ladybrock24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new to bodybuilding - progress so far (pic)

hey all so i am new to all this, i have been training for 2 months, before that i was doing a bit of cycling/jogging but nothing serious.

I have a diet that consists of 1800 calories of all good foods such as protein and wholemeal.

I weight train (full body routine) monday wednesday and Friday

Tuesday, Thursday Saturday i run or do interval training and sundays i usually go for a nice bike ride.

Here are my results over a 2 month period (the last month i have seen most results) i had a set back where i came off my bike and hurt my arm which meant no training for a week then light training for another.

Any way i would like to hear your thoughts on my progress as critical as they may be and if you could give me any help/advice as id like to try and speed up the process a little, i feel fairly satisfied with results but i am sure i can get better!

Mesurements 5/12/2011

Weight 138 upper arm left - 11.3 upper arm right - 12.3 abdomen - 35 waist - 28.5 Hips - 37 Thigh left - 20.5 Thigh right - 20

Measurements today 30/02/2012

Weight 139 upper arm left - 11 upper arm right - 1.2 abdomen - 33.5 waist - 28 Hips - 35 Thigh left - 21 Thigh right - 20.5

So overall I have lost/gained in inches

.3 on upper arm
    1.3 on right arm
    abdomen - 1.5
    waist - .5
    Hips - 2
    high left - .5 GAIN
    Thigh right - .5 GAIN

I am trying to loose body fat of course.

I have a picture but cant see where or if I can upload it
    Attached Images

MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MegaLex88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I see progress. Keep it up.
    My advice to any newbie is to have compound exercises as your foundation - Pull-up, Push-up, Deadlift and squat. Especially squat! The body of a woman that squats is always gonna be better than one that doesn't. Sumo squats, Stability ball squats, Side squats. Once your form is on point add weights, train in the hypertrophy area and feel the burn!

Originally Posted by MegaLex88 View Post
    I see progress. Keep it up.
    My advice to any newbie is to have compound exercises as your foundation - Pull-up, Push-up, Deadlift and squat. Especially squat! The body of a woman that squats is always gonna be better than one that doesn't. Sumo squats, Stability ball squats, Side squats. Once your form is on point add weights, train in the hypertrophy area and feel the burn!
    cheers i will indeed be keeping it up!
    ill add squats to my full body routine then maybe even after runs as well.

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ladybrock24 View Post
    ...ill add squats to my full body routine then maybe even after runs as well.
    Why on Earth would you do that?! Maybe I'm not fully understanding what your workouts consist of, but to me going for a run and then trying do squats seems not only counterproducive to muscle building, but dangerous as well. If you want to really crank up the calorie burn and build muscle you need to lift weights that CHALLENGE you, and that means heavy. I can't imagine getting under a bar or picking up some heavy dummbbells after running, and attempting to crank out some quality squats.

If you want to up your caloric deficit by adding in cardio on your weightlifting days, I suggest doing cardio AFTER you lift. It's bound to be safer, and chances are you'll be able to push your workouts a lot harder.

I know everyone is different, and what works for some may not work for all but in my own experiences over the last 7 years I have seen the difference that prioritization training makes; I do my hardest lifts first, and then occasionally cool down with some cardio. Generally cardio is on a separate day all together.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also see some very nice progress going on. Keep up the good work.

I have to agree with nacersusaf about the weights/cardio order. Weights first, then cardio or do them on separate days. In case you think this is just a bias of bodybuilder types, I come from an endurance background (distance running & triathlon). Cardio definately comes after for me. The process of exercise, either weights or cardio, will deplete your muscles of glycogen and your muscles need glycogen to get the most effective workout. By doing the weights first, you can maximize your lifts. Doing your cardio afterwards, in a glycogen depleted state, will cause your body to burn more fat for fuel which is a win-win. I will admit that it certainly makes running tough after a heavy weights session (even upper body, you'd be surprised how hard it is to run with tired arms and shoulders lol), but just think of it as an additional training challenge .

Best of luck.

Cheers guys I don't know why I said that tbh as I realise now it was stupid!

I do weight training Monday Wednesday Friday and run on Tuesday Thursday Saturday

I just did a 4.6 mile run in 34 mins ( 7 minute mile) today which I am dead chuffed about, it is only my 4th outdoor run, I have been mainly training on the tread mill during the winter

I will be adding squats to my weight routine tomorrow morning at the gym

ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ams2737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whatever you do dont try running then doing squats. you are asking to get hurt. just on days you are wanting to squat do a light jog to warm up. like nacersusaf said lift weights that will challenge you. also if possible when lifting heavy weights have someone spot you so you dont injure yourself.

yea i do push myself on the weights, i try to lift as much as i possibly can. my best on the chest press ( i do this instead of bench as i go on my own in the mornings) is 95 for example and i cn get 6 reps out of it but i start with 75 and do 12

my legs are pretty strong and i can get 270 at 12 reps out of them

just as examples...

Raven88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're definately heading in the right direction!! keep up your hard work and you can meet or evern surpass your goals

MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MamaAdjuste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ladybrock24 View Post
    Cheers guys I don't know why I said that tbh as I realise now it was stupid!

I do weight training Monday Wednesday Friday and run on Tuesday Thursday Saturday

I just did a 4.6 mile run in 34 mins ( 7 minute mile) today which I am dead chuffed about, it is only my 4th outdoor run, I have been mainly training on the tread mill during the winter

I will be adding squats to my weight routine tomorrow morning at the gym
    7 min mile that is awesome! I can see a change in your pics. Keep up the good work!

well almost 7 min

it was actually 7.29 but im proud of it