MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Equipment Alternatives for Home and Outdoor Workouts?

I'm trying to find some interesting workout routines to do outdoors and alternative equipment to use at home e.g. chairs instead of a dip station. I found this workout to be cool, but parks in my area don't have such stations, just monkey bars:

What type of equipment do you like to use during your outdoor workouts? What special items have you incorporated into your home workouts e.g. towels or beams?
    "You gotta be hungry!" -Les Brown

"Catty ho's and haters will always be the modern day Bojangles. They provide such laughter and entertainment."

Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can do a full body calisthenics routine w/ out any equipment but if you want to gain strength you need to dedicate a LOT of time to doing them. I know for a fact those guys lift weights you can tell just by looking at them. When I want to exercise outside I just jog to the track at the highschool and do some HIIT pushups, situps, and squats. There's a lot of ways you can incorporate exercise outside with out any equipment just takes dedication. If I could have an ideal set up it would just be a barbell and dumbbell set. Blah blah blah or you could join a softball league lol

MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleThick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Armstrongha View Post
    You can do a full body calisthenics routine w/ out any equipment but if you want to gain strength you need to dedicate a LOT of time to doing them. I know for a fact those guys lift weights you can tell just by looking at them. When I want to exercise outside I just jog to the track at the highschool and do some HIIT pushups, situps, and squats. There's a lot of ways you can incorporate exercise outside with out any equipment just takes dedication. If I could have an ideal set up it would just be a barbell and dumbbell set. Blah blah blah or you could join a softball league lol
    LOL @ "...join a softball league."

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Armstrongha View Post
    You must be their chaperone to know for sure...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Thanks for sharing this link. I might search for a used copy.

clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clockwork247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MuscleThick View Post
    I'm trying to find some interesting workout routines to do outdoors and alternative equipment to use at home e.g. chairs instead of a dip station. I found this workout to be cool, but parks in my area don't have such stations, just monkey bars:

What type of equipment do you like to use during your outdoor workouts? What special items have you incorporated into your home workouts e.g. towels or beams?
    pull up, dips, pushup, squat...

all can be done without weights (or you can do them with smaller weights at higher reps)...

basically body weight exercise. and you can add a weight vest while performing them...

I understand that people will want to work with a specific rep range... but if you don't have the equipment, higher rep range might be the only way out since you can't add too much weight.

I have always prefer to use weight because it's easier to keep track of the progress, but i've seen plenty success story using body weight workout.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A set of gym rings thrown over a tree limb or piece of tall playground equipment will provide dozens of exercises including pullups, dips, body rows, pushups, flyes, assistance for 1 legged squats. bulgarian split squats, core work, etc etc etc etc.
    Cheap, portable, versatile and effective.

Go to this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120190661

reviews of different brands of rings and a TON of exercise videos (starting on pg 2) to give you plenty of ways to mix it up and challenge yourself.
    Last edited by buffbrown21; 01-31-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Originally Posted by clockwork247 View Post
    pull up, dips, pushup, squat...

all can be done without weights (or you can do them with smaller weights at higher reps)...

basically body weight exercise. and you can add a weight vest while performing them...

I understand that people will want to work with a specific rep range... but if you don't have the equipment, higher rep range might be the only way out since you can't add too much weight.

I have always prefer to use weight because it's easier to keep track of the progress, but i've seen plenty success story using body weight workout.
    Thanks Clockwork, I will have to invest in a weighted vest. Wouldn't mind jogging with one on.

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    A set of gym rings thrown over a tree limb or piece of tall playground equipment will provide dozens of exercises including pullups, dips, body rows, pushups, flyes, assistance for 1 legged squats. bulgarian split squats, core work, etc etc etc etc.
    Cheap, portable, versatile and effective.

Go to this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120190661

reviews of different brands of rings and a TON of exercise videos (starting on pg 2) to give you plenty of ways to mix it up and challenge yourself.
    Appreciate the tips buffb! I have a few bands so now it's time to find some tree limbs I can reach.
    "You gotta be hungry!" -Les Brown

"Catty ho's and haters will always be the modern day Bojangles. They provide such laughter and entertainment."

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleThick View Post
    Thanks Clockwork, I will have to invest in a weighted vest. Wouldn't mind jogging with one on.

Appreciate the tips buffb! I have a few bands so now it's time to find some tree limbs I can reach.

Make sure that you understand, I am not talking about resistance bands, I am talking about gymnastic rings with straps. Please check out the link I provided.
    And you will NOT have to be able to reach the tree limb or whatever you decide to hang the gym rings from. You simply throw the rings (with the strap attached) over the branch, and then attach the strap properly.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com