akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does a cut cycle usually last?

Title.

I'm not cutting I'm just wondering. I'm currently bulking but I sort of want to start cutting in April for 6-8 weeks and then clean bulk again. Would that be worth it?

Thanks

Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dedicaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by akatric View Post
    Title.

I'm not cutting I'm just wondering. I'm currently bulking but I sort of want to start cutting in April for 6-8 weeks and then clean bulk again. Would that be worth it?

Thanks
    if youre 5'1" 168 and 11% bodyfat i would recommend a bulk. 11% bodyfat isnt a lot, your cut would b better with more muscle on your frame bruh.

but if your avi/stats arent accurate then your time period sounds about right. just go by what your body feels/what you see as well

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I was to cut, I would cut to 10%. If I was at 15% bf, I would cut for 8 weeks. If I was at 20% bf, I'd cut for 16 weeks.

TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000) TN42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on how much you have to lose. Could be 8 weeks for some or 20+ for others.
    ~Cody

Lifting PRs:
    315lbs/255lbs/405lbs

Goals by December 31, 2012:
    405lbs/315lbs/495lbs

akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dedicaat View Post
    if youre 5'1" 168 and 11% bodyfat i would recommend a bulk. 11% bodyfat isnt a lot, your cut would b better with more muscle on your frame bruh.

but if your avi/stats arent accurate then your time period sounds about right. just go by what your body feels/what you see as well
    Yeah. BF is probably around 12 or 13% right now. The omron thing doesnt seem to be too accurate. But yeah. Thanks for the input

EDIT: I'll probably be around 14-15 by April I'm assuming. Not sure. Gaining around 1.5 lbs per week at this point.

EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50) EstasMirando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    If I was to cut, I would cut to 10%. If I was at 15% bf, I would cut for 8 weeks. If I was at 20% bf, I'd cut for 16 weeks.
    Im at about 12% right now, let's say 15% to Highball it and be safe. so if I wanted 8% by the first day of summer, when should I start my cut?should I start losing 2 pounds a week, then add calories and lose 1 pound per week? would I need to carb cycle to get to 8%? I know these questions are subjective and different for everyone but a generalization would be fine. thanks brah!

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EstasMirando View Post
    Im at about 12% right now, let's say 15% to Highball it and be safe. so if I wanted 8% by the first day of summer, when should I start my cut?should I start losing 2 pounds a week, then add calories and lose 1 pound per week? would I need to carb cycle to get to 8%? I know these questions are subjective and different for everyone but a generalization would be fine. thanks brah!
    Start at 1lb and try to stay at 1lb.
    If you're cutting at 1.5lb, that'd still be decent. 2lbs is pushing it.
    Carble cycling is pointless.

LETTUCE say you were 15% bf.
    To get to 8% bf you would need to lose 11.9lbs. I would suggest cutting to 10% at 1lb a week which would take 8.5lbs. Sub 10% is much more difficult.
    This is when IMO, you should switch to .5lbs a week if you can get your diet to a T. This will take another 7 weeks haha.

This is what I would do if I was cutting to 8%. Some people might tell you to cut at 1lb a week the whole time. If you WANT to, then do it.

pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10) pthyland is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    Start at 1lb and try to stay at 1lb.
    If you're cutting at 1.5lb, that'd still be decent. 2lbs is pushing it.
    Carble cycling is pointless.

LETTUCE say you were 15% bf.
    To get to 8% bf you would need to lose 11.9lbs. I would suggest cutting to 10% at 1lb a week which would take 8.5lbs. Sub 10% is much more difficult.
    This is when IMO, you should switch to .5lbs a week if you can get your diet to a T. This will take another 7 weeks haha.

This is what I would do if I was cutting to 8%. Some people might tell you to cut at 1lb a week the whole time. If you WANT to, then do it.

hey Comps, mystats here arent on point but im ball parking about 20% bf . my diet is about 2200 cals. my metabolism is slow. im getting about 307g of protein, 165G carbs and about 25g of fats, im tryingto cutt down to 10/12% any advice on how long a should cutt? should i shock my body by cycle the macros, spiking them?