FGParkour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FGParkour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FGParkour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Android App: add workout log

I really think you guys can corner the market and push out the Jefit program by doing

1. a workout log
    2. doing it better than Jefit's (which sucks MAJOR BALLS, it is actually terrible!) also the other workout log apps are also terrible. They are all lacking in easy to navigate UI.

Features:

Add an exercise from the already present list:
    OR start typing an exercise and it will suggest which ones you are thinking of based on what you have typed already.

Once selected, you must set the weight that you did. Buttons should look like this: (or manually type it in the box)

+ 2.5 Toggle Plus/Minus
    + 50 + 30 + 20 + 1
    + 100 + 40 + 10 + 5

Then amount of reps, same idea:

+1 + 3 + 5
    + 6 + 4 + 2

Then press Ok and it adds it as a set.

For exercises that are based on time, like hangs or paralettes, I suggest a cool and unique feature (not to mention not difficult to code)

You have an analog clock, set to 12:00, both arrows pointing up. Then you put your finger on the arrow, and drag it to the right. A corresponding number changes in seconds. If you did 80 seconds for example, you just drag the arrow around one full circle then to the 4. Or, if you have not done the exercise yet, there should be a button at the bottom, Start, that starts the clock and counts up. That same button should now read stop and you can stop when you finish and can now amend the time by dragging it forward or back, incase it is not accurate.

Lastly with this fun little clock, you should have a second button at the bottom called countdown. This time, you set the clock to your desired workout time and then hit countdown, and it counts down from there and a sound plays when it finishes. Again, you can amend the amount of time incase you went over it or were not able to continue. When you confirm the number, it adds that as a set for that exercise.

Registered User jthomas@area-networks.com's Avatar
    jthomas@area-networks.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I absolutely agree with this. I am looking for a different app now that will do this. It would be great if bodybuilding.com could do this. I see all this PDF material all over the site for suggested workout tracking but if we can avoid bringing paper and pencil into the gym and provide customers what seems to be a staple for their routines (easy tracking capability) then sign me up!

mobow213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wish the app would let you log in your current workout that is on your calendar. I tried it via the mobile website and ended up having 8 copies of the workout in my tracker. Had to go back to the pen and paper tracking method.

kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ill have to check that one out. A lot of other apps i have seen seem very slow and unresponsive. One thing I never liked about the body building.com app is it just felt like every time i entered a value it would take time to update to the site or something... like a lag.. felt like more work then an aid.