor

3. Only use diet mixers

4. Make sure you're factoring in the alcohol to your daily calorie count

5. Don't ingest dietary fats in large quantities on the day you drink.

Vish666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Motaba View Post
    Drinking on a cut = Angry sex with a large pizza.
    LOL! Agree completely.

Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find myself getting in extra exercise on the weekends so I'll have enough of a deficit to drink that night. I prefer vodka, and I just mix it with whatever 0 calorie drink I have handy, i.e. diet soda, tea, club soda, even used water before. My friends usually only buy orange juice for their screwdrivers.

Btw, what's with the advice about not eating lots of fat? I haven't heard about that before.

jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamzee500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I binge drink normally twice a week and still lose weight every week, all I do is scale my CALS down in the week knowing they will be higher on the weekend cos of the booze, this keeps my average daily intake where I want it to be, always drink vodka with diet mixers. Sometimes il even scale my calories in the week down really low and have a massive KFC and drink at the weekend, none of this has ever seemed to stop my weight loss...

JM

SimonSaysnoFat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bacardi and diet coke. Low in calories.

Registered User insaneIrishMama's Avatar
    insaneIrishMama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking

I have an issue with this as well, and anytime I have some social drinking situation, I drink everclear with either Gatorade or v8splash. And every morning, especially if I was fairly intoxicated, I can't help but drink 1/2 gallon of fat free milk, and it'll have me down 5-6 pounds, sometimes more. But once I get my h2O intake back where I need it, all those dehydrated cells are rehydrated, and Im back where I started.

SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just eat a little less on a day you drink and when you drink straight liquor only or mixes with diet pops if you like the taste of them.
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

godlyginger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godlyginger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godlyginger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godlyginger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godlyginger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

devotion

drink devotion vodka, its a 750ml bottle with 2 grams a protein in each shot, no fat and less than 1 gram of carbs.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty much any liqueur mixed with a diet soft drink is going to leave you absolutely fine in terms of calories. I do Jack + Diet Coke personally, can have about 8 of those in a night and have it not effect the scales.

Bonner7994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whiskey and diet coke, good combination.

Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gatorrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Becks Light, 3.8% and only 64 calories compared to bud light 4.2% and 110 calories, i drink 10+ beers every saturday and i've lost 31 LB's in my first two months lol

maninder1275 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Champagne- 84 calories

Light beer- at 110 calories per standard drink, this is a better option than regular beer.

White and red wine- 75-105 calories depending on the level of sweetness.

Spirits (80 proof)- Gin, rum, vodka, whisky , tequila, brandy and cognac all come in at around 65 calories, but beware of high sugar mixers that can seriously increase this.
    To know more about check this jumboslijterij.nl/ copy and paste url

Thanks,
    http://jumboslijterij.nl/

biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100) biggero is not very well liked. (-100)
    Interesting topic. For sure, calories are important to watch but there's also the carbs. On my non-cheating day, I drink red wine or vodka with San Pelligrino (or Perrier). If you dirnk it slowly, it will limit the increase of your glycemic index.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StretchYx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On the note of mixers wouldn't it be better to drink a healthy juice drink instead of 'Diet coke'.

Diet Coke may have less sugar on it's label but it's full of sweeteners and added preservatives what I doubt is good for your body if you are cutting or not. Pure Orange juice in my opinion should be the healthiest mixer but I'm no expert.

Location: Surrey, Walton on thames, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StretchYx View Post
    On the note of mixers wouldn't it be better to drink a healthy juice drink instead of 'Diet coke'.

Diet Coke may have less sugar on it's label but it's full of sweeteners and added preservatives what I doubt is good for your body if you are cutting or not. Pure Orange juice in my opinion should be the healthiest mixer but I'm no expert.
    Soda water > all.
    Current Lifts - B 140kg x 5| S 185kg x 3 | D 200kg x 6 | Front S 130kg x 5 |

☆☆☆ υк ¢яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Occasional competitor crew ☆☆☆

kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually drink vodka and sometimes i will find a good mio that i think would make a good chaser... they have different lemonade flavors that pair pretty well. it at least makes me feel a little better about myself if i still have a pretty solid water intake on drinking days and that really helps. I hit it hard about twice a week on friday and saturday or saturday and sunday. from what I have seen vodka has about 95 calories in 1.5 oz. try looking up the "get drunk not fat" app... it will give you suggestions on the best alcohol and chasers and mixed drinks.