Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 160 lbs
    FGParkour will become famous soon enough. (+50) FGParkour will become famous soon enough. (+50) FGParkour will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit FGParkour's BodySpace

Android App: add workout log

I really think you guys can corner the market and push out the Jefit program by doing

1. a workout log
    2. doing it better than Jefit's (which sucks MAJOR BALLS, it is actually terrible!) also the other workout log apps are also terrible. They are all lacking in easy to navigate UI.

Features:

Add an exercise from the already present list:
    OR start typing an exercise and it will suggest which ones you are thinking of based on what you have typed already.

Once selected, you must set the weight that you did. Buttons should look like this: (or manually type it in the box)

+ 2.5 Toggle Plus/Minus
    + 50 + 30 + 20 + 1
    + 100 + 40 + 10 + 5

Then amount of reps, same idea:

+1 + 3 + 5
    + 6 + 4 + 2

Then press Ok and it adds it as a set.

For exercises that are based on time, like hangs or paralettes, I suggest a cool and unique feature (not to mention not difficult to code)

You have an analog clock, set to 12:00, both arrows pointing up. Then you put your finger on the arrow, and drag it to the right. A corresponding number changes in seconds. If you did 80 seconds for example, you just drag the arrow around one full circle then to the 4. Or, if you have not done the exercise yet, there should be a button at the bottom, Start, that starts the clock and counts up. That same button should now read stop and you can stop when you finish and can now amend the time by dragging it forward or back, incase it is not accurate.

Lastly with this fun little clock, you should have a second button at the bottom called countdown. This time, you set the clock to your desired workout time and then hit countdown, and it counts down from there and a sound plays when it finishes. Again, you can amend the amount of time incase you went over it or were not able to continue. When you confirm the number, it adds that as a set for that exercise.

Registered User jthomas@area-networks.com's Avatar
    Stats: 195 lbs
    jthomas@area-networks.com is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit jthomas@area-networks.com's BodySpace
    I absolutely agree with this. I am looking for a different app now that will do this. It would be great if bodybuilding.com could do this. I see all this PDF material all over the site for suggested workout tracking but if we can avoid bringing paper and pencil into the gym and provide customers what seems to be a staple for their routines (easy tracking capability) then sign me up!

GymJunkie4Eva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit GymJunkie4Eva's BodySpace
    You should check out GymProvise. It is a paid app that's a Workout Tracker, Workout Planner, Exercise Directory, Progress Tracker and general fitness companion.

It's got 350+ exercises with images and instructions, lets you setup your Training Program in minutes, supports advanced training techniques like Supersets & Dropsets, and enables you to easily track you Workout in real time with many tracking features e.g. Rest Timer/Stopwatch. It also has a bunch of great Charts to see your progress, and lets you optionally post summaries of your Workouts to Facebook.

It was designed and built by a small group each of whom have more than 10 years of training experience. We know our way around a Gym and we think it's pretty well reflected in the app. We also know that a bodybuilding app should not disrupt Workouts by being cumbersome and difficult to use (like many bodybuilding apps out there), otherwise it defeats the purpose of said app.

DISCLAIMER: I am one of the founders

Stats: 6'0", 136 lbs
    MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000) MikkelZUYE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit MikkelZUYE's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by GymJunkie4Eva View Post
    You should check out GymProvise. It is a paid app that's a Workout Tracker, Workout Planner, Exercise Directory, Progress Tracker and general fitness companion.

It's got 350+ exercises with images and instructions, lets you setup your Training Program in minutes, supports advanced training techniques like Supersets & Dropsets, and enables you to easily track you Workout in real time with many tracking features e.g. Rest Timer/Stopwatch. It also has a bunch of great Charts to see your progress, and lets you optionally post summaries of your Workouts to Facebook.

It was designed and built by a small group each of whom have more than 10 years of training experience. We know our way around a Gym and we think it's pretty well reflected in the app. We also know that a bodybuilding app should not disrupt Workouts by being cumbersome and difficult to use (like many bodybuilding apps out there), otherwise it defeats the purpose of said app.

DISCLAIMER: I am one of the founders
    pfch im not gonna pay for an app, I'll just write it down or something

Stats: 5'7", 171 lbs
    kapitol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit kapitol's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by MikkelZUYE View Post
    Couldn't agree more with not buying an app.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

If you don't know what it is to fail, how will you ever succeed? Tomorrow is not promised.

Stats: 5'11", 240 lbs
    mobow213 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mobow213's BodySpace
    Wish the app would let you log in your current workout that is on your calendar. I tried it via the mobile website and ended up having 8 copies of the workout in my tracker. Had to go back to the pen and paper tracking method.

Stats: 5'10", 158 lbs
    evllz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit evllz's BodySpace
    I tried many logging apps, including Jefit, which is a powerfull, but totally inconvenient app. Finally, I decided to write my own. I personally do not need much from a logging app - just let me enter weights, reps, display what I did earlier and provide a timer for rest.
    So I added all this basic stuff in an Android app Bodybuilding Log
    There are no ads, no internet access is required - just a small utility.
    If you need something simple, you can give it a try, I would be very glad if my small utility helped someone else as well

Stats: 5'10", 184 lbs
    bunderwo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit bunderwo's BodySpace
    I've been using the GymProvise app mentioned above for a while now to cover my workouts - can recommend it.

mgee414 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bunderwo View Post
    I've been using the GymProvise app mentioned above for a while now to cover my workouts - can recommend it.
    Yep. Couldn't agree more. Gymprovise is AWESOME. Best on Android by an absolute mile!!!

There's a free version out. It's so good I paid for it.

@MikkelZUYE you're spending more $$$ on your pen and notebooks, which don't even last more than a couple of months....you dumb f****

Stats: 5'10", 150 lbs
    kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000) kurylo3d is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit kurylo3d's BodySpace
    Ill have to check that one out. A lot of other apps i have seen seem very slow and unresponsive. One thing I never liked about the body building.com app is it just felt like every time i entered a value it would take time to update to the site or something... like a lag.. felt like more work then an aid.

Stats: 5'9", 147 lbs
    OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OliverPranks has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit OliverPranks's BodySpace
    I write mine down too.
    #GoHardOrGoHome #EctomorphsForNowOnly #TimeToChange #StartingStrength

~Currently on Starting Strength. 3rd week(Phase 1) ( Can't wait for Phase 2 to learn Power Cleans :D )

Squats - From 20kg to 45kg(99lbs) 3x5. - 09 November 2013
    BP - From 20kg to 35kg(77lbs) 3x5. - 07 November 2013
    DLs - From 22.5kg to 60kg(132lbs) 1x5. - 09 November 2013
    OHP - From 20kg to 25kg(55lbs) 3x5. - 09 November 2013

Not a lot but I am moving up the mountain step by step every workout.