brentnstacey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is the sauna good or bad for muscle growth?

I'm 37 years old and have been lifting for a few years. I've grown accustomed to spending 10-15 minutes in the Sauna after an intense workout. My primary goal is muscle growth. I need to know if I'm hurting muscle growth by entering the sauna after my workout.

loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only if there's spiders in there scabbing at your skin. Then you might be out for a while. If not, no it's fine.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Many use that or hot epson salt baths for recovery! Standard recommendation!

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The argument against a sauna directly after a workout would be along these lines. If you did a good hard workout you caused muscle damage. In general youd want to cool down, rather than further heat up, those damaged muscles. Thats why you put ice on an sprain directly afterwards...you only put heat on it maybe the next day etc.

Personally id guess the ultimate would be a good cold shower right after the workout. The sauna would be perfect on non workout days.

As usual, opinions differ and so do other factors. It could be that the sauna right after a workout helps promote blood flow and healing in the muscles you worked yesterday etc
    "Humility comes before honor"

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Just stay out of the ones in Thailand. I hear they can really kill your gains!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Literally.....

zyzz
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No comment on the saunas but contrast showers work well for me.

http://articles.elitefts.com/article.../power-shower/
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Op listen to this^, experience should be heeded!

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brentnstacey View Post
    I need to know if I'm hurting muscle growth by entering the sauna after my workout.
    Not directly, but you're hurting your recovery time ( if you train hard ). Heat after an intense session will spread inflamation and cause you to take longer to recover. An ice bath is the way to go after hard training.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually take a quick soak in my hot tub several hours after working out, is this bad?

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm 37 years old and have been lifting for a few years. I've grown accustomed to spending 10-15 minutes in thing Sauna after an intense workout. My primary goal is muscle growth. I need to know if I'm hurting muscle growth by entering the sauna after my workout.
    I would like to hear what peoples opinion is on this. I love going to the gym and sometimes I have the chance to make it a workout night but I just worked out 3 days in a row and I know Im better off if I wait and pass tonight then hit Chest tomorrow and Legs the next day and skip the next and then Saturday finish off with Biceps and Triceps. I dont always do everything the same order I just make sure I hit every thing at least once a week some times I will do back and traps twice or every 5 days or so bc I have been doing that for 5 weeks and made great gains and actually fixed an injury or more like improved a weak spot. My question is if I have free time but I dont want to lift weights 9bc I know a day off would be better for growth) would going sitting in the dry sauna for about 20-25 minutes help me, hurt me or make no difference at all as far as muscles recouping? I know mentally and physically I feel awesome when I get in my truck and drive home after a sauna day. I drink A LOT of WATER....and usually throw gatorade mix powder in a 32 ounce bottle I carry with me on sauna days. So will the dry sauna help me at all?

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Not directly, but you're hurting your recovery time ( if you train hard ). Heat after an intense session will spread inflamation and cause you to take longer to recover. An ice bath is the way to go after hard training.
    who is the heck is going to go home and sit in a tub of ice lol. I mean the body should be smart enough and strong enough that after we lift weights 20 minutes of some sweating and heat shouldnt hurt. I did ask b/c I was curious on peoples opinions but there are lot of people bodybuilders even bulking cutting etc that love the dry sauna. For me I know it makes me feel good maybe its more mental but I do it after almost every time I lift and I really was asking on for a day like today....Im taking an off day bc of what Ive done last 3 of 4 days and have planned out what Im doing the next 3 of 4. So today I want to sit in sauna and chill. Am I just wasting time other than feeling good or does it help muscles at all or just help my largest organ my skin? Im not worried about the hydration thing Im water logged all the time.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will have to let my forces friends know they are wasting their time lifting in Kuwait as its never below 35 degrees and there are zero ice baths available!!
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by muscleshakes View Post
    I would like to hear what peoples opinion is on this. I love going to the gym and sometimes I have the chance to make it a workout night but I just worked out 3 days in a row and I know Im better off if I wait and pass tonight then hit Chest tomorrow and Legs the next day and skip the next and then Saturday finish off with Biceps and Triceps. I dont always do everything the same order I just make sure I hit every thing at least once a week some times I will do back and traps twice or every 5 days or so bc I have been doing that for 5 weeks and made great gains and actually fixed an injury or more like improved a weak spot. My question is if I have free time but I dont want to lift weights 9bc I know a day off would be better for growth) would going sitting in the dry sauna for about 20-25 minutes help me, hurt me or make no difference at all as far as muscles recouping? I know mentally and physically I feel awesome when I get in my truck and drive home after a sauna day. I drink A LOT of WATER....and usually throw gatorade mix powder in a 32 ounce bottle I carry with me on sauna days. So will the dry sauna help me at all?
    I'm only going by memory but when the body overheats from exercise there are compounds that are produced that limit the ability to produce energy. It's sort of a built in thermal protection system. IMHO, I don't think normal weight lifting usually thermally taxes the body to quite that extent. It may be more of an issue with sports and conditioning type work or other activities that leave you drenched in sweat. Especially if there is a quick turnaround time before the next activity.

I'll take a cold shower after conditioning work to aid in recovery so that I'm ready for the next training session. It sucks at first but it is rather energizing.

socoguy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sauna helps?

I've started using a dry Sauna at my University and I feel great after my work out. From what I've read on medical websites, there's increased blood flow to the muscles and joints and the sweat helps carry out toxins that were produced while weight lifting. Afterwards, it says to get into cold water to reclose the skin's pores and bring the blood back to the body's inner core. But I am not sure if this is for cold weather. Also the websites say that it helps remove lactic acid from the damaged muscles.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A nice epsom salt bath is da bomb for sore muscles after a workout. I usually do that the day after a workout, though, not immediately after.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you get your testicles too hot it's bad for muscle growth if you are natty. If you aren't natty it doesn't matter.

I avoid hot tubs and saunas for that reason. It may not be valid (they may not get hot enough), but I avoid them for that reason alone.
    Its not enough!

Registered User christopherwgri's Avatar
    christopherwgri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Absolutely.. Relax enjoy yourself. If you really wanted to, you could even bring your protein shake in with you and sip on it while you chill directly after a workout if your truly concerned.

mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use a sauna for 20 minutes after most of my workout. I don't know why it would hurt anything.
    Starting weight - 184 ~ Goal weight - 172

Jan 1-184|Jan 8-182.8|Jan 15-xxx|Jan 22-184|Jan 29-xxx|Total-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx|Total-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx|Total-xxx

freelatics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 37 years old and have been lifting for a few years. I've grown accustomed to spending 10-15 minutes in the Sauna after an intense workout. My primary goal is muscle growth. I need to know if I'm hurting muscle growth by entering the sauna after my workout.
    neither just fill the lost fluid loose, it dose not affects your muscle in any way, but it dose your nerves and skin and that in positive way.
    no one dies a virgin life screws us all.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good lord people, its 10 minutes in the sauna, not the Marathon los Sables.

OP, you will be fine. A good sweat after a workout helps me as well.

Registered User FreeFitnessGuru's Avatar
    FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000) FreeFitnessGuru is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sauna can dramatically increase HGH - just google hgh sauna & you will find the info

1600% I saw in one report - but you have to stay in there 2-3 hours at a time

10-20 minutes is pointless

You need to drink lots of water - like 3 litres per hour & come out for a cold shower every 10 minutes or so
    Gareth Thomas
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I've Been a Weight Lifter Since 1984

Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goku671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    doubt it makes a difference

bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjpapi will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I’m 37 and just started working out again back in February after many years of “this is the year for me”. I thought I was hurting my gains by going in the sauna at my gym because I wasnt feeling sore at all after hard lifting days and strenuous workouts. I didn’t even get very sore at all the first week I started working out.

For the past week I’ve been lifting but haven’t been going in the sauna and I’ve been sore for days after a workout, I actually like feeling a little sore, it tells me I had a good workout. I was also afraid that the sauna was hurting progress with my workouts.

I googled HGH and Sauna and read all the articles that popped up on the first page. I was quickly reminded of the reasons why I started using the sauna last year and will be starting up my marathon sauna sessions again. 2X30 mins in sauna that’s usually at least 180F with a 10-15 minute dip in the pool for cool down in between, I also cool down at the very end with a cold shower. I usually go in right after working out and do it at least 3 times a week. I drink tons of water while I’m in there and my heart rate goes up to 150. On days when I feel like I can handle it, and have the time, I push it to two 45 minute sessions.

Here is an article describing some of the benefits

wilderlyman dot com/7-sauna-benefits

tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, the thread is only 3 years old... but it’s an interesting discussion.

Everything I’ve seen says that heat after the workout is either beneficial or of no benefit but with no ill effect.

IMO it keeps the blood flowing longer, helping recovery and removing toxins generated by the workout. I use a hot tub, not a sauna, but same idea.